[1.3.x - 1.7.x] Skyer's Weapon Pack V0.7 "Bltiz" II

What kind of weapons next?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. By Country

• Expand on German weapons (Not recommended, there are prolly already alot now)
    • Russian Weapons
    • American Weapons
    • Expand on Japanese Weapons
    • Italian Weapons
    • British Weapons
  2. 2. By type

• Tank Turrets
    • More MG Turrets in general
    • Artillery Cannons
  3. 3. By Era

• WWII Arms
    • Modern Arms

Skyer's Weapon Pack

Weapons for the Fatherland!

and also the motherland and maybe some other foreign weapons shhh

th?id=OIP.czAjbCmPNe-pGOOCOhUdHQFyCo&pid=15.1&P=0&w=373&h=171

History:

Skyer's Weapon Pack was made originally by @Skyer, but now @KSP Bros KS and I were called to help assist him with his mod. Now with your help, we can help Skyer be proud of his amazing project!

Changelog:

Spoiler

- New bomb textures! They look a bit less like candy hopefully. Well, okay, maybe they sort of still do, but you get more flavou- I mean varieties!

- Type 97 fixed and reimplemented

- MG 08/15 fixed

- SchKAS fixed

- Fixed bombs to be actually compatible with BDA 1.2.x.x

- Fixed Browning 1919's overheat rate

- Fixed MG151 Dual Turret from being in the wrong category with the wrong name

- Added Browning 1919 because its about time we have British weapons! :)

- Temporarily moved items to Utility to avoid confusion (Thanks @XOC2008 and @DoctorDavinci for pointing that out)

- Fixed revolver cannons so they feed properly (Thanks @xiones11 for pointing that out)

Time to go modern!

- New modern revolver cannons!

- The BK 5 now has an accurate custom bullet for it's 50mm caliber!

- Type 97 temporarily removed due to issues

- Removed unused resources to decrease size

- Changed manufacture so the weapons show up in the latest version of BDA.

Finally fixed 7mm weapon damage! (About time we did! Sorry!)

- HUGE balance overhual!

• New, custom made, realistic-ish bullets
  • Fixed all Japanese weapons execpt the Type 97

- Guns that still need balancing/fixing:

- BK 5

- Type 97

Note this update requires the BDA test version, not the normal one

- More Balancing except for the following guns:

• M4 T9
  • M10
  • B.K. 3.7
  • B.K. 5

- Major fix for bullets! They should work properly now.

- Changed File Structure.

- Updated Module Manager.

- MIT License added;

- All weapons (With the exception of the MG 151/15) use the new BD universal ammo box;

- All weapons renamed to make them close together in the editor

- An actual update adding japanese weapons (Type 97 and 3 varients of Type 99)

- BK 3.7 and BK 5

- Remembered to put in license

- Added WW1 weapons

- Balanced some stuff

- Fixed some stuff

- Updated to 1.2

- Added German Aviation Turrets and MG 08\15 and MG 213\20\30

- Fixed SchKAS texture and firing position

- Mod added

Requirements:

BDArmory: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases

Module Manager: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50533-130-module-manager-281-june-29th-2017-with-n-cats-physics/

Le/La/Des Downloads:

Download on Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/1007/Skyer's WeaponsParts Pack

Git it on Github: https://github.com/MuricanJeb/Skyers-Weapon-Pack/releases

Latest release on GitHub: https://github.com/MuricanJeb/Skyers-Weapon-Pack/releases/tag/v0.7

This is released under an MIT license.

Known Issues:

None, but there may be some hidden under the rug! Please report any bugs!

Edited by Murican_Jeb
Update

Many Thanks to Murican_Jeb And KS_Bros_KS to help me out when I was Totaly burned out  after the chrismas corruption, sadly I now have school and won't to any weapons in the near future but I will try to help in balancing and other config file things and help to the other two to make stuff as much as can :)

4 hours ago, Skyer said:

Many Thanks to Murican_Jeb And KS_Bros_KS

Your welcome. It was nice to help you. :)

This is probaly the first time I ever helped make a mod in ksp, and I'm glad this chance came. And I don't even need any model knowledge.

So bassicaly, if you really want to make a mod, but you can't, maybe you can collab. Even the smallest change in a cfg will make a difference :)

• 2 weeks later...

Probably wrong scaling, When i added them a few months ago I barely tested them, If you know how scaling in the configs work you can play around with it and see what scaling it should be,
If you do so it would be appreciated if you write what it should be here :)

BDA is going to change how their damage system works pretty soon, so unless enough people want it, there won't be any tries to balance until BDAs new damage system is out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey @Skyer, how come when I fire the guns for 10 seconds or longer they won't fire anymore? The mod itself is amazing as I have been trying to build a Me 262 with a 50mm, but I can't really use it because it stops working so quickly, can you fix this please. Thank you and your mod is absolutely amazing!

Edited by ZW03
Forgot to @ the mod author

4 hours ago, ZW03 said:

Hey @Skyer, how come when I fire the guns for 10 seconds or longer they won't fire anymore? The mod itself is amazing as I have been trying to build a Me 262 with a 50mm, but I can't really use it because it stops working so quickly, can you fix this please. Thank you and your mod is absolutely amazing!

Hi theyr glad that someone likes it :)

They stop firing because they overheat, and i've removed the sound of them overheating which tbh was a bad idea.

There's a lot of things that have to be fixed, if i somehow will force myself to do it.

Cheers

@Murican_Jeb

To help prep for the new damage system you can start checking to see If I have all of your ammo types supported. Here is the new documentation

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.2.2-Bullet-Configuration

Current Full Bullet Listing 

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/blob/feature_armor/BDArmory/Distribution/GameData/BDArmory/BulletDefs/BD_Bullets.cfg

If you have ones to add I will need the caliber, muzzle velocity and mass (now in KG) - these should be the "real world" values for the ammunition

We will have a open beta soon, combined with the new Radar testing - so you can see how the new changes affect damage.

Notes:

* All damage values move from per-weapon to per-ammo

* there will be a per-weapon "bulletDmgMult" to allow for final balancing by you 

Regards,

17 minutes ago, gomker said:

@Murican_Jeb

To help prep for the new damage system you can start checking to see If I have all of your ammo types supported. Here is the new documentation

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki/1.2.2-Bullet-Configuration

Current Full Bullet Listing 

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/blob/feature_armor/BDArmory/Distribution/GameData/BDArmory/BulletDefs/BD_Bullets.cfg

If you have ones to add I will need the caliber, muzzle velocity and mass (now in KG) - these should be the "real world" values for the ammunition

We will have a open beta soon, combined with the new Radar testing - so you can see how the new changes affect damage.

Notes:

* All damage values move from per-weapon to per-ammo

* there will be a per-weapon "bulletDmgMult" to allow for final balancing by you 

Regards,

I don't see the 13.1x64,  15 mm x 96(AP), 20x82RB,  30x90RB, 30x184RB And 30x184 AP,

one that I still would like to use 37x263 (AP and HE) even if its not that important

the 13.1mm is used by the German MG 131

20x82RB (Mineshell btw aka No frag Pure HE shell) is used by the MG FF MG 151/20,

15 mm x 96  MG151/15,

30x90, MK 108

30x184 Mk 103

37x263 BK 3.7 (The gun the stuka's  used as gun pods under the wings) And the HS 129 as a gunpod

But that probably doesn't matter as we will be able to do our own ammo right?

1 minute ago, Skyer said:

But that probably doesn't matter as we will be able to do our own ammo right?

Correct, all you need to do is follow the same format at have all the fields in a config file (YourBullets.cfg somewhere in your mod) and KSP will load the values. A few notes

• use the default "penetration" curve - not in use right now but may find a use later, we may deprecate (being discussed) use the default curve from "def" at top
  • bulletDragArea - a default constant at the moment , we are looking into the drag code now, 1.209675e-5 
  • if "explosive=true" we consider this the HE - and will detonate, this is not controlled per weapon, it is now per-bullet
    • Will use the explosive values of the bullet
  • apBulletMod - To be implemented , will give the bullet additional penetration for armor
  • as long as your names are unique there should be no conflicts and you can maintain your own bullets :)

The new armor system will allow you to add armor to any part via VAB or MM config. 

Let me know if you have any other questions

2 minutes ago, gomker said:

Let me know if you have any other questions

I kinda didn't really understand what's the big difference between BlastPower and BlastHeat

And the Pen curve is: distance in meters; Penetration yeah?

Just now, Skyer said:

I kinda didn't really understand what's the big difference between BlastPower and BlastHeat

And the Pen curve is: distance in meters; Penetration yeah?

• BlastPower - the amount of force applied by the explosive (think pressure wave)
  • BlastHeat - the damage of the explosive ( was the heat applied, we are moving to our own "health" units for better control)

We are looking to move this to one value of KG of TNT.  For bullets the values really start to matter for Tanks, Artillery, Naval shells etc... You will probably end up with nominal values.

RE: Pen Curve - I think I will just kill it now, its adding too much confusion, plus we really have deprecated it, I just need to update the code. Lets just leave that off for now, I will have that done before the beta release.
Penetration is done now via standard Kinetic formulas taking into account the "Armor Thickness"

On 10/22/2017 at 3:55 PM, Skyer said:

Hi theyr glad that someone likes it :)

They stop firing because they overheat, and i've removed the sound of them overheating which tbh was a bad idea.

There's a lot of things that have to be fixed, if i somehow will force myself to do it.

Cheers

Thanks. I just hate it when I can't use them after those ten seconds. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Murican_Jeb Do you know if a new release fixing the overheat glitch has been released? Thanks.

Also, is there a way I can fix it myself? I would love to be able to use these beautifully modeled weapons without that glitch. Again Thanks!

Edited by ZW03
Wanted to add something without making another post

3 hours ago, ZW03 said:

@Murican_Jeb Do you know if a new release fixing the overheat glitch has been released? Thanks.

Also, is there a way I can fix it myself? I would love to be able to use these beautifully modeled weapons without that glitch. Again Thanks!

Yep, along with that we are making the mod compatible with the new BDA beta damage system. Just hang in there buddy :)

Planning to release on Christmas. And no I'm not pulling your leg.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

16 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Yep, along with that we are making the mod compatible with the new BDA beta damage system. Just hang in there buddy :)

Planning to release on Christmas. And no I'm not pulling your leg.

Yes! Thanks man. I can't wait to overhaul my planes!

Due to an unexpected series on unfortunate events, I'll have to post pone the update a bit. Don't worry, it will still be released Soon Except trademark  and copyright stuff is boring so I probably shouldn't put TM here