[KSP 1.5.*] Outer Planets Mod[2.2.1] [25 April 2018]

Galileo

Hi, I believe I've encountered a bug caused by OPM. On Minmus, when you click the button in the right click menu to perform an experiment, the expected log for the science experiment doesn't appear, and the output log throws the following error:

Spoiler

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at CBAttributeMapSO.GetAtt (Double lat, Double lon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScienceUtil.GetExperimentBiome (.CelestialBody body, Double lat, Double lon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceExperiment+<gatherData>c__Iterator87.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I'm not sure what triggers the issue, but i think it may be either going EVA or landing on the surface. The full output log can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzqqu04ttbde8yr/output_log.txt?dl=0

This was tested using no other mods except OPM and it's required dependencies, on a Windows 7 x64 operating system. If you need any other information, just ask and I'll be happy to supply it. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Raven Industries said:

Hi, I believe I've encountered a bug caused by OPM. On Minmus, when you click the button in the right click menu to perform an experiment, the expected log for the science experiment doesn't appear, and the output log throws the following error:

Hide contents

at CBAttributeMapSO.GetAtt (Double lat, Double lon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScienceUtil.GetExperimentBiome (.CelestialBody body, Double lat, Double lon) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleScienceExperiment+<gatherData>c__Iterator87.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I'm not sure what triggers the issue, but i think it may be either going EVA or landing on the surface. The full output log can be found here:

This was tested using no other mods except OPM and it's required dependencies, on a Windows 7 x64 operating system. If you need any other information, just ask and I'll be happy to supply it. Thanks!

There is a bug in Kopernicus that is being fixed and will be released soon. 

1 hour ago, tmccreight651 said:

Try running the x64 version and see if that helps. There really is no reason to still be playing the x32. 

Also what version of Kopernicus are you running?

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Try running the x64 version and see if that helps. There really is no reason to still be playing the x32. 

Also what version of Kopernicus are you running?

im using the most up to date version of kopernicus, im actually really OCD about my mods being updated

11 minutes ago, tmccreight651 said:

im using the most up to date version of kopernicus, im actually really OCD about my mods being updated

Did you try running the game in x64? I cannot reproduce your issue

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:18 AM, Galileo said:

I have this same bug. Not sure if it helps or if you have this information already, but it also affects the 'biome' display of Kerbal Engineer Redux, both in the HUD and the Engineer panel. If 'biome' is selected as a visible piece of information, whateber it is in - be it the HUD or the panel - will disappear entirely until 'biome' is deselected as an option, then they pop up again.

Edited by bonalste

On 2/17/2018 at 8:36 PM, Raven Industries said:

Reveal hidden contents

On 2/17/2018 at 10:18 PM, Galileo said:

well hope it comes out soon I just got the same bug its a bit annoying o well wasn't going to be exploring that far out yet anyway so I can wait but cant wait for it to be fixed

Hi, I know mechjeb isnt your project but I'm hoping you can help as this mod seems to break mechjebs landing guidance on minmus. While in orbit around minmus picking a landing target does not display coordinates and only focuses on minmus. As far as I can tell, minmus is the only planet/moon affected. This link https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/issues/996 will take you to the bug report I've given mechjebs creator.
https://nofile.io/f/KDOQSucmm4E/KSP.log
https://nofile.io/f/MZAWEOxsSM1/output_log.txt
With OPM
36635852-3ceca49a-198a-11e8-82ab-afa90e3
Without OPM
36635807-8bb04fa6-1989-11e8-9239-d6160ff

Edited by GhastlyKerbal

@GhastlyKerbalhave you tried without OPM and Kopernicus? If the issue persists, the problem is with mechjeb alone. If it only happens with Kopernicus and OPM installed, it could be an issue with Kopernicus and a bug report for then woul be necessary there too. I would also double check that you have the absolute latest version of mechjeb as issues like this tend to pop up every now and again then. First things first, replicate the issue with the bare minimum amount of mods installed so it’s not a nightmare for the devs to go through. If you have already done that, Great. I will take a look at your logs when I get home.

Edited by Galileo

@Galileo Uninstalling OPM fixes it enabling me to select the landing coordinates correctly so I'm fairly certain there's some sort of bug or something going on between Mechjeb and OPM. I've done as you suggested and uninstalled everything but the two of them and the problem remains. I've updated the log. https://nofile.io/f/MZAWEOxsSM1/output_log.txt

Edited by GhastlyKerbal

After getting some weird texture bugs with the OPM planets, I realized that I needed to update the Kopernicus mod. Upon doing so, the game began to crash before it finished loading.

This crash only happens with OPM installed, and works fine with just Kopernicus. (I'm specifically using OPM 1.2.5 and Kopernicus 1.3.1-6) I'm using quite a few other mods that I can list if you need me to, but I believe this is just an issue with OPM and Kopernicus.

Here's the "KSP.log" file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryif1hr84ejfse4/KSP.log?dl=0

Thanks in advance. This is my first time dealing with a crash like this, so sorry if I'm doing something dumb or not providing the right files/info. I really like this mod and I'm glad that you're working to keep it updated and bug-free.

EDIT : Reverting to Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 will "fix" the crash issue, but not the unfortunate texture bug.

Edited by SnailsAttack

5 hours ago, SnailsAttack said:

After getting some weird texture bugs with the OPM planets, I realized that I needed to update the Kopernicus mod. Upon doing so, the game began to crash before it finished loading.

This crash only happens with OPM installed, and works fine with just Kopernicus. (I'm specifically using OPM 1.2.5 and Kopernicus 1.3.1-6) I'm using quite a few other mods that I can list if you need me to, but I believe this is just an issue with OPM and Kopernicus.

Here's the "KSP.log" file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryif1hr84ejfse4/KSP.log?dl=0

Thanks in advance. This is my first time dealing with a crash like this, so sorry if I'm doing something dumb or not providing the right files/info. I really like this mod and I'm glad that you're working to keep it updated and bug-free.

EDIT : Reverting to Kopernicus 1.3.1-3 will "fix" the crash issue, but not the unfortunate texture bug.

I will need the output log, because the KSP.log wont tell me where or why it crashed. I think on OSX the output log is called  "player.log"

5 hours ago, GhastlyKerbal said:

@Galileo Uninstalling OPM fixes it enabling me to select the landing coordinates correctly so I'm fairly certain there's some sort of bug or something going on between Mechjeb and OPM. I've done as you suggested and uninstalled everything but the two of them and the problem remains. I've updated the log. https://nofile.io/f/MZAWEOxsSM1/output_log.txt

yep this looks like its caused by the same bug thats effecting biomes and throwing a lot of errors. Its a kopernicus issue and is known to the developer. A fix should be forthcoming soon.

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, SnailsAttack said:

This took a surprising amount of digging.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8fglgf63aa36o4w/Player.log?dl=0

Anyways, thanks again.

I went ahead and gave these logs to the kopernicus dev, and neither of us can see why it would be crashing. What i can recommendis trying the latest version of kopernicus that was released to day. Maybe it will work for you then.

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

I went ahead and gave these logs to the kopernicus dev, and neither of us can see why it would be crashing. What i can recommendis trying the latest version of kopernicus that was released to day. Maybe it will work for you then.

I forgot to mention that I had started using that version when I switched from kopernicus 1.3.1-3 (the latest version of kopernicus that works) to make sure I had an accurate player.log.

Maybe I could try selectively removing different mods and see if there's some sort of weird incompatibilities. I dunno. I'll tell you if anything comes up.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

Edited by SnailsAttack