Minmus shuttle mission

mrhexed

The minmus shuttle mission/challenge is where you need to build a space shuttle capable of landing on minmus and returning. I've already done this, so I'm going to challenge you guys to it as well.

CairoJack, If you're Reading this, This is proven to be possible. Hard mode: Go to laythe using a shuttle. Scott manley mode: Go to eeloo using a space shuttle. This shuttle has to be strapped on the side of a rocket and at least 15 tonnes. all the parts must be stock and with a middle booster separating th the SRB's

Edited by mrhexed

3 minutes ago, mrhexed said:

The minmus shuttle mission/challenge is where you need to build a space shuttle capable of landing on minmus and returning. I've already done this, so I'm going to challenge you guys to it as well.

CairoJack, If you're Reading this, This is proven to be possible

Not to rain on your parade, but you may want to be a touch more specific. It would take very little to satisfy this challenge and you have no judging metric.

Just now, sevenperforce said:

Read it -- won't bother. It's just tedious unless there is some kind of competition associated with it.

your shuttle was launched on top of a rocket, and it certainly wasn't 15 tonnes. you need the shuttle on the side of the rocket, and for it to weigh 15 tonnes or more

21 minutes ago, mrhexed said:

your shuttle was launched on top of a rocket, and it certainly wasn't 15 tonnes. you need the shuttle on the side of the rocket, and for it to weigh 15 tonnes or more

Those rules were added after I submitted my entry! :sticktongue:

From someone who has learned this the hard way: if you want people to enter your challenge, you should provide a competitive aspect to it. Like, "Build a side-slung-vertically-launched, horizontally-landed shuttle capable of delivering 15 tonnes of payload to the surface of Minmus and returning to KSC; lowest liftoff mass wins." That gives people something to optimize against and allows us to test our designs against each other.

11 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Those rules were added after I submitted my entry! :sticktongue:

From someone who has learned this the hard way: if you want people to enter your challenge, you should provide a competitive aspect to it. Like, "Build a side-slung-vertically-launched, horizontally-landed shuttle capable of delivering 15 tonnes of payload to the surface of Minmus and returning to KSC; lowest liftoff mass wins." That gives people something to optimize against and allows us to test our designs against each other.

Thanks :D! please don't hate this. I'm making it more challenging by you submitting your ideas! Thanks!

13 minutes ago, invision said:

easy peasy

ghetto shuttle

FC831724C4E9003927E09929E0AB5BC5B80D64F4

45FB0D15B58A1D67ECE32B189C8F7DC5F168CEB9

935A1C29D49F355A069CA4483DB3E2614C8D9272

CF5485C5DBBF7C44A3D0B251DBAA9BB220D37B5A

2F7169ED9D2EFF39F237ED7A67E6439C177F9847

C65DEE5AECD6BA8D3BFBA13F8665766215C7F9A8

806642B1959F935D7F9563D9FE3EB09E547FAE41

51E1C76EC3B8992F9226FFB0187FDB6312D61C9A

FDF53DCB33B2997324A09C985DF698A83D974F71

4B28E61B928521F565603496A0931A4934FDB3CE

I forgot to note: no mods and the middle booster must be 15 tonnes. Visual mods allowed. Ty for the reminders XD edit: ok, you pass- More than pass: I mixed up the middle booster for the shuttle weight-- and you did it in career mode- you're scott manley- you have to be

Edited by mrhexed

On 9/11/2017 at 7:47 PM, invision said:

i showed in a pic the shuttle is 20 tons on its own, never said no mods, only mod anyways is the thrusters and nose cone.

On 9/20/2017 at 1:04 PM, RedPandaz said:

Shuttle parts are mk 2.5 mod tho

18 hours ago, mrhexed said:

point taken, Although no visible advantage.

"only mod anyways is the thrusters and nose cone." Huh

1 minute ago, RedPandaz said:

I know, it's more an honesty thing. You said only mod when it wasn't

that shuttle was made months ago i quickly opened it and used it, at a quick glance thats the mods that stuck out to me.its not being dishonest just over looked.

next time OP will post the full rules to avoid these posts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.