Russian Launch and Mission Thread

tater

Still can't get why the ship should need a propulsion after the deorbiting, so how could they know.

The capsule RCS unlikely has a backup, so probably they speak about the service module which should be jettisonned after the last burn.

Also, Soyuzes have a single propulsion engine. Early ones had two.

Edited by kerbiloid

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

The capsule RCS unlikely has a backup, so probably they speak about the service module which should be jettisonned after the last burn.

They mention KDU, we know it means the service module engine.

52 minutes ago, DDE said:

They mention KDU, we know it means the service module engine.

Yes, they say that the main fuel feeding collector failed after deorbiting, so they switched to the backup pipes.

But I wonder how could they know that after the deorbiting it failed, when after deorbiting they jettison the whole propulsion module and don't use its motors, pipes, and collectors.

4 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Yes, they say that the main fuel feeding collector failed after deorbiting, so they switched to the backup pipes.

But I wonder how could they know that after the deorbiting it failed, when after deorbiting they jettison the whole propulsion module and don't use its motors, pipes, and collectors.

Maybe they use the engine to gain more separation from the descent module? Assuming the SM is equipped with a probe core...

10 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Maybe they use the engine to gain more separation from the descent module?

It's mounted prograde, so would be pushing towards the capsule. And its backup are RCS thrusters, so they would be used to push away..

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

Just several videos about FEDOR who will be the only pilot of MS-14.

That middle video, when the technician's poking it with a stick is simply beautiful. An entirely new level of art and science, unprecedented except by Boston Dynamics and their hockey stick.

I wasn't aware that they were working on any such program, but good for them. That's actually quite impressive.

15 minutes ago, DDE said:

Unimpressed. 

The bird uses hands to stay on the rod, while the human above is doing that only with his Attitude Control System, and his hands are free to hold an open can of liquid or to perform fine motor functions like peeling sunflower seeds.

That's what a true anthropomorphic robot should be able to do.

Upd.
Btw, this is an ideal pose for the android(s) transportation. The most stable and compact.
Instead of those stupidly staying robots in I, Robot and other sci-fi.
A squad of androids squatting along the walls in a spaceplane cargo bay. Or a sixpack of them in Soyuz capsule for three.
A spheric capsule less than meter in diameter to descent from space.

Edited by kerbiloid

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Well, this is interesting...

Color me skeptical... <_< Wasn’t Nakua supposed to be up there last decade?

Huh. I thought the ISS was pretty much complete. Also, I'm guessing you mean Nauka?