Back after 5 years!

Neomex

Welcome back! like @Vanamonde said, There are a large number of changes. 5 years ago was when I first started playing and the game is very different. 

Some of the main changes are science, career, communications, aerodynamics, reentry heat, and a bunch of quality of life improvements.

KSP today is entirely different from 2012 KSP. You will likely stumble upon lots of suprises! Even the mods have changed. Back in 2012, a mod that allows you to make and change planets was unheard of, but now its super normal to have a planet pack. Graphics mods are also something you might want to look at.

Woah... 2012 puts you between 0.13 and 0.18, which is a wide range of time (0.18 was FIVE years ago? Wow, I'm getting old).

So, here's the main additions:

0.14 - persistence, the tracking station.

0.15 - Planes and the plane hangar. Right click on parts now. Patched conics. Rotate parts with WASDQE.

0.16 - EVA, IVA, 2.5m parts, launch clamps.

0.17 - better IVA's, multiple saves, PLANETS!

0.18 - Docking, MOAR PARTS, probes, maneuver nodes, and much more. Some say that this is the biggest update KSP has ever had.

0.19 - Rovers, facial expressions, and re-entry effects. Also, Linux!

0.20 - Flag planting and dozens of small changes and parts that imporve quality of gameplay.

0.21 - Overhauled space center. Crew management. Overhauled SAS.

0.22 - Career mode, science, biomes, and subassemblies.

0.23 - hybrid jet rocket engine and many smaller things.

0.23.5 - Asteroids and 3.75m parts. Have multiple quicksaves with alt+f5/f9.

0.24 - Money, reputation, and contracts for career mode.

0.25 - Vastly improved spaceplane parts, administration building, and destroyable buildings.

0.90 - VAB/SPH overhaul. Upgradable facilities, Kerbal experience, other stuff.

1.0 - Female Kerbals, mining, fairings, vastly improved aeridynamics, re-entry heat.

1.1 - Port to Unity 5, save upgrader.

1.2 - communications networks and antennas. Other small changes.

1.3 - KSP now comes in 5 languages.

I like it alot! Feels really polished now. Can definitely feel performance upgrade (even though my laptop is hot af and fans run on max speed). The stability wise I think I'm most happy with rockets themselves, they don't just bend anymore, you have to really mess up for that to happen :D

Steering itself is also much easier with all the help. I have no idea how I was doing manouvers last time I played.

For now I think I'll stick with sandbox, might do campaign at some point though.

https://imgur.com/a/9LxyF

Getting my Mun base started. I kinda no-lifed the game.

NHOJgC1.jpg