Russian Launch and Mission Thread

tater

Just now, kerbiloid said:

PTKNP competes with Soyuz. Why Argo can't be a test prototype for future crewship?

PTKNP is made by the same organization that makes Soyuz (RKK Energia). It’s a replacement, not competition. Argo will be made by some outside company and is designed to compete with Progress, which Roscosmos doesn’t want. 

19 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

PTKNP is made by the same organization that makes Soyuz (RKK Energia). It’s a replacement, not competition. Argo will be made by some outside company and is designed to compete with Progress, which Roscosmos doesn’t want. 

Are Angara and Soyuz from the same developer? Don't they try to have both?

Spoiler

P.S.
3. Another personal argument pro for me:
I was intensively trying to pack a sixpack of Kerbals with a toilet into a capsule of standard KSP diameters.
As it also describes altitudes and fuel amounts, which were an object of interest, too, this article is obviously a response of reality on my efforts.
(The landing shield, too. I was thinking about it.)
So, you may construct your own reality, with Starship and auxilliary personnel, but in mine it's nice.

Edited by kerbiloid

1 minute ago, kerbiloid said:

Are Angara and Soyuz from the same developer? Don't they try to have both?

Angara is a replacement for Proton, made by the manufacturer of Proton. It won’t compete with Soyuz-2 or Soyuz-7, which are medium rockets.

4 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

Angara is a replacement for Proton, made by the manufacturer of Proton. It won’t compete with Soyuz-2 or Soyuz-7, which are medium rockets.

Soyuz-5 is Proton-class, like the light Angara. And the future of heavy Angara is unclear.

Upd.
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Иртыш_(ракета-носитель)#Критика

The Argo chief developer isn't happy with Soyuz-5. And Soyuz-5 future gets unclear.

Edited by kerbiloid

Just now, kerbiloid said:

Soyuz-5 is Proton-class, like the light Angara. And the future of heavy Angara is unclear.

They are all Roscosmos rockets, so it doesn’t really matter if they compete with each other or not.

Argo, on the other hand, is a competition from outside, which is bad for Roscosmos.

6 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

They are all Roscosmos rockets, so it doesn’t really matter if they compete with each other or not.

Argo, on the other hand, is a competition from outside, which is bad for Roscosmos.

Depends on the "outside" degree. And on changes in Roscosmos, if any. Like it always was in the USSR with at least 3 space manufacturers at once.

Maybe the composites plant is the key thing. Aviation needs a lot of.

Edited by kerbiloid

5 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Depends on the "outside" degree. And on changes in Roscosmos, if any. Like it always was in the USSR with at least 3 space manufacturers at once.

Maybe the composites plant is the key thing. Aviation needs a lot of.

Roscosmos is a state corporation, not a state agency, which means that it has financial interest in not letting other organizations take their part of space launch market.

1 hour ago, Wjolcz said:

Why didn't they leave FEDOR up there for longer?

It's a cosmonaut-sized payload, and I'm not sure if they had any other Soyuz seats to spare in the near future.

2 hours ago, Wjolcz said:

Why not indefinitely then?

Because he completed all of his tasks. There's nothing else for him to do up there. Next Skybot version that's going to fly to ISS will be different and upgraded with a second set of arms and radiation shielding to work outside the station.