Galileo

[KSP 1.5.*] Outer Planets Mod[2.2.1] [25 April 2018]

Outer Planets Mod 

The Outer Planets Mod is a mod that expands the outer edges of the Kerbol system to create something akin to the real Solar System's. It adds Kerbalized versions of Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto as well as several of these planets' moons. These faraway planets provide a challenge rarely encountered in Kerbal Space Program; you'll have to figure out new transfer windows, manage your power supply differently, provide your spacecraft with more Delta-V and be ready to travel years or even decades.

Change Log

v2.2.2

• Converted all biome maps to Palette 4bpp/8bpp .dds formats to improve loading time and OD functionality.
  • Removed Custom Asteroids integration in favor of using Kopernicus' Asteroids module.
  • Included configs for "Classic Stock" resource system if present.

v2.2.1

• Fixed errors in Slate and Wal's normal map paths causing them not to use OnDemand loading effectively.

v2.2.0

• Upscaled and redefined all biome maps to 4096x2048px.
  • Changed biome map formats to .png and clamped color palettes to only those colors in the configs.
  • Redefined Tekto's liquid coasts (added ocean and land where necessary) in the color map, land/sea mask and adjust biome map to suit.
  • Added Inland Lagoons biome to Tekto to account for inland liquid regions.
  • Fixed Science Definitions file to correctly assign experiments.
  • Moved Eeloo's new description string to the localization file.
  • Removed antenna and DSN multiplier patches and introduced a Level 4 Tracking Station upgrade to give the extended range required for communications.
  • Removed Stock Science Multipliers patch and redid Science Values for all OPM bodies to fall in line with stock body value consistency. Users can now adjust the Science Multiplier in their Difficulty Settings to suit their preference.

Features

• Explore 17 highly detailed planets and moons, all in a stock-a-like artstyle

• Discover never before seen worlds, such as a subsatellite, Trojan moon or a set of binary bodies

• Collect science in over 140 biomes, with almost a thousand unique science blurbs

• Custom terrain textures and improved ground scatter has made planets and moons never look so good up close

• A full set of KSPedia entries for OPM’s various bodies helps you to navigate the far reaches of the Kerbol system

• Extensive third-party mod integration means you can play OPM with a whole range of other mod
  • Includes a Level 4 Tracking Station upgrade (requires CustomBarnKit) to boost your communication range out to the furthest reaches of the system without requiring additional modded antennas

Supported Mods

• PlanetShine adds light reflecting off planets and moons to illuminate your ships. The Outer Planets Mod supports PlanetShine and if it's installed, it will cast spacecraft close to Sarnus, Urlum and Neidon in colored light that really adds to the visual experience of the new planets. PlanetShine isn't very modular, so you'll have to install it first and let OPM overwrite it, for the new planets and moons to get their colors.

• Distant Object Enhancement adds flares for faraway planets and moons, so that they're visible even from Kerbin's surface (like in real-life). The Outer Planets Mod supports DOE and if installed, will display correctly colored flares for the new planets.

• Final Frontier adds personal merits to Kerbals. It'll help you keep track of which Kerbonaut went where and when, with nice looking badges. The Outer Planets Mod supports this with custom badges for the new planets and moons.

• ResearchBodies let’s you discover all the planets in the Kerbol System through a telescope. The Outer Planets Mod supports ResearchBodies and if it's installed, you'll need to discover the planets first before sending any spacecraft to the planets.

• Community Resource Pack gives modders a toolkit of commonly used resources to play with, and helps us all work together in the same resource playground. The Outer Planets Mod supports CRP and if it's installed, it will add resources to OPM's planets which later can be extracted to make fuel or life support.

• SigmaBinary helps change Plock and Karen into a binary system, like their real-life inspirations. This means that the two orbit around a common barycenter, a point of gravity between the two. This gravitational dance is rarely seen in mods and is quite the spectacle.

• CustomAsteroids allows Outer Planets Mod to add the same procedural asteroids to other places than Dres and . If you have it installed, you'll see asteroid 'moons' around Jool, Sarnus, Urlum, Neidon and Plock.

DOWNLOAD

Installation

• Download and Install the latest Kopernicus: LINK

• Download and install Custom Barn Kit. LINK
    This extends the DSN ranges so your vessels can communicate from the outer planets.

• Download Outer Planets Mod: LINK

• Drop the OPM folder into your GameData folder.

The original thread is located here:

This version of OPM retains the original License: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
by_nc_sa_2.png

Edited by Galileo
  • Like 34

Professional. :)

Edited by JadeOfMaar
  • Like 1

Version 1.2.2 is up on GitHub
CKAN will be updated whenever a CKAN guy fixes/merges the netkan.

Change Log

• This just moves the CTTP folder outside of the OPM folder to facilitate better compatibility in the future.

Download in the OP

Edited by Galileo

10 minutes ago, ioresult said:

CTTP\Textures folder is now empty!

How did you install?? If you say CKAN please read the comment above yours.

Edited by Galileo

From Github.

CTTP folder is outside OPM yes, but it also contains a subfolder named "Textures". This filder used to contain a bunch of DDS files, such as beach.dds, cliff.dds, gravel.dds, etc. These terrain textures aren't in any other folder anymore. Is that what you wanted, completely removing all terrain textures?

If I look at the latest OPM from @CaptRobau (v2.1), CTTP is outside OPM and the Textures folder contains all these .dds files.

Are you saying that they're not needed?

1 minute ago, ioresult said:

From Github.

CTTP folder is outside OPM yes, but it also contains a subfolder named "Textures". This filder used to contain a bunch of DDS files, such as beach.dds, cliff.dds, gravel.dds, etc. These terrain textures aren't in any other folder anymore. Is that what you wanted, completely removing all terrain textures?

If I look at the latest OPM from @CaptRobau (v2.1), CTTP is outside OPM and the Textures folder contains all these .dds files.

Are you saying that they're not needed?

I'll take a look

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ioresult said:

Also, .version file still says 1.2.1

Try the download now

• Like 1

Bonus: the boulders on Tekto now have a rocky texture! I always thought of them as blocks of ice, they were so white.

• Like 1

Hot dang. Thank you for not forgetting us stock+ folks. GPP is on the to-play list too, though :wink:

19 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Hot dang. Thank you for not forgetting us stock+ folks. GPP is on the to-play list too, though :wink:

You can do both... :wink: 

15 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Install GPP_Secondary!!

I'm Stock + OPM + GPP_Secondary... life is gud!!

You'll need a warp drive though :)

I like this one  personally 

Edited by TheKurgan
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Galileo said:

You can do both... :wink: 

21 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Install GPP_Secondary!!

I'm Stock + OPM + GPP_Secondary... life is gud!!

You'll need a warp drive though :)

I like this one  personally 

Wait -- what is this wizardry?

This'll be good for wasting MANY hours of drizzly autumn weather. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

This'll be good for wasting MANY hours of drizzly autumn weather. :)

It's wasted many many hours of perfectly fine weather for me LOL!

• Like 4

Hello.

Is OPM compatible with Galileo Planet Pack? I mean, can I install OPM alongside GPP to have more planets or will it break something?

It would be so cool to have so many planets together...

2 hours ago, bonzo_bvd said:

Hello.

Is OPM compatible with Galileo Planet Pack? I mean, can I install OPM alongside GPP to have more planets or will it break something?

It would be so cool to have so many planets together...

It is. Just install them together and see where OPM ends up.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It is. Just install them together and see where OPM ends up.

Can it be added to an existing OPM career? 

25 minutes ago, Assassinsat said:

Probably not. It's typically a bad idea to change planet mods mid-game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Assassinsat said:

As OPM has discrete body references in the configs for the celestial bodies that have not been changed between the official OPM and OPM_Galileo, it should be fine to add to an existing OPM career save. You will want to delete the existing OPM and CTTP folders before installing this mod. However, as with all game changing mods like this, it's probably best to make a backup of your install just in case.

EDIT: OPM_Galileo in fact removes the FlightGlobalsIndex body references from the body configs, to ensure compatibility with previous versions of the official release these will have to be edited in to your configs with the values of the old official release configs.

Edited by Poodmund
  • Like 1

Hello!

I have installed GPP, OPM_GALILEO and Research Bodies along with many other mods. I thought OPM was not compatible with GPP because I can't see planet Sarnus in the tracking station nor map view. I have reviewed Research Bodies configuration and Sarnus should be ignored and visible from the very beginning (no research needed). When I check the Observatory it says Sarnus is fully researched, as expected.

How can I troubleshoot this? I'm not afraid searching the logs, but I don't know what to look for. I have installed GPP with CKAN but OPM_galileo by hand because CTTP folder was moved outside OPM folder as I have read in this thread.

Thank you very much.