Explore Contracts

Is it only possible to have one explore contract open at a time? I have completed the Mun and Minmus explore contracts and have gone on to duna but I now have to rendezvous 2 vessels in orbit of Duna. I now have no less than 10 vehicles either landed on or orbiting Duna and Ike but no sign of an eve contract, is this usual? If so is there a mod that allows me to get around this and visit some other planets?

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, the system only generates one Explore contract at a time. It is technically possible to "save scum" the Explore contracts, if you really want a contract. By the time you get to Duna (especially with 10 vehicles!), you should probably be rolling in funds, though -- you probably shouldn't need contracts to go wandering off to new locations.

Thanks

It wasn't really a need for cash but more to have a purpose for going there, I also don't quite have the funds you might expect as quite a large amount has been wasted getting 100% coverage in the Kerbin and Duna systems along with some larger relays orbiting the sun between Duna and Dres. Going overkill and making a 65tonne base with rovers and returnable probes took a fair amount of funds to actually land on Duna

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2017 at 10:34 AM, maninthemunn said:

Thanks

It wasn't really a need for cash but more to have a purpose for going there, I also don't quite have the funds you might expect as quite a large amount has been wasted getting 100% coverage in the Kerbin and Duna systems along with some larger relays orbiting the sun between Duna and Dres. Going overkill and making a 65tonne base with rovers and returnable probes took a fair amount of funds to actually land on Duna

Same here,  I'm always skint mid game, wondering if sending probes to places might trigger contracts??    I seem to remember that kind of pattern before.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.