Rover Wheels only steer a little

So i had thsi problem with a couple of my rovers lately. The wheels steer in thh right direction. But only so little. Does anyóne know what teh problem is. Is it the other parts right next to the wheels? Because i didn't have the problem with open wheel rovers. But on the other side ive built rovers with wheel wells before and it worked just fine

36 minutes ago, SpaceTrashCan said:

Is it the other parts right next to the wheels?

Proabably. Wheels get steering reductions even from parts that are pretty far away and that would not touch the wheels even when fully steering.

It's hard to tell without a screenshot.

Edited by Gaarst

Can you see the wheels steering? Lots of my rovers can be turned either using the wheel steering or by using brute force from reaction wheels. If you are turning slowly it could be because you are using the reaction wheels to turn instead of steering.

49 minutes ago, SpaceTrashCan said:

b6df96-1505142824.jpg

Here ya go :)  I've had this problem with a lot of different rover lately.  It does happen with wheels that are far from anything else too. 

I think it's the fact that the wheel is close to the spoiler in front of it. You need to have quite some space between the wheels and the parts around it for them to steer properly, but even then it's sometimes weird: in the picture below the wheel (left front) steers further to the left (backwards) than to the right (frontwards) even though it's closer to the beam behind it than to the elevon in front of it.

MHbEMvb.png

Edited by Gaarst

Thank You for the Answers :) Yeah, i haven't understood the logic that KSP uses for this yet. With the wheel further back, still didnÄ't turn properly. 

But then again, with this car i had no problem with the wheels:

20170618224639_1.jpg

3 hours ago, tomf said:

Can you see the wheels steering? Lots of my rovers can be turned either using the wheel steering or by using brute force from reaction wheels. If you are turning slowly it could be because you are using the reaction wheels to turn instead of steering.

That could be it! I'm gonnac check this out. Thank You for the reply :) 

3 hours ago, tomf said:

unfortunately is wasn't the reaction wheel. But Thank You for your answer anyway :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.