WW2 BAD-T III - BDAc AI Dogfight Tournament

1 hour ago, Matuchkin said:

I think that after the above fight we need a reminder to make sure your plane is stable before submitting it into the challenge.

That's the reason I suggested a slightly better dummy, one capable of forcing your craft into some aerobatics & changes in altitude.

BTW, there is word on this thread about a 1960s jet-themed BDAC tourney. I would have to suggest the following restrictions be placed on participating planes:

Maximum G-force: 10g

Maximum velocity: Mach 1.2 or 411.6 m/s

Maximum twr: 0.8 (roughly that of the MiG-21bis)

21 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

BTW, there is word on this thread about a 1960s jet-themed BDAC tourney. I would have to suggest the following restrictions be placed on participating planes:

EE Lightning goes home sadfaced :(

55 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

The max G I can agree with, maybe even lower. I dont, however have any plans to limit speed. I will be limiting wingspan and TWR to avoid supermanuverable fighters. TWR will be limited based on dry mass, not loaded mass.

37 minutes ago, Van Disaster said:

EE Lightning goes home sadfaced :(

36 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Oh well.

Not with my challenge...

On 10/23/2017 at 12:26 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

I'm quite confident there will be more competitions coming in the future as the only thing that was holding the BAD T3 back was FAR being updated

I thought it was yearly....

17 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

Unfortunately that is not going to work, nor is it going to provide you the balance you are expecting.

First because it is very hard to define the scenarios for these parameters to be satisfied, and second because performance is a property of an aircraft, not something that define its construction, it's an effect, not a cause.

That is like saying a weapon on a war cannot fire at a rate higher than 200rpm while what actually limits the firerate are the alloys, design and production costs.

What you can limit are the engines, weapons, wing strenght, mass, etc. As mentioned earlier all that you have to do is cut corners and prevent exploits.

Twr can work, but again, at which speed and altitude? You are already "limiting" it by defining a minimum mass and engine count/types indirectly anyway.

Edited by tetryds

1 hour ago, tetryds said:

Unfortunately that is not going to work, nor is it going to provide you the balance you are expecting.

First because it is very hard to define the scenarios for these parameters to be satisfied, and second because performance is a property of an aircraft, not something that define its construction, it's an effect, not a cause.

That is like saying a weapon on a war cannot fire at a rate higher than 200rpm while what actually limits the firerate are the alloys, design and production costs.

What you can limit are the engines, weapons, wing strenght, mass, etc. As mentioned earlier all that you have to do is cut corners and prevent exploits.

Twr can work, but again, at which speed and altitude? You are already "limiting" it by defining a minimum mass and engine count/types indirectly anyway.

Why dont we all wait for the challenge to come out later today, and comment about it then?

On 26/10/2017 at 5:56 PM, Matuchkin said:

I think that after the above fight we need a reminder to make sure your plane is stable before submitting it into the challenge.

I just found out that I didn't reverted my FAR settings to stock one when making this plane so it's stable on my save but sadly not on any other... I'm sorry if you were disapointed by this fight guys.

1 minute ago, Arvolder said:

I just found out that I didn't reverted my FAR settings to stock one when making this plane so it's stable on my save but sadly not on any other... I'm sorry if you were disapointed by this fight guys.

I still liked it(not because I won) and I liked your airplane.

Just now, dundun93 said:

I still liked it(not because I won) and I liked your airplane.

Thanks it was hard to make it lite enough for it to fly due to so little power in the engine. I might modify it to fly with stock FAR settings.

6 minutes ago, Arvolder said:

Thanks it was hard to make it lite enough for it to fly due to so little power in the engine. I might modify it to fly with stock FAR settings.

Next time I think you should consider a more powerful engine, a better armament, and less armour.

14 hours ago, aleksey444 said:

Looks like Slap Chops have a metric excrements-ton of armor.  Rolfs seem more maneuverable, but more fragile, too.

What happened to the 2nd Rolf in the last fight?  Was he shot, or did the wings fail due to too much speed and stress?

That's exactly why my craft is a bit heavier ( well that and using proc structural parts & a lot of ammo ) - I'd rather lose by being shot than lose by falling apart. Having lost the first fight to SI's plane because it's got disposable fuselage parts, I think I'll be using wings for fuselage in future :P

Edited by Van Disaster

Just now, tetryds said:

From the Slap Chop vs Rolf-75 Spicypepper battle I could notice that armor parts are somewhat unbalanced.

I agree ... With using BDAc 0.3.0.0 there is a bit of an in-balance although I attribute most of this to the armor and penetration system in the v0.3.0.0

In the coming armor update mass is specifically targeted as a factor in an armor panels armor rating which should mitigate this issue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.