WW2 BAD-T III - BDAc AI Dogfight Tournament

Ideally.

That said, with the deadline for submissions approaching (get them in before Saturday), how many people are still working on entries/plan to enter? I'd like to get a quick estimate so I can know if I should make some Bot craft to round out the tournament roster/perhaps push the deadline back a week (to the 13th).

I'll try to enter.  I'm building a plane now, but it's not going very well.

If you push the deadline, I'll have more time to work on it.  But don't do it just for me.

I also have a few questions.

1) Where exactly do I place the AABulletDefs.cfg file?

2) Battles seem to stop on their own.  Or, one plane fights, and the other one just tries to circle the KSC, or to gain altitude.

I installed all the required mods by hand.  Only a few (like Kerbal Engineer, MechJeb, Editor Extensions) I installed thru ckan.

Does anyone else have this kind of problem?  How do I fix it?  Or, at least, how do I diagnose it?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, aleksey444 said:

1) Where exactly do I place the AABulletDefs.cfg file?

2) Battles seem to stop on their own.  Or, one plane fights, and the other one just tries to circle the KSC, or to gain altitude.

I installed all the required mods by hand.  Only a few (like Kerbal Engineer, MechJeb, Editor Extensions) I installed thru ckan.

Does anyone else have this kind of problem?  How do I fix it?  Or, at least, how do I diagnose it?

Thanks.

1) Just throw it in the AA directory, as long as it's somewhere in GameData it'll work though.

2) Yes, that happens.
* make sure the craft visible range is high enough would be the first thing - if they can't see a target they can't fight
* Try switching which craft you're viewing, this seems to reset it's pilot somehow.

8 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Sounds like people could use more time. Deadline for submissions will be extended to October 14th.

Gives me a bit more time to finish adding camo patterns to DCK

I have a light and a heavy but haven't decided on which to enter ... RL gets in the way of fun on ocassion :/

I hope the mods and everything else are ok with the new release, KSP just updated to 1.3.1 on my steam without notice.

Damn it steam I said I WANT TO HANDLE MY UPDATES MANUALLY, which part of it didn't you understand, uh?

*Had to revert it manually through the "beta versions" settings.

Edited by tetryds

1 minute ago, tetryds said:

I hope the mods and everything else are ok with the new release, KSP just updated to 1.3.1 on my steam without notice.

Damn it steam I said I WANT TO HANDLE MY UPDATES MANUALLY, which part of it didn't you understand, uh?

Another reason not to use steam...

2 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Another reason not to use steam...

I do it so that my subscribers freak out, it's been more than a year since I last posted a video (or played at all), and my channel is dedicated to KSP.

Edited by tetryds

In case anyone else is running into the bug where your plane just disengages from combat and flies away, I added this to a module manager config.

*Edit* You can download the .cfg here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2LnpIwDhmD-RXVqZGFWQ1BmY3c

@PART[AIantenna]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleWingCommander]
    {
        %name = ModuleWingCommander
    }
}

Edited by keptin

1 hour ago, tetryds said:

*Had to revert it manually through the "beta versions" settings.

You haven't been able to do that in windows steam for years, unfortunately. Will make an investigatory install ( tomorrow ).

2 hours ago, keptin said:

In case anyone else is running into the bug where your plane just disengages from combat and flies away, I added this to a module manager config.

@PART[AIantenna]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleWingCommander]
    {
        %name = ModuleWingCommander
    }
}

I have this problem!

Which file do I add this to?  And where?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.