[1.4.x] Comfortable Landing [V1.6]

Icecovery

@Icecovery Hmm, something's a bit odd getting this off CKAN:

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: ComfortableLanding V1.6: C:\Users\<my username>\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp72B1.tmp has length 10959456, should be 10959281
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

I also noticed that the last commit on the git repo has the README.md updated, but no other files committed/updated? 

8 hours ago, Icecovery said:

I don't recommend attaching more than one stand-alone part together, maybe you can try to change the size of the node?

Hmm. This is a problem. I cannot know where I will land when coming back while building the vessel. And planning a vessel to land on a specific kind of biome later is also not my intention.
In other words: for all cases to be prepared; I need all 3 modules (airbag, buoy, retro).

In a couple of posts ppl suggested you create a heatshield part which has all these functionality integrated (as is rescalable ofc).

So I also do now.
Especially when you suggest not to stack the modules.
Is it mentioned in the OP not to do that?

On 6/10/2018 at 10:00 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I forced an update, it's still failing, so there may be something wrong in the file.  I don't see anything yet, but am looking at it

It's a CKAN problem, I'm posting there

On 6/10/2018 at 10:28 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I have manually fixed the CKAN info, it should now install correctly, once you refresh CKAN.  it may take a little while to become available

I'm still having problems with CKAN crashing when it just about finishes downloading this mod. I had this same problem, or similar for another mod and it was something with CKAN causing it.

I see you have reported it to the CKAN group, but I can report it also if needed. They fixed the previous problem for me fairly quickly.

Oh, and thank you, linuxgurugamer, for your efforts support this mod and several others I use. Without your efforts, several cool mods would not be available/updated.

Update: Reading through the CKAN thread, I saw your report to the CKAN group. Looks like they're working on the issue? Plus I remembered what mod I'd reported with the similar problem, it was Kerbalism. I saw someone mention it and it was just what I needed to trigger my memory, LOL.

Edited by GJNelson

On 6/10/2018 at 10:52 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Hmm. This is a problem. I cannot know where I will land when coming back while building the vessel. And planning a vessel to land on a specific kind of biome later is also not my intention.
In other words: for all cases to be prepared; I need all 3 modules (airbag, buoy, retro).

In a couple of posts ppl suggested you create a heatshield part which has all these functionality integrated (as is rescalable ofc).

So I also do now.
Especially when you suggest not to stack the modules.
Is it mentioned in the OP not to do that?

I will add two compound modules into this mod soon, which are airbag+retro / buoy + retro. putting airbags and buoys together is not necessary because airbags contain the function of a buoy when landing on water. For now, you can change the size of the nodes in the cfg file to increased strength.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:52 AM, Daedalus451 said:

This doesn't seem to work at all on the Mk2 pod - No option to deploy in flight or in the VAB. Works great on the Mk1

Did you install Ven's Stock Part Revamp? I was not sure about if VSR added remap for new Mk2 Pod(looks like he is not updating?) so I canceled the compatibility for MK2 Pod temporary if VSR is installed. If you want to use it, please delete 

:NEEDS[!VenStockRevamp]

from the first line of ComfortableLanding\Configs\StockPod.cfg 

Edited by Icecovery

On 6/10/2018 at 10:00 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I forced an update, it's still failing, so there may be something wrong in the file.  I don't see anything yet, but am looking at it

It's a CKAN problem, I'm posting there

On 6/10/2018 at 10:28 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I have manually fixed the CKAN info, it should now install correctly, once you refresh CKAN.  it may take a little while to become available

Ok, the v1.6 update for this mod has finally cleared through CKAN. The CKAN group must have gotten to updating their files. Download via CKAN now works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use Bluedog. In VAB I have a Button to inflate the Kane-Pod. Inflight I activatet the Preflight-Button but nothing happened. The Pod is sinking and destroying in the ocean.

There is this in the Log:

[ERR 17:51:25.324] Cannot find module 'CL_LandingBurn' (1206048144)

[LOG 17:51:25.324] <color=#FF8C00ff>[Comfortable Landing]</color>Not detected CL_LandingBurn
[ERR 17:51:25.324] Cannot find module 'CL_AirBag' (-1155934444)

Edited by Cheesecake

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Cheesecake did you report that issue over there? @Thomas P.

And what did you do? Remove Kopernicus?
Well, that's not an option for me as I use RSS.

It was an issue in my config, not kopernicus itself. I use no RSS but rescaled Kerbin with a Kopernicus-config. And yes, I contacted Thomas and he helped me.

It was only one thing in the config I added. That solved it for me:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
    @Body[Kerbin]
    {

@Properties
        {
            radius = 960000
        }
        Ocean
        {
        }

}
}

I don`t know if this is the issue in sigma or RSS.