Solar panel turning away from the sun?!

Hello,

I just started a new KSP with the Galileo solar systems. Pretty excited but I've been having a strange issue that caused me to lose 3 satellites so far. I was wondering if some of you have seen this.

On my spacecraft, some or all of the solar panel orient them self away from the sun. If I adjust my craft orientation they will "conveniently" re-orient them self to face the darkness of space.

Have you guys experienced something similar before? Is this a bug caused by a bug? Thank you.

Here are a few screen shots:

DlaXXsF.png

GOtI06w.png

XnWov3A.png

6 hours ago, Nicome said:

Hello,

I just started a new KSP with the Galileo solar systems. Pretty excited but I've been having a strange issue that caused me to lose 3 satellites so far. I was wondering if some of you have seen this.

On my spacecraft, some or all of the solar panel orient them self away from the sun. If I adjust my craft orientation they will "conveniently" re-orient them self to face the darkness of space.

Have you guys experienced something similar before? Is this a bug caused by a bug? Thank you.

Here are a few screen shots:

This is a problem with Kopernicus (required for Galileo's Planet Pack), and the Kopernicus devs are very much aware of the issue.  They believe they have a fix, but are waiting (last I read, a few days ago) until the 1.3.1 update to add it to the mod.  The panels aren't actually pointing to deep space - they're pointing at Grannus, the second sun in the Gaelean system.  Even if Grannus is hidden by a planet, the offending panels will still point at it.

A couple of workarounds are to retract and then extend the panels (provided you have panels that can be retracted), or, if that fails, to point your craft at Ciro, the main GPP sun, before extending them.  You can also add a couple of regular solar panels (non-tracking, non-extending surface mount panels) to at least give you a bit of power to the batteries, so that you can try the above suggestions.

It's a bit annoying, for sure, but once you know about the temporary workarounds, it's not that big an issue.  See the GPP and Kopernicus threads in the add-on releases forums for more detailed info on this issue.  Check them starting from a couple weeks back to current.

2 hours ago, Nicome said:

@MaxxQ Awesome :) Thanks for letting me know!

No problem.  Just a minor update, though... make sure you get Kopernicus v. 1.3.0-8.  The version with the "fix" when I originally posted was 1.3.0-7 and it turned out there was an error in it that caused pretty much the same problem, but it's already been fixed and uploaded.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.