Language changes - what?

Welcome to the forums.

You only get one language downloaded at a time from steam. So if your game is in chinese, that's because that is what steam installed.

So the only possible fix is to get steam to download the correct language -- which is usually a matter of clicking exactly the correct buttons in the steam client window.

There is a question of whether you have steam betas turned on -- the 1.3.1 prerelease beta is active right now, and that may be affecting what downloads you are getting. There is also the possibility that KSP (with the correct language) is downloading into a directory that you are not expecting.

I assume that you are using the steam client? It is possible to get and use a commandline app called "Steamcmd" that gives you full control over what gets downloaded (it also has fewer bugs than the steam client). Using steamcmd depends a little on your OS. If you want more info about steamcmd, please say so.

21 hours ago, bewing said:

Welcome to the forums.

You only get one language downloaded at a time from steam. So if your game is in chinese, that's because that is what steam installed.

So the only possible fix is to get steam to download the correct language -- which is usually a matter of clicking exactly the correct buttons in the steam client window.

There is a question of whether you have steam betas turned on -- the 1.3.1 prerelease beta is active right now, and that may be affecting what downloads you are getting. There is also the possibility that KSP (with the correct language) is downloading into a directory that you are not expecting.

I assume that you are using the steam client? It is possible to get and use a commandline app called "Steamcmd" that gives you full control over what gets downloaded (it also has fewer bugs than the steam client). Using steamcmd depends a little on your OS. If you want more info about steamcmd, please say so.

I tried to. Steam seems to refuse to use english and now i don't even get chinese, i just get #autoLOC_*insertrandomnumberhere* in place of all the text.

21 minutes ago, ZodiacRelic35 said:

I tried to. Steam seems to refuse to use english and now i don't even get chinese, i just get #autoLOC_*insertrandomnumberhere* in place of all the text.

Have you done a file verification?

1 hour ago, ZodiacRelic35 said:

I checked the languages in the config files and so on, yeah.

No, I meant in the Steam Console: Library/right click on KSP/Properties/Files/Perform File Verification

Doing that should fix a corrupted download.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.