Hands-Off PLC Rocket

With the increasing number of tourist requests, and the decreasing amount of competent pilots (you know who you are), Gene has decided to fully automate the process.  With no need to pay a pilot or worry about upkeep on expensive remote pilot systems, profits can be maximized while giving the tourist a fully orbital experience.  Thus begins the (H)ands-(O)ff (P)LC (R)ocket  program.

This objective is to be completed mostly stock(sandbox):

• Smart Parts is required for the Programmable Logic Controller system.  No restrictions on which controllers or how many you want to use.
  • Something to display apoasis and periapsis, such as KER, is needed.
  • Visual only mods are fine.

The goal is to create a rocket that will launch, get itself into a stable orbit (at least 70km x 70km), then de-orbit and land safely.  Absolutely no input between the initial press of the spacebar and recovery.

• Must have a "crew" of three Kerbals.
  • You can set SAS to whatever you want, as long as it stays on the one setting.
  • Throttle must be set at full.  Any less-than-max thrust must be set on the engine itself.  However, this is the only input exception.  Timewarping will put your throttle to zero, so you must put it back up to full after timewarping, but before any controllers activate.  The rocket can't know the difference between timewarping and waiting it out.
  • Each engine may only be fired once.  Shutting them off before they're out of fuel is allowed, just no re-ignition.
  • No limits to number of stages.

Since Gene's really hoping for his new solid-gold snack tray, the cheaper the better:

• Scoring: Cost of your HOPR at launch - (Cost of recovered parts / 2).  Recovering that stuff ain't free!  Lower scored are better.

Submission are ideally a video, or a SS album.  Providing the craft file would be pretty killer too, and get you a shiny star.

Here's mine @ a score of 93,321  (100,411 - (14,180 / 2)). You'll see since I timewarped, I had to pop the throttle back up when I was done warping.  Other than that and the camera moving, I didn't touch the computer after the initial spacebar.

Spoiler

Edited by Geonovast

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.