Eclipse in KSP

moonsparkejo

I think what these ^^^ people mean to say is, 'Congratulations on discovering one of the game's many scenic and interesting features, moonsparkejo! Others may have already seen this, but we're still glad to share your excitement about the game, and welcome to the forum. :D ' I'm paraphrasing. 

Meanwhile, there is a thread in which you can share your screenshots, here.

56 minutes ago, Aegolius13 said:

How often is that?  Like, every now and then?

Considering that the Mun is in an exact equatorial orbit, and Kerbin is on an exact equatorial orbit of Kerbol, I believe it happens every month*, as long as you are on the equator (such as at KSC).  

*Or thereabouts.

Total while pushing myself home:

ddfscreenshot4.png

Partial while refueling:

screenshot161.png

I never really noticed any until the real one awhile back.. now I'm seeing them fairly regularly.  On the surface, in space, even a few during launches.  If you end up doing ISRU stops that take a few game days on Kerbin somewhat equatorial, you'll see them often.

Also, just an FYI, you can hit F1 to grab in-game screenshots.  They're saved in the Screenshots folder in your KSP folder.  A lot easier than dealing with the OS's SS system and cropping.

F2 will toggle the HUD for cleaner images like my refueling one.

Edited by Geonovast

@moonsparkejo 

I was excited when I first saw one. Then once I noticed, I realised I was seeing them all the time.

Muns orbit is not tilted, so there is a full solar eclipse every Munar month, and the KSC is directly in the path of every single one, even if totality doesnt always pass over it.

I was also quite freaked out when I saw a Munar eclipse from orbit. I was not far from the Mun and then I lost sight of it, couldnt see the Mun where it used to be! Then Kerbin's shadow passed by...

**edit**

...is the forum randomly underlining things?

Edited by p1t1o

6 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Not random, but it is underlining.  It underlines common acronyms so you can mouse over it and see what it means.

5 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

It's underlining (and explaining as mouse overs) certain well known acronyms.

Such as VAB, SPH and KSC for instance.

Oh nice! Thanks :)

13 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Can we please make a sticky eclipse thread? Its far better than a new thread everytime someone discovers eclipses in KSP

No. No one's forcing you to read them. Either be happy for the newbie or skip to the next thread. 

Bunch of sourpusses. Jeez. 

19 hours ago, Aegolius13 said:

How often is that?  Like, every now and then?

Well played sir!

18 hours ago, MaxxQ said:

Considering that the Mun is in an exact equatorial orbit, and Kerbin is on an exact equatorial orbit of Kerbol, I believe it happens every month*, as long as you are on the equator (such as at KSC).  

*Or thereabouts.

Sigh..... /facepalm

On 9/19/2017 at 2:09 PM, moonsparkejo said:

If anybody else has really cool screenshots from KSP, not including of aircraft only. as long as it shows naturally occurring events, post them!

Maybe the KSP logo grow out of this or maybe it was added deliberately, but I visited the old space center and the setting sun reflecting on the old antenna produced this effect.

36595701330_1207593353_o.jpg

On 9/20/2017 at 3:42 AM, NSEP said:

Sometimes eclipses are so boring you dont even notice. Unless you got scatterer and everything suddenly goes to dark.

That's actually what caused me to notice it, I quick saved, went and turned it off so I could screenshot it, unfortunately it's not that dramatic without it 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.