We are aware of some trouble accessing the forum today.

Vanamonde

There seems to be a bad caching server somewhere on the internet (one of those "akamai" things) truncating one of the files. It's still being looked into as far as I know, but thanks to @ManeTI for helping me set up this hosts file workaround:

23.67.252.234   forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com

I believe that address is simply a different caching server that has been confirmed to work (it also has an "akamai" WHOIS entry), so it should be harmless to switch. (But it could cause problems later on if akamai shuffles their server addresses, so don't do it unless you're unable to use the forum otherwise.)

While we are still here and the past problem is solved: loading my own forum profile, costs quite some time when I click on the picture or something like that. (about 7-8 seconds)
Loading other members profile is done in a second. 

Has this to do with that as owner of the profile you can edit, scrap, etc., things on your profile, or is it some kind of issue we are having lately?

6 hours ago, DrLicor said:

While we are still here and the past problem is solved: loading my own forum profile, costs quite some time when I click on the picture or something like that. (about 7-8 seconds)
Loading other members profile is done in a second. 

Has this to do with that as owner of the profile you can edit, scrap, etc., things on your profile, or is it some kind of issue we are having lately?

Thanks for reporting @DrLicor , I dont think it has something to do with that, we are going to investigate this.

The chat issues do finally seem to be gone.  I know it was frustrating for me not to be able to make posts.

I did try clearing cache and disabling my adblock before.  It seemed to work sometimes.  I am glad the problem is corrected.  I was scratching my head and trying almost everything under the sun between myself and mod trying to fix the issue before he brought up this post.

Thank you, forum team, for getting things fixed.

Edited by Nittany Tiger

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.