Yukon's Stock Replicas

Yukon0009

This will be a collection of all the stock airplanes and rockets I build. I hope you have as much flying them as I had making them!

Apollo Saturn V Lo77ymy.png

Spoiler

Naro-1 KSLV E2h0S4C.png

Soyuz 7K-TM YHWcWOA.png

Ranger Block 3/Atlas Agena Lo77ymy.png

Spoiler

Space Shuttle Enterprise//Shuttle Carrier Aircraft 747 Lo77ymy.png

SpaceX GO Navigator Lo77ymy.png

Avro Arrow 2 aLwIuvS.png

Nakajima Ki-43 TyfMmxJ.png

Northrop HL-10 Lo77ymy.png

Spoiler

The greased flying brick. Good luck landing this thing.

E4dDxbu.png

hPGQkHP.png

Image result for hl-10

KerbalX Download

F-89 Scorpion Lo77ymy.png

Spoiler

This was an interceptor meant for defending US aerospace during the 1950s, and it had a freakin nuclear air-air rocket. Its overkill, but again http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThereIsNoKillLikeOverkill.

74 parts

KerbalX Download

8qnNvbg.png

5UBheLp.png

2eKxTAA.png

1200px-59fis-f-89-goosebay.jpg

Avro Arrow CF-105 aLwIuvS.png (Updated)

Avro Arrow CF-105  aLwIuvS.png (Legacy)

Spoiler

Mach 2 interceptor program from Canada in the 1950s, it was very advanced for its time. Sadly, it was cancelled after a prototype was up and flying, replaced with the Bomarc intercept missile. Shame.

KerbalX Download

isEuhdL.png

Ks0j2tL.png

Ks0j2tL.png

RFztFh2.png

0FhW497.jpg

V-1/Fi-103

Spoiler

The late-war German cruise missile, also the first cruise missile deployed in war. It used basically what was a clockwork mechanism as guidance (propellor attached to the front, after a set number of revolutions it would nosedive and detonate). It used a pulsejet engine, which is inefficient and loud but is cheap and powerful.

KerbalX Download

42cq8tr.png

8MtZaY5.png

VmnD6xS.png

8LR40cv.png

IFURCtZ.png

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1975-117-26,_Marsc

I-16 Rata YHWcWOA.png

Spoiler

The I-16 was a mainstay Soviet fighter during the beginning of WW2. First used in the Spanish Civil War, and pushed out of service in 1943, when it had begun to be seriously outclassed by anything the Germans had. A decent plane to have around in War Thunder.

KerbalX Download

xz5vGIO.png

Ik7oCE1.png

taPIaLN.png

atobJHd.png

i16refbg_1.jpg

Il-28 Beagle YHWcWOA.png

Spoiler

It was a first-generation jet bomber built by the Soviets in 1950. It was exported to various countries, and a few still are in service with North Korea's air force.

KerbalX Download

tSN894v.png

5qnuWed.png

0LNPCnG.png

pstRa0U.png

Hgri4zI.png

GYIyokz.png

Il-28%20Big3_c3c420863428e1cae06b8ba5d54

Hawker Hurricane zTU3fqV.png

Spoiler

The Spitfire's less well known stablemate, and a kingmaker in the Battle of Britain, built in far larger numbers than the Spitfire. Some were catapulted off the bows of merchant ships like a rudimentary surface to air missile.

This replica is a fun little STOL plane to fly around the KSCqSzaOsB.png

KerbalX Download

qgeETkh.png

AHWCkvP.png

o4ELZhn.png

qSzaOsB.png

fMk7yBN.jpg

Edited by Yukon0009

• 4 weeks later...

@Yukon0009 you did the Arrow very well, the only complaints I have are a) the wingspan is a bit longer, b) you have to notch the wings, this is key to the Arrow's looks.

Also, screw Diefenbaker for cancelling this beauty in real life and collapsing Avro Canada. We could have been known for our exceptional and unique air force but now we have to live with American CF-18 jets.

Edited by Matuchkin

• 2 months later...

DID SOMEONE SAY NORTH KOREA!?!?!?!?

To the tune of the Pokemon theme song:

(I wanna be, the very worst, like everyone never was!)

(To fire missiles is my cause, to build them is my test!)

(NORTH KOREA!)

(My people are starving and dying of radiation!)

(NORTH KOREA!)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Yukon0009 said:

So the testing went fine, until it detonated about 7km up in the air. Back to the drawing board...

These can be a pain in the ass to get working.. Keep at it though mate it looks great so far! Have you played with different autostrut settings. That usually fixes it for me.

Lookin great! I love the paint scheme

I really feel your pain with those spontaneous explosions, had them happen to me ALOT during the testing of my own Saturn V. 

For me I found that the spontaneous explosions were dependent on fuel level and not altitude or speed, making me think that it was the shifting of autostruts from one tank to another as fuel drained that was causing the explosions. (since i was building using autostrut heaviest). I even ended up putting in a fuel locked tank in the rocket, which did actually fix the spontaneous combustion on ascent.. but then i had about 3 rebuilds worth of rockets which spontaneously exploded after i decoupled them. Likewise never figured out the real problem behind that either, but my working guess was that the fairings were unloading slightly before/after the rest of the parts (since following the spent stage down caused no problems). I ended up having to rebuild the stage a bunch of times until it worked on all forms of autostruts as during the previous rebuilds it was only stable with autostrut heaviest. (other autostrut settings caused the craft to spontaneously explode on the pad). Then again, all these problems were with my 2k + ton behemoth so i am not sure how applicable the problems would be for you. 

TLDR; In my experiences never trust a craft that ONLY works on autostrut heaviest 

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect the way the lower stage was built was the reason for the explosion, I previously built it with 4 of the medium empty SRBs as structural support, and just about everything hung from those and the decoupler. Attatching everything from a central spine of fuel tanks seems to reduce the explosion count somewhat.

Anyways, I felt a bit of a historical kick, and built an R-7 with the pretty, shiny fairings, and a V-2 that won't fly straight. 

lK21s8m.png

DjL2AcA.png

gctzCVt.png

And I uploaded my BF-109 to Kerbalx. By tweaking and adjusting the prop angle, I managed to push it up to 50 m/s over the previous 30 m/s in level flight.

gyhyDr2.png

mZrQJAo.png

https://kerbalx.com/Yukon0009/BF-109-prop

• 4 months later...

Saturn V is taking on shape. Rebuilding the first stage entirely so that it has less parts and with a less complicated structure, hopefully it will be more stable in-flight. 

The engines are Vectors with SRBs to generate an exhaust plume to look nice.

HYKM8IK.png

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.