What is kiling my satellites?

Just recently something has started retracting all satellite/station solar panels and not extending them again and I didn't notice for some time, so now I have several dead satellites and was lucky I'd put some fixed solar panels also on the main Kerbin station and was able to extend the panels after shutting everything else down. Also a good reminder to always stick some fixed panels on every design.

I think the one consistent thing with them is they all have MJ, and the other candidate (that I think I installed about the same time this started happening, but I'm not sure) is Ship Manifest. But I've been looking through all their settings and can't see anywhere where I'm telling it to manage solar panels.

TIA for any suggestions. Below is the current GameData folder.

puSS5Bf.jpg

Have you tried using the right click and just doing it manually. Have you tried gonging back to last saved game. I know it can be a hassle but reload a new Kerbal 1.3  than reload do not include your last prest as usually there is something in there that is messed up Why I save a lot just load the last saved game this has cleared up many problems for me . For some reason I still can not get  Clouds and City lights  to work. 

Yes, I can do them manually still but as soon as I leave something decides to retract them again, probably as some sort of management logic where it retracts them when there's no light but for whatever reason they're not being extended again and by the time I noticed it a whole series of satellites are dead with zero EC to re-extend the panels.

All of these seem to have MechJeb, but I don't see where MJ tries to manage solar panels.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:41 PM, vossiewulf said:

Yes, I can do them manually still but as soon as I leave something decides to retract them again, probably as some sort of management logic where it retracts them when there's no light but for whatever reason they're not being extended again and by the time I noticed it a whole series of satellites are dead with zero EC to re-extend the panels.

All of these seem to have MechJeb, but I don't see where MJ tries to manage solar panels.

I have had problems when I use the action keys with this issue. What I did was cheat to get them out than locked them in place. I t wasn't my fault the did that so I didn't fell like I was cheating

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.