Kerbal Express Airlines - Regional Jet Challenge (Reboot)

Mjp1050

48 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

For us console players...:) could we submit using photos of the Enginners Report and in flight photos with stats KSP Console is at 1.1 so... it it would be ok yes?

Normally you'd have to upload the craft to somewhere so that we can test it, but I don't know if that's an option on consoles...

I've got a theory, though: maybe you could back up your KSP data to a USB drive, then upload your data to Dropbox and we could pull the craft file from that? I'm just guessing; I don't know if that would actually work or not...you wanna give it a try?

Edited a post or two. Please avoid political references, even in jest, and avoid making fun of people who play the game on other platforms. Maybe that was meant as humor as well, but it doesn't always sound that way to the person being teased. 

7 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

Normally you'd have to upload the craft to somewhere so that we can test it, but I don't know if that's an option on consoles...

I've got a theory, though: maybe you could back up your KSP data to a USB drive, then upload your data to Dropbox and we could pull the craft file from that? I'm just guessing; I don't know if that would actually work or not...you wanna give it a try?

I'll look for a way to do it...

7 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

It's not up to me, as explained in my post, [snip]

I didn't mean it like that 

6 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Edited a post or two. Please avoid political references, even in jest, and avoid making fun of people who play the game on other platforms. Maybe that was meant as humor as well, but it doesn't always sound that way to the person being teased. 

Oh, I didn't read forum rules..... 

7 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

It is not a option how about I make a video of it doing what the assignment is like part 1 part 2 part 3 etc

I completed my Jet it is supersonic class can hold 22 Kerbals (covert to the challenge number) cost 132,746 credits so I believe that's 132,746,000 It can travel 1/4 across Kerbin in under 1 human hour (Equivalnt of NYC TO ROME) Has two Nuclear Reactors and 1 Observation Deck underneath in the belly of the plane. Cruising speed and altitude. is about 500 m/s to about 850 m/s at an altitude of 12,000 to 20,000. Yes it can take off at 80m/s from the runway. This Jet being request to be Purchased is Called KESA AD-1 Not to be Confused with KESA AD-1 Engine Block

Safety: Bird Strike Chance because of shape of inlets is less the Kullys water landing,

Capable of a Emergency water landing if flown correctly. 

Stats:

Height 8.0m

Width 24.9m 

Lengh 19.9 m

66/300 parts

Mass 58.4 t

Wing Stats

No Elevons except for 2 "Big-S Spaceplane Tain Fin" 

Main Wings are "FAT-455 Aeroplane Main Wing"

2 Tain Fins at 45-50 degree angles 

Tain fins are FAT 455 Aeroplane Tail Fin

Landing gear are extra large in back and large in front

Engines

4 Sets of KESA AD-1 Engine Blocks 

2 on each wings closer to the edges than the fuselage

Note: KESA AD-1 Engine Blocks are fictitious and are so called Sub Assembiles

They are made from and in this order 

Aerodynamic Nose Cose -Mk 1 Liquid Fuel Fuselage -Adjustable Ramp Intake (Radial x2) -J-404 "Panther" Afterburing Turbofan

In the fusalage their is one more J-404 "Panther" Afterburing Turbofan at a 45 degree downward to assist in emergency and normal situations is is not NORMALLY run are cruising altitude unless needed It is controlled by Action Group 10

Additionally their are two J-X4 "Whiplash" Turbo Ramjet Engine(s) 

these are on the back connected to a Mk2 Bicoupler the Two Whiplash(s) are the so called root part for the control surfaces only.

Additionally in the Middle of the wings by volume 2/3 in by appearance their is an Inverted KESA AD-1 Engine Block (so the engine thrust is opposite to a normal plane) however the Radial Air Ramps and Enfine have been removed and replaced by one "Adjustable Ramp Intake" in the position of the engine location on each wing. 

Kerbal Comfort. (Fictitious nonsense for entertainment and realism.

The Plane comes equipped with 1 Cockpit which is able to hold 2 kerbals and 5 Mk2 Crew Cabin(s) The Last two cabins in the back are Economy Class and shouldn't be charged less than $80 for a seat. 

The next the cabins are 2nd Class and have a Snack Bar at the exit for closest to the First Cabin near the cockpit. 2nd Class enjoys The Ability to PAY for Observation Deck Access Also. 2nd Class shouldn't be charged less than $150 for a seat. 

Finally First Class, First Class Acces comes with a Free Bottled Water supply. First Class also comes with 15 Minutes of Observation Deck Acces for free. Finally First Class also comes with 5 snacks from the snack bar at a 75% discount. 

Snack Bar

Available Snacks Are

Chips

Cookies

Water

Katorade

Kowerade

Tea

Coffee

Ktar Bucks Coffee

Sandwiches

and Finally Kips and Kalsa

This Plane is supplied by

Kerbal  Exploration  Space Agency

Aeronautics Division

Dear Colleuages At Kerbal Express Airlines 

The Purchase of this plane would provide Highend Luxurous and Speedy Travels to other reaches of Kerbin. This Plane would destoy all other competititors in the Airline World such as Kelta Kunited Airlines are many more. The Comforts passengers would enjoy and the views of thens scenic landscape of Kerbal provided by the Observation Deck would make this plane ideal for a successor to the Koncorde Plane from 45 years ago. The Higher Altitude would The the plane unnoticeable the people of the ground even at its supersonic speeds. We regret not having screen shots but our Press Editor (me) is unaware of home to upload media into your website (forums) If we are told in how to upload to the site we would be able to supply photos and if possible videos of the plane... (If you can do that)

Please consider this Jet for your fleet

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

10 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

What if I just send photos and on your end it reconstructed via photos their is almost no part clipping so it should be easy. I've done all the testing already all that needs to be done is for it to be built on the test pilots end

Note I Submitted All the details I can give via words in the post above...

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

1 hour ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

What if I just send photos and on your end it reconstructed via photos their is almost no part clipping so it should be easy. I've done all the testing already all that needs to be done is for it to be built on the test pilots end

Note I Submitted All the details I can give via words in the post above...

I'd be willing to rebuild your plane. Do you know how to insert pictures in posts yet?

9 hours ago, Bombstar10 said:

I concede to your amazing and glorious passenger stuffing madness

Won't stop me trying to make a more insane deathtrap though.

Looks on in horror.. BIG BROTHER HAS REPLACED ME! (Is kidnapped  and taken to MiniTru to be interrogated by his majesty Big Brother's government) (if you don't get the reference then I will sound insane)

On 12/3/2017 at 12:38 PM, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Looks on in horror.. BIG BROTHER HAS REPLACED ME! (Is kidnapped  and taken to MiniTru to be interrogated by his majesty Big Brother's government) (if you don't get the reference then I will sound insane)

dammit I have to re-enter this insanity competition. I tried to modify my earlier designs to hold more people, but testing revealed that that caused the plane to split apart, from back to front. ( I should probably video that - update, I have. )

If you look in horror at Big Brother's commandments, you are a doubleplusungood wrongthinker.

https://youtu.be/jCULG2b6248

Edited by CrazyJebGuy

8 hours ago, CrazyJebGuy said:

dammit I have to re-enter this insanity competition. I tried to modify my earlier designs to hold more people, but testing revealed that that caused the plane to split apart, from back to front. ( I should probably video that - update, I have. )

If you look in horror at Big Brother's commandments, you are a dirty wrongthinker.

https://youtu.be/jCULG2b6248

That’s fantastic. I ran into a few issues where the two floors of my plane split apart (read giant super biplane)

Oh and. Something something Thought Police.

(Posting this again, because the first one was not judged)

The Konsolidated Aircraft Corporation proud to announce:

The PBY Katalina!

Embodying the traits of both a seaplane, and a supersonic transport, the Katalina is the next step in aviation innovation. 

https://imgur.com/a/r6QW0

Specs:

Max speed: 3201 mph ( mach 4.17)

Max Range: about 4000km

Passengers: 24

Cost: $53,816,000

Able to land on water? YES

Able to take off on water? YES

minimum landing speed 30m/s

Minimum takeoff speed 40-50m/s ( on water)

Minimum takeoff speed 60-70m/s ( on land)

Maximum operational ceiling 21,000 m

Note: action group one toggles main engines, action group two toggles water takeoff assist engines,  or  WATAE

To take off on water, the pilot must set main engines and WATAE to full, and pull up as hard as they can. WATAE should be disengaged after water takeoff. WATAE can be used the same way, for conventional land based operations. Ingaging WATAE 

Adapted from an old Bomber, The B-PBY Katalina, , the PBY has passenger seating located in the front of the plane, to reduce annoying engine noises, for the passengers. Unlike conventional seating arrangements.  

NOT AUTHORIZED FOR USE ABOVE 23,000 METERS

Happy Flying!

Link to PBY:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8CUWK2g0KlyallaQ3Y0eHZUeVU/view?usp=sharing 

58 minutes ago, notsodeadjeb said:

(Posting this again, because the first one was not judged)

The Konsolidated Aircraft Corporation proud to announce:

The PBY Katalina!

Embodying the traits of both a seaplane, and a supersonic transport, the Katalina is the next step in aviation innovation. 

https://imgur.com/a/r6QW0

Specs:

Max speed: 3201 mph ( mach 4.17)

Max Range: about 4000km

Passengers: 24

Cost: $53,816,000

Able to land on water? YES

Able to take off on water? YES

minimum landing speed 30m/s

Minimum takeoff speed 40-50m/s ( on water)

Minimum takeoff speed 60-70m/s ( on land)

Maximum operational ceiling 21,000 m

Note: action group one toggles main engines, action group two toggles water takeoff assist engines,  or  WATAE

To take off on water, the pilot must set main engines and WATAE to full, and pull up as hard as they can. WATAE should be disengaged after water takeoff. WATAE can be used the same way, for conventional land based operations. Ingaging WATAE 

Adapted from an old Bomber, The B-PBY Katalina, , the PBY has passenger seating located in the front of the plane, to reduce annoying engine noises, for the passengers. Unlike conventional seating arrangements.  

NOT AUTHORIZED FOR USE ABOVE 23,000 METERS

Happy Flying!

Link to RPBY:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8CUWK2g0KlyallaQ3Y0eHZUeVU/view?usp=sharing 

Currently in the process of judging, sorry for the radio silence. :wink:

The Magzimum Aerospace Design (MAD) bureau would like to submit the "MAD TF-3a Swift" as the finest choice for a supersonic jet for any airline on Kerbin. Designed to exceed all the quality expectations of even the grumpiest critics, this jet combines speed, range and comfort, while keeping the price very reasonable.

Bf47ked.jpg

The triple fuselage design ensures that there is enough room for the passengers. Also, passengers can wave at each other from one fuselage to another. Anyone who has every travelled on any moving vehicle knows that passengers appreciate it greatly when they are given the opportunity to wave at someone through a window. We expect that window seats can be sold at premium prices.

Your airline can fly up to 40 passengers to any location on Kerbin for as little as $26,721,000. In fact, this supersonic jet can circumnavigate the planet on a non-stop flight, and in the blink of an eye! Our boffins at the MAD bureau ensure that while most passengers want to fly from A to B, there is an upcoming market for A-to-A-flights. This plane can service both these markets.

Take-off speed (fully loaded) is 69 m/s. We recommend that pilots set their throttle to 80% while cruising at an altitude of 23,000m and a speed of 1250 m/s. Going full-throttle at altitudes of below 16,000 m can cause the revolutionary triple fuselage to get a little warm. Actually, it will get a little warm at almost any altitude. With two Whiplash engines, this plane has no shortage of power! Since the addition of the communotron-16 at the nose of the plane, the cockpit has not melted anymore. Our boffins say that the price this additional part is well worth it.

pQcqNef.jpg

The plane is designed to carry live passengers. As a result, agility at speeds of Mach 4 and up was not a design consideration. The marketing department of the MAD bureau ensured that most passengers just want to go straight at these speeds. However, the plane performs quite well at lower speeds, which is convenient when attempting things like landing on a runway. Contrary to the passengers, the plane will not break at high-G turns. The plane is designed to be most nimble when the fuel tanks are not completely full, which occurs mostly when landing. In order to test this feature, potential buyers are encouraged not to fuel up the plane completely when taking it out for a short test flight. Obviously, if the plane is fully fueled, it will still handle well, but just a teeny tiny bit slower.

LzBFkFT.jpg

The MAD bureau has so far built one prototype which we will make available for testing. Production of the plane can be started as soon as tomorrow.

Edited by Magzimum

Test Pilot Review: @notsodeadjeb 's  Konsolidated Aircraft Corporation -- PBY Katalina

RXrkqjl.jpg

Figures as Tested:

• Price: :funds:53,807,000
  • Fuel: 2000 kallons
  • Cruising speed: 1350m/s
  • Cruising altitude: 21000m
  • Fuel burn rate: .285kal/s
  • Range:  8500km

Review Notes:

It's not often that one finds a supersonic seaplane, but the PBY Katalina is such a craft and does so while maintaining the luxuries of both without much sacrifice. The Katalina is an excellent performer without significant drawbacks. It is able to ferry 24 passengers to any location in the world at a speedy rate, though comfort may be mildly overlooked. The Katalina proves to be a simple plane, though it does take a while to learn its behavior.

With 3 turboramjets, the Katalina accelerates like nothing else, boasting a rather short liftoff run for a supersonic aircraft. However, these engines run loud, guzzle fuel, and shake the cabin at full throttle. We don't think this will be a plane that brings great first impressions, but the Katalina does reach cruise fairly quickly, which might remedy this issue. The unconventional landing gear doesn't like being on the ground, causing the plane to bounce around erratically on terra firma. Although barf bags are provided for all our flights, we hope we won't need to replace every single one after a flight. The Katalina also has a wildly varying fuel consumption, so any mistake in bringing the plane up to cruise can result in hundreds of kilometers of the overall range being lost. While the plane is easy to fly, visibility from the cockpit is very poor, being blocked off by the wings and fuel tanks on the side, and the passenger cabins up front. This is very much an instrument based aircraft, and will require much more training than other planes.

We liked practically everything else about this plane, though, the large wing area made for excellent low-speed handling, and the pontoons didn't seem to affect overall flight characteristics. The triple engine design makes this aircraft very safe in the event of an emergency, as it can easily fly on a lone Whiplash with ease. The two engines in the nose to aid in water takeoffs were very easy to use, and they did make life a lot easier for our pilots. The aircraft was very maneuverable in both pitch and roll axes, and above average yaw control, especially for a supersonic jet. Landings tended to be shorter than takeoffs with the Katalina, as the large wings allow for a very low stall speed. While the plane may not be a looker, she performs very well, providing the best of both worlds.

With 67 parts, many of which form the pontoons, the Katalina should not require excessive amounts of maintenance. The engines are well placed, as are the intakes. We don't think the craft will need much service throughout its lifespan, though the extensive ducting may drive up costs if there are any defects.

The Verdict:

With a relatively high cost, especially for the passenger capacity, we aren't sure if we can afford to put this craft into service. Despite the great characteristics, there are not many water routes that would benefit from supersonic speeds, especially due to the acoustic properties of water. However, the performance is simply too good to give up. We will purchase 4 to put into business class only routes along the coast and vacation spots, with options for up to 8 more.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.