The Kurburgring Lap

He_162

2 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Thing is the Juno's have a spool up/down time which will afect the thrust your thrust if you shut the engines off

I recommend you use @Azimech's boost flap kraken tech to block the thrust from the juno's when you don't want thrust from them .... basically put 2 elevons on opposite sides of the junos and turn off the control inputs in the right click menu (yaw, pitch and roll) then set the 'deploy' to an action group (set the deploy directions up so that both elevons deploy towards each other so as to block the thrust)

You will still see the smoke trail but you car won't get any thrust if the elevons are deployed

Good idea, I remember making a kOs script to automate my boost flap for the Dakar Challenge earlier this year.  The problem is my engines are usually very close together in a horizontal line, so putting the flaps in the pixel-perfect spot may be a bit of a task.  :)

Edited by Slam_Jones

1 minute ago, Slam_Jones said:

Good idea, I remember making a kOs script to automate my boost flap for the Dakar Challenge earlier this year.  The problem is my engines are usually very close together in a horizontal line, so putting the flaps in the pixel-perfect spot may be a bit of a task.  :)

Take a look at my F1 .... check how I put the flaps on, may help give you some ideas on how to set your flaps up

https://kerbalx.com/DoctorDavinci/CANUKWurks-F-1

48 minutes ago, Slam_Jones said:

Here's my installation guide.

https://imgur.com/a/qh6av

9 minutes ago, prgmTrouble said:

Awesome! Could you post a link to it?

I'd be happy to :)  Assuming I can take care of the points listed below, I should have it up by this weekend :)

It would technically be the first program I've made and distributed, so I'll do my due diligence and make sure I'm not violating any EULAs or anything (as well as making sure it works on other versions of Windows, etc :wink: )

Other than that, just needs some quality-of-life work, an editable exception list (so it doesn't count things that are not parts or links as parts or links), and a bit of documentation for the end-users, and then I'll be happy to put it out there for public use :D

Although if I do my research and find out I'm not violating anything and can distribute it as freeware, I might even put up my current (very rough, but functional) version.

Edited by Slam_Jones

1 minute ago, Slam_Jones said:

I'd be happy to :)  Assuming I can take care of the points listed below, I should have it up by this weekend :)

It would technically be the first program I've distributed, so I'll do my due diligence and make sure I'm not violating any EULAs or anything (as well as making sure it works on other versions of Windows, etc :wink: )

Other than that, just needs some quality-of-life work, an editable exception list (so it doesn't count things that are not parts or links as parts or links), and a bit of documentation for the end-users, and then I'll be happy to put it out there for public use :D

Although if I do my research and find out I'm not violating anything and can distribute it as freeware, I might even put up my current (very rough, but functional) version.

Awesome! Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Slam_Jones said:

It would technically be the first program I've made and distributed, so I'll do my due diligence and make sure I'm not violating any EULAs or anything (as well as making sure it works on other versions of Windows, etc :wink: )

Be sure to take a look at the add-on posting rules for the forum ... it's fairly straight forward :wink:

Finally got a lap time down. 56 seconds. Make it 57 if you choose not to believe it got past the finish line before the number flipped over (I took the screenshot a smidge too early).

R3kXbuC.jpg

Spoiler

zPHS1tt.jpg

pzTBm9g.jpg

I apparently missed the screenshot as I went around the Astronaut Complex. The reason I'm off a little to the right of the original path is because I had to bow out a bit to avoid clipping the right side of my car on the R&D building as I made the hairpin turn immediately after. I did fully reach the concrete path at the previous turn.  My path kind of looked like an Z. Might make a picture in paint as it might show better.

wbIuXmr.jpg

MaY7vT8.jpg

p9l3HlY.jpg

Once again apparently missing some screenshots from going around the outside of the R&D buildings. I hope the fact that my car would by ruined by any attempt to make a shortcut over the non-KSC terrain is enough to convince you I didn't do that! :P

Actually while going around the R&D, I had a time when I didn't turn left quite enough and I ended up starting to go down the slant at the side of the terrain.  Knowing my car would be wrecked if it hit the ground bottom of the slant, I pulled an aggressive left.  This worked in that it brought the car back on-track, but as the nose came back on top, it was sticking up in the air a bit. As I headed on, the thing stayed slightly nose up for a few seconds and I for a moment I thought it was going to go full 99' Mercedes Benz CLR on me. Luckily after waggling a bit the nose slowly came back down, and I continued on.

i0w3mpy.jpg

Fhz7qMA.jpg

LeiIVf4.jpg

c6o99g0.jpg

dDH3sf5.jpg

I really wanted to do this as a video, but the lag spikes that OBS produced kept leading to wrecks, and using Better Timewarp to slow down time to compensate felt cheaty, as it gave me more time to react even if there wasn't a huge lag spike, not to mention it killed the feeling of zipping around at 100+mph

9 hours ago, Mukita12 said:

F1 Car Allowed right?

I'll allow it if it has no mods, colored parts, and follows the rules strictly, while adding some of your own aesthetic to the design, I don't want everyone making a series of F1 cars and calling it good.

1 hour ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Finally got a lap time down. 56 seconds. Make it 57 if you choose not to believe it got past the finish line before the number flipped over (I took the screenshot a smidge too early).

Reveal hidden contents

zPHS1tt.jpg

pzTBm9g.jpg

I apparently missed the screenshot as I went around the Astronaut Complex. The reason I'm off a little to the right of the original path is because I had to bow out a bit to avoid clipping the right side of my car on the R&D building as I made the hairpin turn immediately after. I did fully reach the concrete path at the previous turn.  My path kind of looked like an Z. Might make a picture in paint as it might show better.

wbIuXmr.jpg

MaY7vT8.jpg

p9l3HlY.jpg

Once again apparently missing some screenshots from going around the outside of the R&D buildings. I hope the fact that my car would by ruined by any attempt to make a shortcut over the non-KSC terrain is enough to convince you I didn't do that! :P

Actually while going around the R&D, I had a time when I didn't turn left quite enough and I ended up starting to go down the slant at the side of the terrain.  Knowing my car would be wrecked if it hit the ground bottom of the slant, I pulled an aggressive left.  This worked in that it brought the car back on-track, but as the nose came back on top, it was sticking up in the air a bit. As I headed on, the thing stayed slightly nose up for a few seconds and I for a moment I thought it was going to go full 99' Mercedes Benz CLR on me. Luckily after waggling a bit the nose slowly came back down, and I continued on.

i0w3mpy.jpg

Fhz7qMA.jpg

LeiIVf4.jpg

c6o99g0.jpg

I really wanted to do this as a video, but the lag spikes that OBS produced kept leading to wrecks, and using Better Timewarp to slow down time to compensate felt cheaty, as it gave me more time to react even if there wasn't a huge lag spike, not to mention it killed the feeling of zipping around at 100+mph

I prefer pictures over videos with cut out frames, and other such things, Thanks for the entry, I'll submit it when I have time!

Okay got my craft uploaded to KerbalX: https://kerbalx.com/Slam_Jones/R-3-Pantera

It is mostly wing parts (>=90%ish) and uses TweakScale and @DoctorDavincis paint mod (btw where do I get those sweet wheel textures you recently made??)  It is Powered by 6 Junos and equipped with boost flap technology for deceleration purposes.

My current lap times are pretty poor, so if anyone wants to take a look at the craft and give some advice on wheel tuning, that would be greatly appreciated :)

Ive also got my parser program ready to go, but I may need a little more advice how to distribute it properly (namely where do I post the source code?)

1 hour ago, Slam_Jones said:

It is mostly wing parts (>=90%ish) and uses TweakScale and @DoctorDavincis paint mod (btw where do I get those sweet wheel textures you recently made?

Download the latest version of DCK here

Open DCK Paintshop and you will see 4 buttons - DCK Next, DCK Previous, Next Tire and Armor

My first (serious) Kurburgring entry.
-No F12 menu.
-Only stock game parts.
-Only the TR-2L used as a wheel
-The track followed, no short cuts.
-Video’d.
-Car is 60% aerodynamic parts.
-6x Juno engines used, all of them used for forward only propulsion.
-0x SAS devices. 
-Has room for a Kerbal.
-Time: 46.746 seconds

Tips:
- Back lights up when DRS is disabled.
- Don’t turn too hard, it is still unstable despite all the work I put into it.
- Use SAS for more stability via aerodynamic surfaces.

Craft download here for close inspection. 

Hope you like it!

Edited by prgmTrouble

Heh! My 56 second lap time didn't last very long! Nice car and driving @prgmTrouble!

Currently working on a performance upgrade to my car. Less frame weight and more engine.  Gonna take work to get 10 seconds off my time though. Might require a new car

This is the version of the car I used for my previous entry. Forgot to upload it when I did the race.

12 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Heh! My 56 second lap time didn't last very long! Nice car and driving @prgmTrouble!

Currently working on a performance upgrade to my car. Less frame weight and more engine.  Gonna take work to get 10 seconds off my time though. Might require a new car

This is the version of the car I used for my previous entry. Forgot to upload it when I did the race.

I've added you into the laptimes, I'll be working from the 7th page backwards to add all of the submissions given into respective categories, and I may even bump them to the next category up if they made the car before the new rules, or other such issues, but only if they don't have a dominating lap time that is unbeatable or something.

15 hours ago, prgmTrouble said:

snip

I got you in, just need to save it.

On 9/20/2017 at 12:28 AM, Colonel Cbplayer said:

Because my last post was not good enough for Azimech I redid the entire thing, rebuilt the car, and did the lap time again with a new time.

https://streamable.com/c19fb

No reaction wheels

Only 12 Juno engines

Ingame time from engine start (0:26) to finish (1:43)

Lap time 1:17

I can lower the lap time because I spun out a few times but I have been attempting for an hour now and I am happy with that time. 

I need a KerbalX link for the car for the time to be posted on the OP

On 9/17/2017 at 7:11 PM, Deathpuff12 said:

With these cars being disqualified, I guess this won't fit into the regular category :(

ezT6EBo.jpg

(Still working on it)

Let me know when you are done, I like the idea, but the body will need more of a "wing" design to be submitted, but it looks great dude!

That's all the times I have time to submit, thanks for the entries guys, I'll work on my Helium racer this weekend to get a good time.

Finally finished with the G-Force 2.0 and G-Force 2.0 LM.

8jhtnfp.jpg%C2%A0

qZSA3zg.jpg%20%20

The LM version managed to run around the kurburgring in 0:56 but I'll need to do some editing before I can show the video.

You can find both crafts here.

https://kerbalx.com/LABenterprises/LAB-G-Force-20

https://kerbalx.com/LABenterprises/LAB-G-Force-20-LM

29 minutes ago, LABenterprises said:

Finally finished with the G-Force 2.0 and G-Force 2.0 LM.

8jhtnfp.jpg%C2%A0

qZSA3zg.jpg%20%20

The LM version managed to run around the kurburgring in 0:56 but I'll need to do some editing before I can show the video.

You can find both crafts here.

https://kerbalx.com/LABenterprises/LAB-G-Force-20

https://kerbalx.com/LABenterprises/LAB-G-Force-20-LM

Wonderful craft! I'll add them as soon as possible, but I need the video, not that I don't believe you! :)

31 minutes ago, LABenterprises said:

You can watch the G-Force LM's lap here. 

file:///C:/Users/lukea/Desktop/KSP%201.3.0/KSP%201.3.0%202/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%209_24_2017%204_12_52%20PM%20-%20Copy%20(online-video-cutter.com).mp4

Not exactly a watchable link

2 minutes ago, He_162 said:

You can watch the G-Force LM's lap here. 

file:///C:/Users/lukea/Desktop/KSP%201.3.0/KSP%201.3.0%202/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%209_24_2017%204_12_52%20PM%20-%20Copy%20(online-video-cutter.com).mp4

Needs to be uploaded to YouTube or similar. You could possibly use Google Drive, but I am not certain.

Edited by prgmTrouble

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.