[KSP 1.5.*] Outer Planets Mod[2.2.1] [25 April 2018]

Galileo

In Module Manager 3.0.0 and above using @EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*] doesn't work anymore and I guess should never have worked to begin with.  Removing the [*] appears to make everything functional again though more thorough testing is probably needed.

\OPM\OPM_ScienceDefs.cfg was the cfg that I found that needed modification.

i made this exact post yesterday in my own thread, and someone told me to come here to ask for help. i followed every instruction in the description of the mod, and result 1 popped up (you'll see what i mean in a second). if it is even possible to still install OPM, i would appreciate someone telling me how. thanks! :)

Anyways, i've been struggling to find a way to install OPM because it's my very first mod. i have installed tons of different versions of Kopernicus, and different versions of the planet pack, trying them in all of KSP's versions from when the mod was released up to 1.3.1, and i always get 3 results:

1st: everything starts out OK, as the game loads up i can see items from the planet pack being loaded, but once i get into the main menu, a screen pops up saying there was an error in the loading process, and loading your saves is not recommended, because it could corrupt them. This is the most common result. if i ignore this message and start a new save, it leads into the second result.

2nd: everything is OK until i either continue a save or make a new one. i then get an infinite loading screen with the KSC night crickets playing in the background. i have given this loading screen hours to do anything, and nothing happened. 

3rd: the game goes up to the KSC, and when i check the tracking station, Sarnus, Urlum, Neidon and Plock are nowhere to be found.

I have been trying to install the mod for 3 days now, and these three results keep coming up with no matter what advice i take and what combination of Kopernicus, OPM and KSP updates i try. it's really frustrating! :( so if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. thanks again! :)

Edited by Bluecrafter07

9 minutes ago, Bluecrafter07 said:

i made this exact post yesterday in my own thread, and someone told me to come here to ask for help. i followed every instruction in the description of the mod, and result 1 popped up (you'll see what i mean in a second). if it is even possible to still install OPM, i would appreciate someone telling me how. thanks! :)

Anyways, i've been struggling to find a way to install OPM because it's my very first mod. i have installed tons of different versions of Kopernicus, and different versions of the planet pack, trying them in all of KSP's versions from when the mod was released up to 1.3.1, and i always get 3 results:

1st: everything starts out OK, as the game loads up i can see items from the planet pack being loaded, but once i get into the main menu, a screen pops up saying there was an error in the loading process, and loading your saves is not recommended, because it could corrupt them. This is the most common result. if i ignore this message and start a new save, it leads into the second result.

2nd: everything is OK until i either continue a save or make a new one. i then get an infinite loading screen with the KSC night crickets playing in the background. i have given this loading screen hours to do anything, and nothing happened. 

3rd: the game goes up to the KSC, and when i check the tracking station, Sarnus, Urlum, Neidon and Plock are nowhere to be found.

I have been trying to install the mod for 3 days now, and these three results keep coming up with no matter what advice i take and what combination of Kopernicus, OPM and KSP updates i try. it's really frustrating! :( so if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. thanks again! :)

Please see the “how to get support” button in my signature and post a screenshot of you gamedata folder 

Edited by Galileo

59 minutes ago, Bluecrafter07 said:

My first advice is to use the most up to date versions of everything.  It ought to work with the new versions, so using outdated stuff isn't really helpful.  Install the most current versions and then provide the information requested by Galileo.  Someone should then be able to figure out what you're doing wrong.

1 hour ago, OhioBob said:

My first advice is to use the most up to date versions of everything.  It ought to work with the new versions, so using outdated stuff isn't really helpful.  Install the most current versions and then provide the information requested by Galileo.  Someone should then be able to figure out what you're doing wrong.

i just did so, and result 1 popped up. thanks for the suggestion though.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Please see the “how to get support” button in my signature and post a screenshot of you gamedata folder 

Sorry to be a bit nooby, but i'm new to this whole forum thing, i actually only made this account to get the opm thing working. how do i get there? when i chick on your name, i can't find the button. sorry for bugging you! :/

25 minutes ago, Bluecrafter07 said:

Sorry to be a bit nooby, but i'm new to this whole forum thing, i actually only made this account to get the opm thing working. how do i get there? when i chick on your name, i can't find the button. sorry for bugging you! :/

Welcome. :) Forum users who tell you to click on them to get where you need to go will likely have a signature (an area under any of their posts, containing links and pics). Mine, for example, leads to mods I own and make. What Galileo means is for you to click the red button in his signature and it clearly says in it "How to get support." Once you understand how to provide a log for modders to diagnose, post your log somewhere online (not into the forum itself) and then share a link so the modder can access it.

9 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Welcome. :) Forum users who tell you to click on them to get where you need to go will likely have a signature (an area under any of their posts, containing links and pics). Mine, for example, leads to mods I own and make. What Galileo means is for you to click the red button in his signature and it clearly says in it "How to get support." Once you understand how to provide a log for modders to diagnose, post your log somewhere online (not into the forum itself) and then share a link so the modder can access it.

ohhhh! i thought it was on his page, not in that little box below my comment! i didn't see it there! thank you so much!

22 hours ago, Bluecrafter07 said:

Hi! after reading Galileo's help page, turns out all i did was not put the folders that were in the downloaded GameData folder into the real GameData folder. thanks for everyone's help though! i'm cuurently taking a tour of the Sarnus system and it's breathtaking! :D

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NSEP said:

Awesome mod! I only have one slight problem: This mod disables all scatterer effects on Kerbin for some reason: Maybe it has something to do with Kopernicus. Ill check, here is the log:

Please do not post huge logs into posts as it can break the forum formatting. Could you please host the log externally, on a site such as Pastebin, and then link to it in your post?

3 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Please do not post huge logs into posts as it can break the forum formatting. Could you please host the log externally, on a site such as Pastebin, and then link to it in your post?

Yeah, ill try that when i can. Thanks.

I fixed the problem by re-installing scaterrer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody !

I was thinking coming here for said that this job is great !

But....

I cant get it to work ! :(

I have try to clean my gamedata and get just :
koper 1.3 (1.2 tried too)
OPM 1.2.4
Modularflight & module manager gived with them

But when i launch the game, after the loading, main-menu music start on a black screen with the in-game loading logo in the right corner and nothing else... (waited 25/30minutes)
(with koper backport 1.2, game load but no trace of OPM in game..)

Ps : im on linux,  and usually use a ton of mod with no problem..
here's the player.log and the screenshot of the gamedata folder : www.transfernow.net/aa2d20g7eed9

Thanks to help me to have a greater playing field... :D

EDIT : IT WORKS <3

After many configuration try, it finally accept to launch with the last version of kopernicus, and the gived versions of modularflightintegrator and module manager 2.8.1...
No idea where i was wrong... :/

So, i'm looking right now my new planet in the space center and... Wow, looks great Guys !!! NICE WORK :D

Edited by Stig73
change to resolved

1 hour ago, CaptRobau said:

Hey @Galileo I updated the Spacedock, Curseforge and forum thread to include a link at the top that redirects them to this thread.

Hey thanks! Hit me up with a GitHub account name so i can add you as a collaborator!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, I just got to Eeloo for the first time ever, and I noticed the experiments still reference the fact that it's supposed to be a pluto-esque planet, rather than a moon. Is there any chance you could change the descriptions for the experiments to reference its new moon status?

• 2 weeks later...

OPM_Galileo 1.2.5

Supports Kopernicus before and after the planet-breaker v1.3.1-4

• Added Kopernicus asteroids (No longer entirely needs the Custom Asteroids mod)
  • Resources for Far Future Technologies
  • Fixed MM syntax for science definitions
  • Fixed Nissee localization error
  • No longer includes MM dll
  • OPM's Planetshine deactivates if GPP is present. Evidently Planetshine doesn't work well or at all for planets orbiting stars other than Sun.
  • Updated ResearchBodies part upgrade config.
  • Arranged Optional Mods folder: contains FinalFrontier support
  • Rearranged and converted textures for better use of LoadOnDemand
  • Removed a file that was breaking OPM's FinalFrontier support

Download and install instructions in the OP.