World Of Tanks, World Of Warships, War Thunder.... Etc.

Kerbinchaser

What tier have you made it to so far?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. World Of Warships

2. 2. World Of Tanks

3. 3. War Thunder

I've played them all. I started in War Thunder, and was a tester for Ground Forces and World of Warships, but World of Tanks has easily become my favorite. I like cover based shooters in general, and World of Tanks is like a slower, more tactical version of that concept. World of Warships requires a bit more forethought than I usually bring to the table, and I'm simply not that good at War Thunder. I don't play either game enough to tolerate the grind very well, which discourages me from playing more often.

In Tanks I recently picked up an IS-4 as my third tier 10 (I have a 215b and Centurion X as well). I don't feel the need to unlock things at a great pace anymore, and I find that more relaxing now. I play sporadically though, currently waiting on the next update since it should overhaul a lot of the British Tanks I'm fond of. This is the problem with update spoilers: I'm so sold on the future product that I'm just going to wait for that to come out :D

Edited by Randox

I played WOT and got to Hummel, then they nerfed the hell out of arty. Got bored of them aiming for 15 seconds at a moving target and then when finally fully aimed doing no damage or missing completely.

Then I got into TDs and got myself a shiny new ISU 152, much fun.

I played with Hellcat in parallel. Also many fun matches were had.

Then they released Waffle line and I rushed that grind, only to realize that tier IX is better than X. Then they nerfed the X some more. Kept on playing but they nerfed all TD across the board, including the Hellcat that suddenly became reluctant to get moving and pretty much lost the only thing it had for itself (other than the turret) - camo.

Then I started to play more with clan mates which meant I had to get myself some heavy armor, but I don't like that, even though I had some fun matches in IS-3 and T34.

Finally about a year ago I basically stopped playing.

Now I occasionally play WOWS and have a few Japanese destroyers that come factory equipped with some major giggle torps.

As for War Thunder, I just can't comprehend the GUI. Seriously, it's beyond my cognitive capabilities. I managed to get into a battle a few times, though. It was a mess.

Edited by Shpaget

19 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

It can be frustrating at times. 

Now, we all need to share our in-game nicknames and friend each other! :D 

Mine is Snipereagle23. <Don't ask me where that came from. I was very young. :P 

TheKMethod

I'm really original. But it works.

Getting through the Churchill 7 to the Black Prince is an accomplishment :D That tank is flaming garbage, and had I not done the British heavies first, I'm not sure I ever would have gotten to the end of that line. But, I did do it first, and in all fairness, most tier 7 tanks in WoT are lemons anyway. There are some real standouts like the american T29, but I find the tier as a whole to be pretty meh.

I go by SquareCanine in both games, and I'm on the North American WoT server.

• 2 months later...

If anyone is interested, I have officer positions open for my WoT clan ANZIO. 

http://na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000046031/?utm_source=global-nav&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=wgcc

We are currently in rank 1,713 of all NA clans, and we accept anyone with 2,000 battles or over. PM me if you're interested. I would love to have a fellow KSP player in my ranks. 

Spoiler

(I did not come up with the name of this clan. I am second in command, and I only joined because the commander is a friend of my firend, and he needed an executive officer with clan experience.)

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 11:13 AM, Kernel Kraken said:

I'm stuck in Teir 2 on the Soviet tank line in War Thunder. The T-34-1941 can either penetrate twenty feet of concrete or be stopped by a peice of paper...

What shells are you using?

I quit WOT after getting killed via shots to the radio antenna type kills. only a few over many battles, but it bugged me. Played WOWS for a while but am now waiting on WT naval. Tier 2 for russian tanks, 1 for ruskie planes, 2 and 3 for american tanks/planes.

I've Played WoW, initially aiming for HMS Queen Elizabeth, but only managed to get into tier 2-3 before quitting, due to my horribly bad performance (I'm not very good at leading shots at long range), especially on artilleries. Don't know whether I'll be continuing it or not

War Thunder? Reached aircraft tier 3 for Japan and 2 for Soviet. For tanks, I reached tier 2 British

For WoT, I'm currently at Swedish tier 6, Germany 6, Japan 6, USA 5, French 4 , Soviet 3 , British 1, Italian 4, Poland 1, Czech 1, and Chinese 4. Currently in stopped playing for some time due to the incredibly toxic gaming environment on my last few matches as well as I'm having another thing to do than grinding

My thought about Wargaming's games is, it's fun at first, but gets incredibly boring in the long run, I'm not really into games that revolves around grinding or PvP based online game, those tends to have toxic community that tells you to "Git Gud Scrub/ Noob". Fortunately, I found this forum, and since then, I visited this forum a lot more frequent than Wargaming's forum. I rarely played those games now, because my rule of thumb as a KSP player about "World of Something"  is, "If it's at higher tier and you don't want to grind, build it in KSP" :P (Because for me, KSP is "World of Creativity" :))

Edited by ARS

I used to play WoT a lot when it was still a new thing (had only 3 countries with basic stuff). But i haven't really played it in years. I have come back to it a couple of times and played it for a few days (nostalgia, and to get away from WT bull****), but i can never enjoy it the way i did back then. Im quessing part of that is because of the fact that when i used to play it then, i knew what was going on i had a pretty good understanding of what all the tanks in the game where like (weaknesses, strengths), so i was rather good, but now, there's so many changes that i just get confused every time i come back to it. Plus, back then my skills where evolving at pretty much the same rate as for others, but now there are a lot more players with a lot more experience and skill around.

The highest i got to was tier IV (panzer III/IV, back then it would have led me to the Panzer IV witch i wanted, but not anymore). I have a bunch of other vehicles from other countries around as-well, probably my favorite being the BT-2.

Now for WT. My god what a load of unfair unbalanced bull**** it is,  but i still keep playing it (over a 1000 hours on record).

I dunno, i kinda want to go back to WoT all the time to escape all the above mentioned, and especially all those a**holes who bring the Sherman Jumbo into rank II battles. But, the game just plays so much better than WoT that i want to keep going, and when you get battles like the one where i killed 20 tanks all by myself, you want to try and replicate the results, but the amount of RNG and pure luck makes that impossible.

So yea, tank battles in WT are pretty frustrating and rage inducing, but i feel that after all these hours of experience, it's beginning to get more fun again.

Im currently enjoying rank 1.5 battles and basically researching the entirety of the rank III (US, British, German and Russian) tree before i go battle there. I feel it will allow me to skip all the "that one didn't go trough" and getting one shot killed by everything.

But as for air-battles, get me in the Spitfire MK I and i'll shoot my way to the top-spot in no time. im pretty much keeping myself locked in rank 1.5 battles, but just like with the tanks, i have reached rank III already, i just don't wanna go there yet. Air-battles in general are fun and i usually get myself near the top in most matches, even with pure bombers (my goal is to master the art of manually aiming defensive turrets. I think my record is headshotting a pilot of a P-36 from 1.4-1.5 km with my Avengers turret). Recently i had a battle where i downed 4 aircraft with a single Sunderland, before i was so damaged that basically threw myself at the enemy hoping that i could ram one of them.

My main countries for air-battles are, US, Britain and Germany, i also have a few Japanise planes, but i don't like them too much, as the bullets from their guns don't seem to exist in this universe half the time.

And as for WoWs, one of my all time favorite games. Nothing to complain about, just pure fun, and pure success.

Currently im moving on from tier VII to tier VIII (bought the KII...witch may have been a mistake. I also have the Richelieu witch is pure fun, and the NC, witch seem a bit fragile). With the KII, i also have a bunch of other premiums laying around (prob my favorites being the Atlanta and the Scharnhorst).

I started playing WoWs shortly after it was released, and have been staying pretty active, so i have always been able to keep up with whats been going on witch helps a lot, as then you don't get any nasty surprises (spotting range when firing becoming the same as your firing range, and them adding a maximum speed at witch you can move inside smoke before you get spotted...stuff like that).

I don't know why, but the thing i probably enjoy the most in the game, is good secondaries (really sucks that you can get them actually effective only at tier VII and above....well, given you have enough point's on your captain).

Well, i guess i have to admit that im a bit disappointed with the fact that just how difficult it can be to get anything useful done in a CV, especially as i am a HUGE RTS buff, but, with the new carrier rework coming, that may change.

I have a funny feel that with all the navy stuff ive put up on the forums, it won't come as much of a surprise to anyone that i like WoWs so much.

And here's list of some of my favorites from each game/category.

World of tanks: BT-2, LOLtractor, after that, i really dunno.

Warthunder:

Tank: M-16 MGMC, Wirbelwind/Gepard (the WWII one), Pz IV F1/F2, Stuart, T-28, T-34 STZ/57.

Aircraft: Bristol Blenheim, Short Sunderland, Spitfire mk I, JU-88 A6, B-34 (the attacker version).

World of Warships: Clemson, Lyon, Scharnhorst, Atlanta, Richelieu/Dunkerque.

Edited by kapteenipirk

• 1 month later...

I played WOT quite a bit about 5 years ago, before getting into KSP. I was an ok player, but never played any clan battles, because when I started playing I went to the .com rather than the .eu portal (which I didn't know existed) when I installed the game. So unknown to me, I'd locked myself into playing on the US servers, which meant I was a few hours adrift from clans I might have joined.

I like the game (a bit too much actually), especially my little M36 Jackson which I had a good win ratio using. In the end though I found myself getting a bit too angry with some of the stupid nonsense people got up to in random games, as well as my tier 8 tanks feeling a chore to play, after their teir 6 and 7 brethren being more fun.

So in the end I gave up that little obsession and a while later started playing this little game called Kerbal Space Programe, which put the minor obsession with WOT into some perspective.

Slipped from WoT to WoWS, previously nailed down Level 6 as optimal in terms of iconic vehicles and relative ease to reach. Filthy casual, but target lead comes quite easily, and I like the lack of cover-based gameplay and the toxic “The ****ing ****er used gold ammo” discussions. Have most of the level six non-premiums, except for French and Britbong cruiser and the Made in USSR Chinese DD. Still not sure what to think about the US cruiser update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.