Where is Nibiru today?

Ty Tan Tu

I want to believe. 

Wait, no I don't. What did I miss? Wasn't Nibiru supposed to hit the Earth on Dec 12th, 2012? Or was that some other X-Planet?

I did actually see something rather bright and twinkling in the Houston sky last night, but it turned out to just be Arcturus. Would've been coming from the wrong direction to be Nibiru anyway, assuming Nibiru isn't going to hit Earth with enough force to eject the remaining scrap out of the Solar System retrograde. 

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I'm watching for a Magic Boulder...

I read somewhere that one of the wilder theories of Parallel Universes suggests by me writing Emiko Station, I have, in fact, created my own Emiko universe... somewhere.

If this is true, then I'm holding out for Emiko's Magic Boulder to suddenly appear in my backyard, and have Emiko pop out and say

"OK, come on..."

Right before Nibiru hits... :D

Um, don't forget to come and get me...

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I read somewhere that one of the wilder theories of Parallel Universes suggests by me writing Emiko Station, I have, in fact, created my own Emiko universe... somewhere.

Wait...

Does that mean that the Voyage: The Final Warning universe exists? And in order to make Ethan Edwards and his friends I just changed names and places... So that means I'm in space in a universe far, far away...

Plan Kappa exists... those poor Kerbals...

Project Intrepid? Yeah! Gigantic 1000 person spaceships!

Kuzzter's universe? I'd certainly want to go there!

Wait... If this happens for every story, then this is about to get complicated. Just of the stories I've written, there's a universe where:

• An asteroid hits earth and creates a megatsunami that wipes out basically everything...
  • My high school used to be 15 stories tall but then spirits got in the way...
  • The world successfully redirects a planet killing asteroid...
  • Two scientists discover a substance that can interact with both matter and antimatter without it exploding and semi-accidentally make a bomb that destroys Earth but there's a kid with a time machine that saves the world and another kid who escapes a video game he's trapped in but there's this guy that's going to nuke the world so they steal the time machine to stop everything and then a weird country called Liki Liki nukes the world anyways but three kids from the US and Liki Liki make a spray that can reduce radioactivity and sort of save the world.
  • Pieces of paper are sentient
  • The universe was made by a guy out in the desert with a bunch of rocks to encode atoms in binary (yes, I stole that from XKCD).
  • There was a steampunk space race using Solid Fuel between Britain and the US.
  • The universe suddenly got 1000x smaller and if you touch a celestial body it shrinks, leading to cities being built on giant metal plates and the solar system eventually dying (I never finished that one, I barely started).
  • A universe that is nothing other than the word TACOS over and over again...

I'm pretty sure that our universe isn't a story, however. If it is, it would be a pretty bad one.

The world accomplishes something... the world goes to war... future plans are cancelled... repeat.

On 9/18/2017 at 7:12 PM, cubinator said:

It should be visible near Saturn in the evening sky as a very bright planet if it approaches from behind Earth. I looked in that direction yesterday without seeing anything out of the ordinary, so be sure to let me know if you see anything that looks like a new planet!

Maybe it's a stealth planet. 

As you wish, @Vanamonde ...

According to Rob Sanders, a guy who wrote a mod for Celestia for Nibiru based on all data he could collect via various online sources...

# -------------------------------------------------
# ROB SANDERS PRODUCTION 2008
# Copyright Rob Sanders 2008
# http://members.chello.nl/r.sanders20/productions/
# Planet X - Nibiru Data version 1
# Released 11-07-2008 06:13:00
# by Rob Sanders, [email protected]
# -------------------------------------------------

From Rob's Planet-X .ssc file we have the following data to work with...

EllipticalOrbit
    {
    Period           3600
    SemiMajorAxis     236
    Eccentricity      0.9917
    Inclination       -145
    AscendingNode   194.5
    ArgOfPericenter 270
        MeanAnomaly    150
    Epoch    374680.0
    Albedo    0.9
}

That should answer some of the questions the OP had. If there are additional questions about what all that stuff is, see the Celestia documentation.

As for Nibiru's actual location at this very moment, one could, if one wished to, download the free version of Celestia and the free mod of Rob's from the Motherload, install them and then run Celestia... the mod even has a cell link to take you there. You'll have that question answered "real-time". In fact, I just might, for ha ha's, fire my install up and watch the end as it happens - not. :wink:

*Looks under desk*

Its not here ... ?

Unrelated to Nibiru, but a planet responsible for Mercury's wobbling was postulated in 19th century, was even "observed" by renowned astronomers of the time and dubbed ... Vulcan (Hi Leonard Nimoy ;-))

It "existed" until it fell victim to GR ...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/11/151104-newton-einstein-gravity-vulcan-planets-mercury-astronomy-theory-of-relativity-ngbooktalk/

Was base for nice stories like a planet opposite in earths orbit, always hidden behind the sun, populated by dinos. Ignoring earth's orbit isn't circular and light is bend around the sun ;-)

Edited by Green Baron

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.