[released] [KSP 1.2.2] Real Agencies Collection v0.9.1

h0yer

Heya!

I'd like to present my very first puny little mod, although it isn't a real mod, it's just a long list of companies and entities generally involved in rocketry in the real world.

Since I'm a newbie in regards to KSP modding and using GitHub, things might be off... Don't hesitate to point out any issues, whatsoever those might be^^

The 'mod' has a GPL v3 license, I hope I applied it correctly and it's the correct one.

I need to find out how to 'properly credit' external resources, I want to be thorough with those things.

And I'll be of course adding more and more agencies over time, always feel free to suggest missing stuff :)

I gave the mod a dull, but very descriptive name, it is the so called...

Real Agencies Collection

v0.9.1 - for KSP 1.2.2

The scope is to provide some sort of collection of real world companies, inlcuding logos and what not, so parts from realistic-ish-esque-alike mods, that have a properly set up manufacturer, will show up in their respective categories, with neat logos. I've selected original, as well as fused companies and consortiums, just to have them all.

A small agency framework for RealismOverhaul, so to say, and maybe it could 'save' a few minutes of work for anyone making replicas, but being dislikage about making extra logos^^

The indiviual logos were taken from wiki entries, I merely resized and cropped them and made them transparent, where applicable.

The descriptive texts are just the very first few lines from the wiki entry.

The 'mentalities' are rather arbitrarily chosen, please feel free to point out funky things.

Some of the rather intricately detailed logos have pretty washed out downscaled versions, my apologies, I have only paint.net and might have not always chosen the wisest of sources and scalings^^

Here's what's available so far: (More will come, I surely have forgotten the one or other pioneer of rocketry, please forgive me^^)

• Army Ballisic Missile Agency (ABMA)
  • Aerojet
  • Aerojet-Rocketdyne
  • Airbus
  • Airbus Defence & Space
  • ArianeGroup
  • Arianespace
  • BAE Systems
  • Boeing
  • Convair
  • EADS
  • EADS Astrium
  • GE Aviation
  • International Launch Services (ILS)
  • Khrunichev
  • Lockheed
  • Lockheed Martin
  • NPO Lavochkin
  • Martin USA
  • North American Aviation (NAA)
  • North American Rockwell Space Division (NAR)
  • Northrop Grumman
  • NPO Energomash
  • Orbital ATK
  • PO Polyot
  • Pratt & Whitney
  • Raytheon
  • Rocketdyne
  • Rockwell International
  • Rolls Royce
  • Roscosmos
  • Safran
  • Thiokol
  • United Launch Alliance (ULA)
  • United Technologies

A  few cropped screenshots:

(North American Rockwell Space division)

0kU3hKn.png

(NPO Energomash)

hWZu80i.png

(Rocketdyne.)

GAL5FEg.png

Intalling instructions:

Download the *.zip file from GitHub, open it up, extract the "RealAgencyCollection-0.9" folder into your "KSP\Gamedata\..." folder and REMOVE the versioning suffix from the folder's name, otherwise the paths are all wrong and no logos will show up! This current "RealAgenciesCollection-0.9" needs to look like "RealAgenciesCollection" without any doodads at the end of the folder name! I'll try to fix this after I have found out how to fix this^^

RealAgenciesCollection v0.9.1

GitHub Download

Credits:

To aaaalll my friends! Wait... wrong movie^^

Credits go to all respective companies and their logo-designers, to all involved contributors on wikipedia, to the entire RealismOverhaul team and to TiktaalikDreaming for providing the 'North Amercan Rockwell Space Division' logo. And to the creator of the SSTU mod, I used one of his tanks as canvas for a screenshot of the Energomash logo.

Edited by h0yer
stuff^^

I might turn this into an actual "release" later that day after work :)

Added quite a few more logos and entries, probably fixed the folder structure issue, so hopefully no renaming of unpacked folders, and I have prepared the install for applying MM-patches, bringing some order into parts from the same manufacturer, buth with slight naming convention divergence, but first I need to learn how2. Additionally, version checking and I added an extra file containing more detailed credits.