Any way to increase contract deadlines?

Title says it all. I have OPM installed, and contracts (both stock and modded btw) are popping up with deadlines that make sense for a stock system, but not for the outer planets as they are too far away and reaching them takes forever.

My idea was I could change the date in the persistent file, so I went there and found the contracts section, but none of the values in there looks like a number that could be somehow "translated" to a date as I see it in the contract specification in-game.

Any ideas or suggestion?

I do not know of any OPM contract pack for Contract Configurator, though there have been inquiries from people who wanted to write one.  That would be the best overall solution, but it not existing degrades the value a bit.

Lacking that, if you find contracts.cfg in \GameData\Squad\Contracts, you can seek out the DeadlineDays value and change it for each contract class that has it.  Back up the file first.  426 days is one year, 2130 days is five years, and 2982 days is seven years.  You can probably leave the 426-day deadlines as they are, but change the others by whatever multiplier you see fit to use.  Perhaps ModuleManager can patch it instead of you changing the file directly, but if so, it's beyond my meagre skills.

Addition:  If you're interested, CactEye Optics has a Contract Configurator-enabled contract pack as part of the download, and that pack includes a configuration for OPM.  Because CactEye uses Kerbin-orbiting telescopes, the deadlines are all set to be between 3 and 7 years, but the values are easy to change.  You can probably gut the telescope contracts and reuse the basic framework if you like; this would let you build contracts that give you ten years to get to Sarnus and one hundred years to get to Plock, for example.

Edited by Zhetaan

Contracts have a method SetDeadlineYears that takes a number of years and a celestial body for arguments. It then sets the deadline to an appropriately scaled value for the relevant body. E.g. SetDeadlineYears(0.5, Mun) will result in a much smaller value than setDeadlineYears(0.5, Eeloo).

If this isn't working properly for OPM I guess there are three possibilities

1. The OPM mod doesn't correctly set multipliers for its bodies 
  2. The Galileo mod doesn't allow you to set multipliers for added bodies, but it could do
  3. The squad code in Contract isn't flexible enough to properly support contracts for additional bodies

• 1 month later...

A bit late to this, but the whole POINT of OPM, I think, is to force you to use non-Hohmann transfers, just as NASA did with New Horizons mission to Pluto.

I just visited Plock and landed, in 6 years.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.