Plugin to make the camera in the VAB behave the same as in the SPH?

HafCoJoe

I'd like a plugin that swaps the scroll wheel, and scroll wheel+shift functions in the VAB so that it operates the same way in the SPH. Having built around 90% of my craft in the SPH it feels like entering an alien world going into the VAB... :P

- To clarify, the WASD editor camera is not what I'm looking for; I simply want the scroll wheel, and scroll wheel+shift functions to be swapped.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

17 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

even better IMO:

Ah @linuxgurugamer's plugin is incredible :) Still though it's more of an addon to building that reworking the stock ones. It doesn't effect quick vertical movement the way holding shift does. I'd like a plugin that makes holding shift move vertically the same way that it does in the SPH so both builders operate the same.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

3 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I would except I run into the problem that rockets don't fit vertically in the SPH :/ 

Oh yes of course. I just always build mine sideways, keep an eye on the radial/symmetry settings, and when i am done just shift-click the craft, flip it upright and launch(on load the game will figure out how to not put it underground)

Prefer it since it is a lot easier to get into tight spaces, like adding payload inside fairings or cargo bays, building a quick rover that will serve a 10 seconds purpose after landing. It is also a lot more spacious(great for planning the majority of a moon base before sending up the pieces), and then building pieces to land on the Mun horizontally is much easier in SPH.

I see you make some cool youtube videos, so i have to admit maybe SPH isn't the solution. Your viewers probably want something familiar like the VAB they are used to. I didnt like the SPH at first, only after "finishing" my first career did i start experimenting in the SPH...and after the pay-to-upgrade ksc buildings update, i quickly realized that i could save money by only upgrading the SPH/runway. This way i can launch rockets and planes for the price of one building

10 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

It doesn't effect quick vertical movement the way holding shift does.

it's got modifier keys that lets you move fast or crawl slow and can be adjusted. So when I hold Shift and press Q my view zips right up. Easier on my mouse hand too than working the scroll wheel constantly

Edited by Drew Kerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.