ULA launch and discussion thread

tater

I appreciate the update - but it's like they have Al Gore as the person writing the 'interest' pieces. 

- is there any phrase less exciting than, "...successfully completed a countdown test"? 

"...4, 3, 2, 1.  Yep - the numbers are still in order. "

1 hour ago, insert_name said:

That's something I'm really looking forward to watching develop.

- I used to watch orbital plots for the Trojans and Main Belt asteroids, because they're beautiful.  Combination of gravity, science and art. 

Will be cool to see what we learn

11 hours ago, mikegarrison said:

Live in 11 hours? 1am?

I probably won't be asleep at 1am on a Friday night, but I'll probably be too busy playing a videogame or something to watch a rocket launch.

As predicted, I am awake, and playing video games. Looks like the stream is now scheduled to start at 2am (my time).

Probably won't watch.

6 minutes ago, SOXBLOX said:

Personally I think LUCY is the stupidest name for a spacecraft ever, but no one asked me... Good luck to it anyway. :mellow:

Nothing will beat the Origins, Spectral Interpretation, Resource Identification, Security, Regolith Explorer for me

5 hours ago, SOXBLOX said:

Personally I think LUCY is the stupidest name for a spacecraft ever, but no one asked me... Good luck to it anyway. :mellow:

Have you seen the names they give to missions? Its almost like they came up with the name first, then designed the mission around it. Lucy is tame in comparison haha. I'm surprised its not something like JATLLSTFU (Jupiter Asteroid Trojan Leading, Lagging...we ran out of ideas, so shut up)

Edited by Meecrob

• 1 month later...