[KSP 1.5.*] Outer Planets Mod[2.2.1] [25 April 2018]

Galileo

26 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Thank you for the helpful report. The 2.2.1 release distribution archive has been updated. By all means redownload OPM and now it should be fine.

Well, dunno if CKAN "allows that", but the web version info should've been the only to be updated IMHO.

16 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Well, dunno if CKAN "allows that", but the web version info should've been the only to be updated IMHO.

There were only just around 30 downloads of the release at the time and the file has been directly replaced with one of identical filename so CKAN will pick that up for future downloads. If you can't resolve an issue you have with CKAN, delete OPM manually and force install the OPM 2.2.1 package via CKAN's command line.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:15 PM, Poodmund said:

This branch of Outer Planets Mod is becoming the official release branch of OPM, and as such, the version of this recent release is continuing on from where CaptRobau left off with OPM 2.1.0, hence the large jump in versioning.

This thread will update to reflect this in due course.

The way OPM previously handled antenna/DSN changes was pretty aggressive in forcing changes onto the player. It changed power values not only for the Lvl3 DSN but also mutliplied all antenna power values by a large factor. This was probably not the best implementation of the desired effect as the vanilla KSP game has both an antenna and DSN power slider in the difficultly settings if the user ever wanted to increase or decrease the amount of power in these areas. Instead, what we have implemented now, is to revert these patches to stop OPM affecting the DSN level 3 power output and to stop it affecting any antennas, stock or modded, and instead introduced a Level 4 DSN unlock that gives the same power output as the old OPM level 3 did. With this DSN level 4 and a Comment 88-88/Ra-100, you only just be able to reach Plock when it comes down around its Periapsis so it's quite well balanced in that regard; however, please be aware that the mod Custom Barn Kit is required for this to take effect and it is currently not listed on CKAN as 1.4.2 compatible.

With regards to KCT compatibility, I have no idea, I've never used KCT so I don't know what it does, how it affects other parts of the game etc. If it doesn't work, you may want to poke the Dev about it (only if justifiable) to include exitensiblilty in KCT to recognize increased facility levels.

I'm late to the party again - Only now got around to updating the chart for OPM to show the reverted antenna boost and new Level 4 DSN.
(All credit to Poodmund's Spreadsheet Calculator for the numbers & Kergarin for the chart idea)
Chart from this thread for those interested in other views / charts
fBNqwSM.png

Edited by wile1411

Hi!

I have OPM and spectra installed, but my OPM doesn't seem to support it.

The stock planets look like if they have visual upgrades, mostly on atmospheric terms, but sarnus, its moons and beyond doesn't seem to have a visual upgrade to them.

i tried going onto tekto to see if that was a visual glitch but spectra didn't take effect.

i need help with this, please.

Edited by HolyJebediah

3 hours ago, HolyJebediah said:

Hi!

The stock planets look like if they have visual upgrades, mostly on atmospheric terms, but sarnus, its moons and beyond doesn't seem to have a visual upgrade to them.

i tried going onto tekto to see if that was a visual glitch but spectra didn't take effect.

i need help with this, please.

Spectra doesn’t work with OPM... it only gives the stock system any visuals. 

16 hours ago, HolyJebediah said:

Hi!

Ask the Spectra dev (Avera9eJoe) to provide support. It's entirely up to him what bodies his visual mod applies to.

9 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Maybe compatibility with ktolemy by @daniel l. ?

Ask daniel to provide support. In most cases it's up to the maker of the other planet mod how OPM blends in with that planet mod. 

Hi !

I'm having a little graphic issue with OPM. 

When i open the tracking station and zoom on a body there is a little bit of clipping with the trajectories lines of others planets.

It is normal or can i fix it ? If i can how please ? 

NB: I use CKAN and have EVE, SVE and planetshine installed.

53 minutes ago, Lestat426 said:

Hi !

I'm having a little graphic issue with OPM. 

When i open the tracking station and zoom on a body there is a little bit of clipping with the trajectories lines of others planets.

It is normal or can i fix it ? If i can how please ? 

NB: I use CKAN and have EVE, SVE and planetshine installed.

If you mean the orbit lines are jittery, then yes, that’s normal. It’s a bug in KSP. Bodies were not meant to be placed outside of Eeloo, and when they are, you get that issue.

37 minutes ago, Data said:

ckan has "opm galileo" and "outer planets mod". both link to this thread, which one should I install? or both?

They essentially point to the same download at the moment, however, OPM Galileo is being frozen on CKAN going forward and we will be continuing the distribution as 'Outer Planets Mod' officially from here on out. So just install that one. :D 

7 hours ago, Poodmund said:

They essentially point to the same download at the moment, however, OPM Galileo is being frozen on CKAN going forward and we will be continuing the distribution as 'Outer Planets Mod' officially from here on out. So just install that one. :D 

thank you

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Yes. Should this apply to all old versions, or should any of them stay (e.g., for KSP 1.3)?

OPM Galileo can be removed completely. The new OPM should also be available for 1.3.1, so any old instance of “ OPM Galileo” should be wiped.

On 9/26/2017 at 8:09 AM, Galileo said:

PlanetShine isn't very modular, so you'll have to install it first and let OPM overwrite it, for the new planets and moons to get their colors.

(quote from OP)

This is not the case anymore since years, it uses ModuleManager, this sentence should be removed :P

You should also edit the mod URL, since I'm not maintaining it anymore and @Papa_Joe took it over:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173138-141-planetshine-0261-mar-28-2018/

Edited by Valerian

38 minutes ago, Valerian said:

(quote from OP)

This is not the case anymore since years, it uses ModuleManager, this sentence should be removed :P

You should also edit the mod URL, since I'm not maintaining it anymore and @Papa_Joe took it over:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/173138-141-planetshine-0261-mar-28-2018/

Thank you for the heads up, Valerian. That particular portion of text was from the original OPM OP as far as I am aware so it probably needs looking over then. I'll look into how we patch in Planet Shine and update it accordingly.