EVE Online Skyboxes converted for KSP

kpolar

I take no credit for any of the images used in this mod. I found them here [link snipped by moderator]. All I did was write a simple bash script to convert the images into the format used by TextureReplacer/TextureReplacerReplaced. I used this very helpful tool in the script.

vW7Krp2.jpg

vt17Cov.jpg

The pictures above are from just one of over 70 skyboxes I converted from EVE online to be compatible with KSP. To use them, you first need TextureReplacerReplaced (or good old TextureReplacer if you're still running 1.2.) 

DOWNLOAD

There are two versions available for download. My first attempt led to the bottom panel of the skyboxes being slightly too dark, so I applied a gamma correction of 1.044 to each PositiveY tile in the following download.  Try this one first [link snipped by moderator]

If the bottom tiles of your skyboxes are too light, download the normal version here [link snipped by moderator].

WINDOWS/MAC USERS

You can use 7-zip to extract the archives, I think. Would be nice if someone verified this for me, I'm exclusively a Linux guy.

SOURCE CODE FOR THE INTERESTED (most of you can ignore this)

Tarball of the scripts I wrote and some meager instructions here. These scripts are in the public domain and you are free to use them any way you wish. Sphere2Cube is licensed under the AGPL and I am not involved with it's development in any way.

Edited by Snark
Removed links due to licensing problems

Hello @kpolar, and welcome to the forums!  :)

I'm sorry, but we've had to remove the download links from your post, due to licensing problems.  Please review the add-on posting rules.

Specific problems that need fixing:

• When you post a mod, you must plainly state what your license is.  (You don't have a license, here.)
  • If you include any content that's not your own,
    • you need to provide that content's license.  (You don't, here.)
    • that content's license has to be one that allows you to include it (i.e. you can't break that content's license)
    • that content's license has to be compatible with your own

In the current case, you're including content from EVE Online.  I don't know what the license is for that, but I suspect it's not public domain.  So you can't just put it in your mod for download without resolving that issue.

I followed the link you provided, for where you got the textures from.  That was another KSP forum post which, itself, simply provided an upload of EVE Online textures without any proof of being allowed to do so.  Therefore, I've snipped the link in that post, too.

Basically, here's what you need to do in order to be able to post this mod:

1. Find out what the license is for the EVE Online content.
    • It has to be something provable, that you can provide a link to.
    • Unfortunately, the place you cite as having gotten the textures from doesn't provide that info either, so this may  be difficult for you to do.
  2. Once you've determined what the license is, make sure it's one that allows you to bundle it into your mod.
    • For example, if it turns out to be something very restrictive that doesn't allow redistribution, such as "all rights reserved" or similar, then you're just out of luck and can't post your mod at all.
  3. If you can successfully pass #1 and #2 above, then you need to pick a license for your own mod that is compatible with the included content's license.
  4. Then you need to state in your forum post above what your license is.

I'm sorry to have to shoot you down, right on your first post in the forums.  :(  It looks like a cool mod you've made, and you've clearly put work into it and would love to share it.  However, there are certain rules that have to be followed, because lawyers and such.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.