[1.4.x] Comfortable Landing [V1.6]

Icecovery

3 hours ago, Icecovery said:

Yeah, the standalone pack is in the plan(or maybe just add in the heat shield).(But you may have to wait a few weeks because I'm really busy at my schoolwork)

And actually, it really allows you to land faster——for pod who has the airbag and retro-rockets——But not buoy, of course not.:D

Oh wow, that was a quick response! :D 

No pressure, I know it takes a lot of time and it looks pretty good already. I'm learning the very basics of R and python, so what you're doing is like a loveing miracle to me. I was just curious as to if it was still in the plans (I saw you commented that it was some time ago, so just wanted to check up).

I can only give you one piece of feedback (which is really picky): the colours of the orange balloons seem a bit too bright. This might be realistic (I really don't know), but to me the textures look too smooth and bright, like perfect spheres with a hex code attached. Again, really minor, and picky.

By the way, this: 

On 23/9/2017 at 1:53 PM, Icecovery said:

Author:

Models: Icecovery

Textures: Icecovery

Import: Icecovery

Plugins: Icecovery

Configs: Icecovery

Debug: Icecovery

Reminds me too much of this: https://imgur.com/gallery/eZsru2M . Made me crack up.

Keep studying! It's more important than internet strangers, even if they beg for your mod. :wink:

I don't know how to use imgur properly yet :(

22 hours ago, Pablowako said:

Oh wow, that was a quick response! :D 

No pressure, I know it takes a lot of time and it looks pretty good already. I'm learning the very basics of R and python, so what you're doing is like a loveing miracle to me. I was just curious as to if it was still in the plans (I saw you commented that it was some time ago, so just wanted to check up).

I can only give you one piece of feedback (which is really picky): the colours of the orange balloons seem a bit too bright. This might be realistic (I really don't know), but to me the textures look too smooth and bright, like perfect spheres with a hex code attached. Again, really minor, and picky.

By the way, this: 

Reminds me too much of this: https://imgur.com/gallery/eZsru2M . Made me crack up.

Keep studying! It's more important than internet strangers, even if they beg for your mod. :wink:

I don't know how to use imgur properly yet :(

Actually, these work is doing by my friends(as you can see the person who forked me on GitHub) so that's why I don't have new commit yet.(well I'm also trying to solve those problems but, failed.:sealed:)And this why I wrote down every job there. We are just not yet done.:)

For the colors, eye-catching color is probably right I think.:sticktongue:

23 hours ago, Icecovery said:

Actually, these work is doing by my friends(as you can see the person who forked me on GitHub) so that's why I don't have new commit yet.(well I'm also trying to solve those problems but, failed.:sealed:)And this why I wrote down every job there. We are just not yet done.:)

For the colors, eye-catching color is probably right I think.:sticktongue:

I didn't think about the need for the colors to be easily spotted from a distance for recovery. I looked at some pictures of splashed down capsules and they look very very similar to the ones on your mod. Well done.

Do you need your mod translated to spanish or german? I wanna help out :D

On 2017/10/24 at 10:19 PM, Pablowako said:

I didn't think about the need for the colors to be easily spotted from a distance for recovery. I looked at some pictures of splashed down capsules and they look very very similar to the ones on your mod. Well done.

Do you need your mod translated to spanish or german? I wanna help out :D

Yeah of course...Just waiting for me to study how to add the localized text to the button:wink:

Log:

BDB Gemini

7gglgB3.gif

1sef2mj.gif

Mk1 Landing-skirt

P6TxOZL.gif

Update V1.1

-V1.1(20171028)
-Add support for the mod below:
--Tantares
-More Pod support for the pods below:
--Bluedog Design Bureau
---Gemini Pod A
---Gemini Pod B
--FASA
---Gemini Pod
---Gemini Pod(white)
--Stock Mk1 Pod
-More features

17 hours ago, Jhorriga said:

Could you make a version of the current release for 1.3 since many of us are using 1.3 but still want the current version of this mod

It has been verified that V1.1 is compatible with KSP version 1.3.0.:D

Edited by Icecovery

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently working on adding a cfg for te Corvus Pod and its working so far, but I can't get the pod to lay down after splashing down. It just sticks up as in the below image.

Album a/vjN6H will appear when post is submitted
Do you have any suggestions for COBAfterInflated and COMAfterInflated values to get it to lay down? I've tried some various x,y,z values to no avail.

Using these values:
		COBAfterInflated = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
		COMAfterInflated = 0.0, 200.0, -50.0

I'm able to get the pod to lie back like in the below 2 images, but still not horizontal.

Album a/guP5d will appear when post is submitted

Edited by Aerospacesmith

23 hours ago, Jhorriga said:

Add support for Hoyo CSM?

In my plan now.:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Aerospacesmith said:

I'm currently working on adding a cfg for te Corvus Pod and its working so far, but I can't get the pod to lay down after splashing down. It just sticks up as in the below image.

Album a/vjN6H will appear when post is submitted
Do you have any suggestions for COBAfterInflated and COMAfterInflated values to get it to lay down? I've tried some various x,y,z values to no avail.

Using these values:

COBAfterInflated = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
		COMAfterInflated = 0.0, 200.0, -50.0

I'm able to get the pod to lie back like in the below 2 images, but still not horizontal.

Album a/guP5d will appear when post is submitted

Maybe try to make CoB just above CoM and on the same axis? Buoyancy system does have some really weird problems.:(

47 minutes ago, Icecovery said:

In my plan now.:rolleyes:

Maybe try to make CoB just above CoM and on the same axis? Buoyancy system does have some really weird problems.:(

I finally figured it out. The Corvus Pod had an CoM offset in its part cfg file. I just added @CoMOffset = 0, 0, 0 to my MM patch to counteract this. I haven't noticed any aerodynamic stability issues with the pod since removing this offset.

Here's a pic of the splashed down pod:

w2eODUE.png

The nose has a built-in parachute on one side which has the pod land slightly angled and makes it land the right way to then float perfectly. 

Here's the mm patch to add the floatation skirt to the Corvus Pod:

@PART[Corvus_Exterior]:FOR[ComfortableLanding]
{
	@CoMOffset = 0, 0, 0

!MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]{}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleColorChanger
		shaderProperty = _EmissiveColor
		animRate = 0.8
		animState = false
		useRate = true
		toggleInEditor = true
		toggleInFlight = true
		toggleInFlight = true
		unfocusedRange = 5
		toggleName = Toggle Lights
		eventOnName = Lights On
		eventOffName = Lights On
		toggleAction = True
		defaultActionGroup = Light
		redCurve
		{
			key = 0 0 0 3
			key = 1 1 0 0
		}
		greenCurve
		{
			key = 0 0 0 1
			key = 1 1 1 0
		}
		blueCurve
		{
			key = 0 0 0 0
			key = 1 0.7 1.5 0
		}
		alphaCurve
		{
			key = 0 1
		}
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = ComfortableLanding/Models/Gemini/AirbagGemini
   		scale = 0.75, 1.1, .9
		rotation = 180.0, 0.0, 0.0
		position = 0.0, -0.10, 0.0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
		animationName = AirbagGemini
		startEventGUIName = Deploy
		endEventGUIName = Close
		actionGUIName = Toggle
		restrictedNode = bottom
		allowManualControl = false
	}		
	MODULE
	{
		name = CL_ControlTool
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = CL_Buoy
		buoyancyAfterInflated = 1.9
		COBAfterInflated = 0.0, 0.0, -0.1
		COMAfterInflated = 0.0, 0.5, 2.0
		volume = 1.0
		changeCOM = true
		playSoundPath = ComfortableLanding/Sounds/Inflate_B
		//animName = AirbagGemini
		//animLayer = 0
	}
}

Update V1.2

-Add support for the mod below:
--Corvus CF(Thanks forum user Aerospacesmith for providing this cfg!)
--HOYO CSM
-Add three standalone parts:(Support rescale by TweakScale)
--Universal Airbag Module
--Universal Buoy Module
--Universal Retro Rocket Module

IHwTyzA.png

Hm9O8P8.png

5uYgHxK.png

On 2017/11/16 at 12:52 PM, Aerospacesmith said:

Here's the mm patch to add the floatation skirt to the Corvus Pod:

The new version already includes your cfg! Thank you!:D

On 2017/11/23 at 5:27 AM, Brainpop14 said:

Add support for SSTU?

I don't know how to add my module into SSTU's command pod, at least cannot add in the usual way, maybe you can try to use standalone parts by download new version.:rolleyes:

With mods Ven's Stock Revamp (Mk-1 and Mk 1-2) Landing mod works both land/water for the Mk-1 pod.  The Mk1-2 pod only works in water.

Home Grown Rockets mod Soviet style pods (Soy-juice and Onion) have built in landing brake rockets.  Would only need water floats.

The airbag stand alone part make a nifty landing platform for probe packages on Duna.  I build a girder/platform on top of airbag part and place a probe core and parachute, add science instruments. place airbag part on a separator then a fairing base.  I have not tested it as a rover landing platform yet.

Edited by jpkerman

10 hours ago, jpkerman said:

With mods Ven's Stock Revamp (Mk-1 and Mk 1-2) Landing mod works both land/water for the Mk-1 pod.  The Mk1-2 pod only works in water.

Mk1-2 pod does only work in water because it only has buoy.

11 hours ago, jpkerman said:

Home Grown Rockets mod Soviet style pods (Soy-juice and Onion) have built in landing brake rockets.  Would only need water floats.

In my plan now:wink:

9 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

For some reason the FASA Gemini landing buoys don't work right for me. The pod stays upright and doesn't turn on it's side.

This is due to an inherent issue with buoyancy system of which my patches cannot address. Using reaction wheels to right the capsule may help with this issue.:confused:

On 9/23/2017 at 8:53 AM, Icecovery said:

Standalone parts:

Universal Airbag Module
Universal Buoy Module
Universal Retro Rocket Module

(Support rescale by TweakScale)

Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not quite understanding how to use these in the VAB.  Do they go between the capsule and the heat shield?   Or are they intended for modders rather than "end users"?

Edited by MaxwellsDemon