[1.3.x - 1.7.x] Skyer's Weapon Pack V0.7 "Bltiz" II

What kind of weapons next?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. By Country

• Expand on German weapons (Not recommended, there are prolly already alot now)
    • Russian Weapons
    • American Weapons
    • Expand on Japanese Weapons
    • Italian Weapons
    • British Weapons
  2. 2. By type

• Tank Turrets
    • More MG Turrets in general
    • Artillery Cannons
  3. 3. By Era

• WWII Arms
    • Modern Arms

Question After I add the GSH-6-23 and GSH-6-30, How many of you are going to try make 4 GSH-6-23's on a fighter and fire for longer than 10 seconds at an enemy fighter from 5km away
I will repeat this if I won't forget, when i add them ;) And word it a bit better :D

(hint hint the GSH-6-23 fires 10000 rounds per minte, that's 144 rounds per second, and you're supposed to have 4 of these ;))

M39, BK-27, ADEN, GSH-30-2K, GSH-30-2, GSH-301, GSH-23, GSH-6-23 (from the left)

NdYI5un.png

It surprises me how small the GSH-6-23 is for being a 6 barrel rotary autocannon, not all that much bigger than the GSH-23

GSH-6-30 and DEFA won't be here for now

Edited by Skyer

Just now, XOC2008 said:

That gsh-30-2 is gonna look real nice in a frogfoot. :)

For sure :) (Note GSH-30-2 is used by Su-25 and GSH-30-2K is used by the Mi-24P)

Now doing some basic CFG's and then going to ship them off do @Murican_Jeb to make the CFG's proper and release it :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, it's been quite a long time since I made a terrible post of giving you guys hope, anyways today, and yes, today, I'll work on the cfgs.

Sorry for the long wait :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Avedis said:

I was wondering perhaps such particular machine guns like the Colt Mk 12 cannon and M39 can be added in the future for jets?

M39 cannon 20mm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M39_cannon

Colt Mk 12 Cannon 20mm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Mk_12_cannon

The M39 should be in the recent update, if Jeb hasn't failed moving it  ^^

11 hours ago, xiones11 said:

Weapons look sooooo hot.

Could you add maybe the FAB series of bombs? Love your russian weps

Possibly :)

On 7/17/2018 at 10:20 AM, Skyer said:

It surprises me how small the GSH-6-23 is for being a 6 barrel rotary autocannon, not all that much bigger than the GSH-23

Cuz russians and gas operated rotary guns. Most of the western multibarrels are externally powered. Russians use gas impingement from the cartridge or priming cartridges. Makes the gun smaller and lighter and faster spooling but also... explosive sometimes. 

Just as an FYI, bullet velocity is covered in a bullettype definition, not in the weapon cfg.

And the weapons not showing up isn't a bug, it's intended behavior. The BDAc team wanted to filter out NON BDAc parts from the BDAc category in the editor. You should probably edit the cfgs so that they show up in Utility and give them your own manufacturer until you can make your own custom category for the weapons. I am certain any of the guys on the team would be happy to help you figure out how to do a custom category for Skyer's weapons.

With your weapons showing up in the BDAc category, people may get confused and start asking questions of the BDAc team about weapons that aren't theirs.

Edited by XOC2008

@XOC2008 Bullet type thing in the weapons was left over from older versions, I thought it would have mattered because some stuff is still there for backwards compatibility, but it looks like it isn't so I'll fix that later.

Regarding categories, that's a good point you made, and I've also messaged spanner about it so hopefully soon I can make a custom category for the weapons. For now I'll leave a disclaimer.

9 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Regarding categories, that's a good point you made, and I've also messaged spanner about it so hopefully soon I can make a custom category for the weapons. For now I'll leave a disclaimer.

If you want an editor category you can find the code here: 

Please do not put your weapons into the BDAc category as the purpose of changing the editor category code is so that BDAc has its own category and other mods will stop piggybacking off of BDAc

Make your own editor category or use a stock one ... the BDAc category is for BDAc parts, not other mod parts

Edited by DoctorDavinci

12 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

@DoctorDavinci As soon as my game finished loading, I saw this post. Thanks a lot! :D 

I just found out that you guys were already given the code and a detailed explanation on what has to be done to have your own category, you know by whom

If I would have known this before I posted my response I wouldn't have bothered posting since you already have everything you need

So my question is why have you piggybacked off our category when you have everything you need to make your own?

4 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

So my question is why have you piggybacked off our category when you have everything you need to make your own?

Maybe it's because I never made a category and since I never made one it takes time to learn? Maybe it could also be the fact that I don't always have time to do everything?

2 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Maybe it's because I never made a category and since I never made one it takes time to learn? Maybe it could also be the fact that I don't always have time to do everything?

I think Doc's point was, if you didn't know how to make your own, why did you use BDAc's instead of just putting it into a stock category till you figured it out? I mean, the update where they filtered out everything except BDA specific parts from the category made it pretty clear they were doing this, with the specific intention of leaving that category uncluttered. (And you knew it did this, because you changed the manufacturer so that the parts would show up in the BDA category, so you can't honestly say you didn't know.) You were also offered assistance in creating your own custom category BEFORE you noticed that they had gone missing due to the most recent update, so there's also that.

I know the BDAc devs are happy to see that BDA has, and continues to inspire all these mods that utilize what Baha built and what the Team continues to build upon. I am not slighting the work you and Skyer have done here. I'm anxious to strap that gsh-30-2 on my Versus Frogfoot. Once there's an update with everything where it should be.

17 hours ago, xiones11 said:

Getting resource errors on the new guns for some reason? Old ones from your pack work fine. New stuff isnt feeding.

Pretty sure that most of the new stuff is using stock BDA ammo which can be accessed with the universal ammo box or the 20mm, 30mm, and 50 cal boxes.

Just checked the CFG files. Ammo source for GSH-23 series was listed as 23x115mmBullet and also the bullet files for the 30mm, not the ammo source. the ADEN and BK-27 were using proper ammo sources while GSH series was using bullet names as an ammo source. There is no way this would have not thrown an error.