More space biomes for future KSP v1.4

I was thinking that it would be a really good idea if there were more biomes for space. So, for example, you could have:

- Polar Orbit Space, (near and far)

- Extreme High Space

- 45-degree Orbit Space, (near and far)

- Equatorial Orbit Space, (near and far)

And others like that. To of course balance it, you would have to lower the science gain from science equipment in space. But it would add more reason to have orbits with different inclinations.

Edited by Vanguardian101

5 hours ago, Vanguardian101 said:

I was thinking that it would be a really good idea if there were more biomes for space. So, for example, you could have:

- Polar Orbit Space, (near and far)

- Extreme High Space

- 45-degree Orbit Space, (near and far)

- Equatorial Orbit Space, (near and far)

And others like that. To of course balance it, you would have to lower the science gain from science equipment in space. But it would add more reason to have orbits with different inclinations.

Interesting...I think a lot of what you're asking for is defined within the science defs themselves. For example, a science experiment can be set up to collect science in orbit high and or in orbit low. They can also be set to count passing over each biome as a separate science opportunity so for example "in orbit high over the polar biome" is already supported by the game. Extreme high space is really "Solar orbit" and that's covered as well.

As far as 45 degree or equatorial, I don't quite see how science collection would differ depending on nothing more than your orbital path. There may be edge cases, but in general I feel like the ability to collect science from High/Low over each Biome kind of does the trick.

I would be interested in seeing a couple more biomes the sun's sphere of influence as you go further out. This would give more reason for deep space missions.

No!

Science gathering already is a grind. More biomes gives you more reason to grind?

Question to the OP: Does this game need more grinding in "career" mode? What do you want to gain from this?

I had a savegame I tossed from a older version due to agony and had 40% fund and science penalty because I got fed up launching tourists and doing temperature readings, flybys and such stuff. You just gave us a recommendation to expand that grind in other areas. This is not a very popular thing to recommend because of that reason. Rather a whole career makeover would suffice IMHO.

Eventually biomes are just a imaginative line. Adding more of them is adding more imaginative locations that do nothing but give you a new name. How is this helpful?

1 hour ago, Helmetman said:

Question to the OP: Does this game need more grinding in "career" mode? What do you want to gain from this?

I'm not saying to cut the science earned in space by half. I'm just saying remove 1 point or so. To add incentive for new players to try high and harder orbits as well as places to collect science for those who are not comfortable with travelling interplanetary.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.