Ideas for a Parts Mod

Starlord Kerman

A cargo bay for a space plane which opens on the side would be nice. It would allow for rovers to drive in and out while still having a bunch of engines mounted on the back. All the current parts with ramps that I've found open at the back of the plane. Here's a quick model of what I was thinking:

1ltX4Vf.jpg

Also, as far as 2.5m command pods go, I'd like something that's a good mix between cockpit and cone shaped pod. Maybe something like this:

kaf62ve.jpg

vQfxTvo.jpg

N9sbmv7.jpg

This is my first original post, so if its in the wrong place or something please let me know :-)

Also, if there are parts like these out there point me in that direction. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Starlord Kerman said:

I'm alright at 3D modeling but when it comes to texture maps, animations, config files etc. I'm at a loss. I looked into making a mod in that I downloaded Unity and played around a bit but getting a static part into ksp is as far as I got. 

What you really need to do (for cfg files, at least) is take an existing one and modify it, then see what happens ingame. If you have questions about what certain feilds do, just ask!

You will find that if your parts are unique and provide the user with things they can't get elsewhere, bad textures will be easily tolerated and ignored.  Many of LLL's parts are just simple minimalistic white parts yet I couldn't go far without them.  Hell, take a look at any of my mods.  I'm horrid at textures.  Fortunately, people want boats and they tolerate my suckage.

cool designs, nice work! The pod config should be really easy - take the closest pod you can find, change the part name, description and any other stats you deem appropriate. Just guessing, but it looks like a high tech two person pod. If so, you may want to look at borrowing code from @Nertea Near Future Spacecraft mod. He has a great 2 person high tech pod already created.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.