Youtube Channel?

JK_Kerbineer

Hey, I was thinking about starting a KSP youtube channel. I would really appreciate if I could get any tips on starting one.I think I might focus on cinematics, tutorials, or general gameplay.

However, I am in the planning phase, so anything will help!

Hey, I was thinking about starting a KSP youtube channel. I would really appreciate if I could get any tips on starting one.I think I might focus on cinematics, tutorials, or general gameplay.

However, I am in the planning phase, so anything will help!

Is english your first language or do you speak is fluently without a annoying accent? :) Than I suppose you could make videos where you talk English in. Otherwise I would suggest to just record in your mother tongue and add sbubtitles of something like that. 
The content can really be everything. When playing stock, you can make simple tutorials of subject where you think that a little bit more attention is needed. 
When modded you can review the mod and play with it. 
You could also start a new carreer with some challenges in it, so you can take us allong with the journey. 

There's a youtuber called Cosmonaut Crash who has been posting videos for over a year now iwth a really cool RSS/RO/RP-0 series. He plays and records everything, so all his mistakes are shown, which is for me a big pro when doing things like this. Maybe you could get some inspiration of his channel. :) 
Another really inspirating youtuber and forumuser is @hellblazer, he mainly foccused on cinematic, beautification and realism. The videos are shorther than the ones from Cosmonaut Crash, but you can see a lot of time has been taken to produce the content.

Also, make usre when uploading videos, that everything is covered, like a link to the KSP site, copyright intentions of the music that is used. Working links to a modlist or forumthread for instance.  
Let us know when you actually have some concepts or when the first youtube video is online. :) 

11 hours ago, Physics Student said:

What will you play? Stock, Modded or RO maybe?

Mostly modded, maybe a few challenges in RSS. If I get a new computer, then maybe RO. With my HP Pavillion, running RO may melt it :D

6 hours ago, DrLicor said:

Is english your first language or do you speak is fluently without a annoying accent? :) Than I suppose you could make videos where you talk English in. Otherwise I would suggest to just record in your mother tongue and add sbubtitles of something like that. 
The content can really be everything. When playing stock, you can make simple tutorials of subject where you think that a little bit more attention is needed. 
When modded you can review the mod and play with it. 
You could also start a new carreer with some challenges in it, so you can take us allong with the journey. 

Let us know when you actually have some concepts or when the first youtube video is online. :) 

While English is my first language, my voice does crack a lot so I might just display text on the screen. Speaking of that, does anyone know of any good, free video editors?

About my first youtube video, I record as soon as KSP starts ACTUALLY WORKING *cough* cough*

I have an idea. You might not like it but that's fine, I'm just suggesting things :)

So maybe start a thread where people can make 'custom battles' or something. Like maybe put a sort of budget in place (e.g, 100 parts) and everyone has to make a craft within that 100 part limit, and the craft has to have certain capabilities. Then you, as the coordinator, could have the participants send you photos and videos, which you would then post on YouTube. And it could be a community competition of sorts.

I'd personally like to see a warship competition :D

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.