KSP Devs on Kurt J Mac's FLoBathon

Pingonaut

Kurt is officially a member of the test group, the dev team may allow him to record and upload footage from experimental versions. Would be cool, but probably won't happen :/

Not sure where you heard that, but as far as I know testers can't talk about it, let alone make videos of it.

Also, if anyone knows things I missed please tell me so I can add it!

Edited by Pingonaut

Not sure where you heard that, but as far as I know testers can't talk about it, let alone make videos of it.

It was discussed somtime after the Kurt J Kerman idea, the team asked HarvestR, and he said it depends on the content he would show. Like how close it is to the final version, will the showed feature get actually implemented in that version, whether it's a secret feature or not, etc.

Edited by Mr. Fusion

Kurt is officially a member of the test group, the dev team may allow him to record and upload footage from experimental versions. Would be cool, but probably won't happen :/

Kurt makes great videos and does good stuff for charity, but he is one of the worst KSP players I've seen. I wouldn't want him to release the spoilers.

Kurt makes great videos and does good stuff for charity, but he is one of the worst KSP players I've seen. I wouldn't want him to release the spoilers.

I don't see how he's bad at it, but he's a good video maker of KSP.

The image of Eve looks rather off what with the lack of atmospheric haze - I'm just going to assume that bit hasn't yet been implemented in the current Dev version.

I also find the neon purple colour rather disagreeable; it seems to me that a more washed-out colour would better suit the planet.

Although I'm sure I'm the only one that thinks this.

Right?

The image of Eve looks rather off what with the lack of atmospheric haze - I'm just going to assume that bit hasn't yet been implemented in the current Dev version.

I also find the neon purple colour rather disagreeable; it seems to me that a more washed-out colour would better suit the planet.

Although I'm sure I'm the only one that thinks this.

Right?

They said they need to code clouds still, so planets may look much different when that comes out.

I hope some sort of oxygen or supply system will be implemented later on, at least something in campaign mode that would give you a reason to not ignore your moon/ other world bases and space stations.

They did say there is a mod if you want that, though.

I didn't think they would stick around that long in the stream. Well, back to watching the stream then I guess. :D

There is? :o

It's called Zoxygen, not sure if it's updated to the current version of KSP but check it out. :)

Just heard on the stream that the bright neon-green gas planet's colour will be toned down a bit and that the colours in general will be changed up a bit.

I'm in favour of this.

Yeah, the Jupiter analog may be a yellow-green with blue spots, "barf color"

Re: Oxygen and other consumables (besides fuel)

Easiest way, without burdening players, would be to just add a generic cargo hold. Doesn't need to be big, just in-scale with the rocketparts. Done. Now you're generating oxygen for extended periods of travel. Remember we're also getting a warp-drive (if all goes according to plan), so a replicator/oxygen generator doesn't seem too silly.

Y'know. My two cents.

Too bad I didn't notice this thread earlier. Would have been interesting. Minecraft and KSP, in perfect harmony, providing information and entertainment.

Phone internet for video stream : Bad plan..

will there be a complete transcript in the end ? all i'm getting is the wild comments on the right xD

When you go to his twitch channel (after the livestream is over) you can re-watch the video.

Re: Oxygen and other consumables (besides fuel)

Easiest way, without burdening players, would be to just add a generic cargo hold. Doesn't need to be big, just in-scale with the rocketparts. Done. Now you're generating oxygen for extended periods of travel. Remember we're also getting a warp-drive (if all goes according to plan), so a replicator/oxygen generator doesn't seem too silly.

Y'know. My two cents.

Too bad I didn't notice this thread earlier. Would have been interesting. Minecraft and KSP, in perfect harmony, providing information and entertainment.

They could add a difficulty option, and one would include oxygen and food.

Just wanted to pipe in here real quick to let Squad know how much I appreciated them participating in the live stream, as well as Kurtjmac for approaching them as guests! It was fun, even when the chat didn't work out quite as planned ;). Quite Kerbal, you know?

And I loved the 3d glasses on the Kerman!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.