[1.4.x] Comfortable Landing [V1.6]

Icecovery

10 hours ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not quite understanding how to use these in the VAB.  Do they go between the capsule and the heat shield?   Or are they intended for modders rather than "end users"?

Place them between the pod and the heat shield,  and jettison heat shield before you activate pre-landing mode.

5 hours ago, Icecovery said:

I think it's not necessary, TweakScale is a light and useful plugins, why don't install one?:confused:

In my case, I would use tweakscale except that the last time I tried it, it made a number of my kerbals sit in the dark. Their portrait lights went out.

When I uninstalled it, normality was resumed.

Update V1.3

-Add different size (0.625m,1.25m,2.5m,3.75m) for standalone parts for user who haven't installed TweakScale
-Fix repeat patch for Tantares

example:

3.75m

JbLsPnh.png

0.625m

gCJU1dY.png

19 hours ago, Daveroski said:

In my case, I would use tweakscale except that the last time I tried it, it made a number of my kerbals sit in the dark. Their portrait lights went out.

When I uninstalled it, normality was resumed.

19 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Also, some people's computers are potatoes. I could supply some configs for various sizes if you wanted, but really, all you'd need to edit is the "scale =" and "rescaleFactor =" values, plus the names of the parts. Then you're fine. :)

Edited by Icecovery

27 minutes ago, Icecovery said:

Update V1.3

-Add different size (0.625m,1.25m,2.5m,3.75m) for standalone parts for user who haven't installed TweakScale
-Fix repeat patch for Tantares

example:

3.75m

0.625m

I hate just about everyone.

Except you, it seems... :wink:

Icecovery,

I'm getting two errors when trying to load your mod with the VenStockRevamp.

From the KSP log.

[ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: ComfortableLanding/Configs/StockPod/@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:FOR[ComfortableLanding]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]
[ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: ComfortableLanding/Configs/StockPod/@PART[mk1pod]:FOR[ComfortableLanding]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]
[ModuleManager] Errors in patch prevents the creation of the cache

It is from these two lines in StockPod.cfg

@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:FOR[ComfortableLanding]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]

@PART[mk1pod]:FOR[ComfortableLanding]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]

You can't have :FOR and :AFTER in the same top level patch (https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Patch-Ordering)

On 2017/12/11 at 5:47 AM, Critter79606 said:

Icecovery,

I'm getting two errors when trying to load your mod with the VenStockRevamp.

From the KSP log.

[ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: ComfortableLanding/Configs/StockPod/@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:FOR[ComfortableLanding]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]
[ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: ComfortableLanding/Configs/StockPod/@PART[mk1pod]:FOR[ComfortableLanding]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]
[ModuleManager] Errors in patch prevents the creation of the cache

It is from these two lines in StockPod.cfg

@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:FOR[ComfortableLanding]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]

@PART[mk1pod]:FOR[ComfortableLanding]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]:AFTER[VenStockRevamp]

You can't have :FOR and :AFTER in the same top level patch (https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Patch-Ordering)

My mistake, will fix at next update:sealed:

• 1 month later...
On 2018/1/20 at 9:04 PM, Pointblank66 said:

any chance that we will get the skirt and other comfortable landing stuff, that aren't stand alone yet, as stand alone parts in the near future?

Sure, they are coming at next update.

On 2018/1/22 at 5:42 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Your configs are getting errors with the latest ModuleManager.

Remove the "FOR[ComfortableLanding]", it's not needed and fixes the problem

Will fix this it in next version.

On 2018/1/24 at 8:49 AM, Hunony said:

this mod is available for 1.3.1?

Yes. I just forget to change the title:confused:

On 2018/1/25 at 3:11 AM, Jhorriga said:

Can you add support for capsule corp endeavour?

Because we already have standalone parts now, more mod support is not necessary. Of course, you can write support cfg for them, I will be happy to add them into Comfortable Landing.

• 1 month later...

Update V1.5:

-Support KSP 1.4.x
-Add support for the pod below:
--Mk2 Command Pod (If DLC is installed)
--Mk1-3 Command Pod
-Add 1.875m and 5m size of all standalone parts(If TweakScale is not installed)
-Remove a incorrect standalone part(Because ModuleManager will ignore /**/ in cfg)
-Fix a bug about 0.625m Universal Buoy Module doesn't show in game

1zdNnIg.png

zazaBlW.png

zqTd5ps.gif ←Landing an Mk1-3 pod by a Mk16 Parachute and a Landing Skirt

I would like to see VAB preview animations to know what I'm doing. :cool:

Edit:

I just see that using any of the universal modules creates a ghost node that is always present on any part I work with later ...

Edited by Gordon Dry

On 2018/3/26 at 10:13 AM, Gordon Dry said:

I would like to see VAB preview animations to know what I'm doing. :cool:

It should be easy to do and I will add it in the next version

On 2018/3/26 at 10:13 AM, Gordon Dry said:

I just see that using any of the universal modules creates a ghost node that is always present on any part I work with later ...

Can you provide some screenshots? So that I can try to fix it.

19 hours ago, R3AP3R said:

Could you post the github link for the 1.3.1 compatible version of the mod please?

You can basically download the latest version, and then replace the new DLL with the old one form V1.4.

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2018 at 6:49 AM, Gordon Dry said:

@Icecovery I suggest that you change the surface texture of the 3 parts (Airbag, Buoy and Retro Rocket) that they look like passable, because:

https://github.com/Icecovery/Comfortable-Landing/issues/2

I'm not sure if the Universal Landing Skirt Module also should be passable, but there are heat shields out there which are...

:D

I plan to add more stand-alone parts in the near future, at that time I will also replace the models and textures of these parts.

Thanks for your suggestion :D

On 6/9/2018 at 4:47 AM, Gordon Dry said:

@Icecovery Hmm, no matter if autostruts and KJR are used, these parts are prone to be misaligned ... this happened in orbit for whatever reason, just wanted to mention:

I don't recommend attaching more than one stand-alone part together, maybe you can try to change the size of the node?