[KSP 1.12.x] kOS v1.4.0.0: kOS Scriptable Autopilot System

Dunbaratu

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting this error spammed nonstop:

[ERR 16:44:58.240] kOS: kOSVesselModule.CacheControllable called with null parentVessel, contact kOS developers

[ERR 16:44:58.347] kOS: kOSVesselModule.CacheControllable called with null parentVessel, contact kOS developers

[ERR 16:44:58.349] kOS: kOSVesselModule.CacheControllable called with null parentVessel, contact kOS developers

[ERR 16:44:58.468] kOS: kOSVesselModule.CacheControllable called with null parentVessel, contact kOS developers

[ERR 16:44:58.470] kOS: kOSVesselModule.CacheControllable called with null parentVessel, contact kOS developers

[ERR 16:44:58.606] kOS: kOSVesselModule.CacheControllable called with null parentVessel, contact kOS developers

KSP.log

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please explain to me what this is doing?  I know it is setting up an initial pitch maneuver but why the transcendental math?

lock targetPitch to 88.963 - 1.03287 * alt:radar^0.409511.

lock steering to heading(90, targetPitch)

Clearly 90 is east and targetPitch is pitch above the horizon but I don't understand the math and cannot find an explanation (at least not in what appears to be swaheli).  Can someone please break this down as though explaining it to a three year old child?

• 1 month later...

Hello thank you for the mod work!

I'm wondering if anyone knows if one could set the kOS Part-Action-Window section to default to collapsed instead of expanded. I think I have a mod that tweaks stock modules to collapse by default, just curious if this can be added to kOS.

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2023 at 9:41 PM, scimas said:

Action sets support has not been added to kOS. And kOS discussion almost exclusively happens over their discord these days. https://discord.gg/H4TgCHja

Hello @scimas, I guess I waited too long to follow the link you sent. I got an "Invite Invalid" error message today when I tried it.  (Invite Invalid: This invite may be expired, or you might not have permissions to join.)  Could you send another link?

Today's question is:  how do I change terminal font and font size from within the script?  I can see many fonts when I do "list fonts" from the terminal, but I can't figure out how to use any of them. I also see in the kOS documentation on github that I should be able to set Terminal:HEIGHT, but I can't seem to get that working either.

It would be great if I could use the font used by the template to write the first line, with "CPU:   0  -", "KBRD", and "EXIT".  See how much smaller the text is in the printable part of the terminal.
 R7UzXLi.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.