[KSP 1.5.*] Outer Planets Mod[2.2.1] [25 April 2018]

Galileo

Seems like all the dependencies for this mod are updated for 1.4+. I would love to play with this, but I'd like confirmation before I get the 1.3 version and mixing with Kopernicus and Barn Kit for 1.4.

23 hours ago, bigyihsuan said:

Seems like all the dependencies for this mod are updated for 1.4+. I would love to play with this, but I'd like confirmation before I get the 1.3 version and mixing with Kopernicus and Barn Kit for 1.4.

This mod is the only thing holding me back from upgrading to 1.4

BTW all of the 1.4 dependencies work fine with my 1.3.1 build.

Edited by HooHungLow

5 hours ago, HooHungLow said:

This mod is the only thing holding me back from upgrading to 1.4

BTW all of the 1.4 dependencies work fine with my 1.3.1 build.

How much stuff is broken? Just so that I don't corrupt my save or something if I do try to install the 1.3 version of this.

9 minutes ago, bigyihsuan said:

How much stuff is broken? Just so that I don't corrupt my save or something if I do try to install the 1.3 version of this.

Nothing is broken at all for me. I noticed some altitude errors regarding sigma early on, but that has since gone away. 

Here was the error:

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:GetComponentFastPath (System.Type,intptr)
  at UnityEngine.Component.GetComponent[PQSCity] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SigmaDimensionsPlugin.PQSCityFixer.FixAltitude () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) TimingManager/UpdateAction:invoke_void__this__ ()
  at TimingManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

6 minutes ago, HooHungLow said:

Nothing is broken at all for me.

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Nothing should really be broken, but do not expect support from me until I update to 1.4.X if you so choose to use this version.

Yeah, I'll absolutely wait for you to officially release the 1.4.x version... hopefully this means your job will be a relatively easy one.

No hurry, and thank you again!!!  :)

Edited by Just Jim

6 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Nothing should really be broken, but do not expect support from me until I update to 1.4.X if you so choose to use this version.

Just to be clear I am using 1.3.1, and OPM 1.3.1. All of the dependencies are 1.4.x but they don't seem to be messing up my 1.3.1 build at all. 

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah, I'll absolutely wait for you to officially release the 1.4.x version... hopefully this means your job will be a relatively easy one.

No hurry, and thank you again!!!  :)

Very soon @Just Jim. Just have to free up some time from work to get some testing done! This semester just started and I have 4 classes to teach, so I’m really busy, but I should have some time this weekend :) 

24 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Very soon @Just Jim. Just have to free up some time from work to get some testing done! This semester just started and I have 4 classes to teach, so I’m really busy, but I should have some time this weekend :) 

No problem, I totally understand. I'm currently rebuilding my career game to add in the new Making History stuff, and I'm no where near ready to start adding mods back in, so I'm good.

Besides, I totally agree, real life has to come first... especially if you're teaching!!! :wink:

51 minutes ago, Galileo said:

UPDATE

Change log

• Update for 1.4.X
  • Corrected localization sytax
  • Fixed Biomes for Polta and Wal

Download and install instructions in the OP

I just installed the previous version to try it in 1.4.2. Boot it up, and I am asked if I want to update... :D

@Galileo I added it and started a new career.

There is an issue with CustomBarnKit somehow - I also use the following mods which have own CustomBarnKit patches:

• JX2Antenna
  • SETI-CustomBarnKit-Config (the nearly whole SETI / UbM and the UbM Extended configs)
  • Strategia

and also Antenna Helper - but this is set to CommNet.

In SPC a right click on Tracking Station shows this:
6dww0zz.png

and this is written to the log then:

ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter CommNetParams!
  at GameParameters.CustomParams[CommNetParams] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CustomBarnKit.CustomGameVariables.GetDSNRange (Single level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Upgradeables.KSCFacilityLevelText.GetValue (System.String valueTag, Single facilityLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Upgradeables.KSCFacilityLevelText.ProcessTextTags (System.String src, Single level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Upgradeables.KSCFacilityLevelText.GetText (Single normLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Upgradeables.UpgradeableFacility.GetLevelText (Int32 lvl) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Upgradeables.UpgradeableFacility.GetLevelText () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KSCFacilityContextMenu.OnFacilityValuesModified () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KSCFacilityContextMenu.CreateWindowContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.AnchoredDialog.CreatePanel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.AnchoredDialog.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

but when I click the Upgrade button it is upgraded as it seems because I'm charged 50,000

I also use the new Settings Master mod from @linuxgurugamer and it seems there also is an issue, dunno if they're related.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpm74p08i4cy4gt/2018-04-05_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Edited by Gordon Dry

3 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Galileo I added it and started a new career.

There is an issue with CustomBarnKit somehow - I also use the following mods which have own CustomBarnKit patches:

• JX2Antenna
  • SETI-CustomBarnKit-Config (the nearly whole SETI / UbM and the UbM Extended configs)
  • Strategia

and also Antenna Helper - but this is set to CommNet.

In SPC a right click on Tracking Station shows this:
6dww0zz.png

and this is written to the log then:

ArgumentException: Couldn't find custom parameter CommNetParams!
  at GameParameters.CustomParams[CommNetParams] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CustomBarnKit.CustomGameVariables.GetDSNRange (Single level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Upgradeables.KSCFacilityLevelText.GetValue (System.String valueTag, Single facilityLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Upgradeables.KSCFacilityLevelText.ProcessTextTags (System.String src, Single level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Upgradeables.KSCFacilityLevelText.GetText (Single normLevel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Upgradeables.UpgradeableFacility.GetLevelText (Int32 lvl) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Upgradeables.UpgradeableFacility.GetLevelText () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KSCFacilityContextMenu.OnFacilityValuesModified () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.KSCFacilityContextMenu.CreateWindowContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.AnchoredDialog.CreatePanel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.AnchoredDialog.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

but when I click to the Upgrade button it is upgraded as it seems because I'm charged 50,000

I also use the new Settings Master mod from @linuxgurugamer and it seems there also is an issue, dunno if they're related.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpm74p08i4cy4gt/2018-04-05_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Have you narrowed down the issue to OPM specifically, or are you just assuming? I only provide a cfg. If something has changed with CBK that I don't know about, then there might be an issue, but I dont think there were any changes that could break my cfg. If the issue persists with JUST opm installed, I can take a look, otherwise, I'll have to assume the issue lies elsewhere. 

Edited by Galileo

@Galileo Well, I only added OPM and the Settings Master mod before I started the game and started a new career, OPM is the only new addition that affects the CustomBarnKit somehow.

So I do assume to be honest, but what should I do? I have to start anywhere where it seems to be appropriate.

4 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Galileo Well, I only added OPM and the Settings Master mod before I started the game and started a new career, OPM is the only new addition that affects the CustomBarnKit somehow.

So I do assume to be honest, but what should I do? I have to start anywhere where it seems to be appropriate.

I just checked and get zero issue with CBK. Your problem lies somewhere else. Like I said, you need to narrow down which mod is causing the problem and take your issue to that dev. Remove mods and add them back a few at a time until the issue appears. 

Edited by Galileo

8 minutes ago, korniton said:

Hey everyone.

Im curious if this changes the orginal planets to something else or does it add a new "galaxy"?

Thank you

(unless I'm mistaken) -- This is a continuation of OPM, which simply adds additional planets past Jool and completes the rest of the analogues with our own solar system. GPP (Galileo's Planet Pack) is an entirely new system, and then there's even GPP+OPM that adds the second star, etc. :wink:

Thank you very much,

I was looking for some planet packs that keep the system as it is and add more. I have a hard time finding any for 1.4.x. Still waiting for KSS to update.

Thanks again :D

2 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

(unless I'm mistaken) -- This is a continuation of OPM, which simply adds additional planets past Jool and completes the rest of the analogues with our own solar system. GPP (Galileo's Planet Pack) is an entirely new system, and then there's even GPP+OPM that adds the second star, etc. :wink:

Hey guys, great mod, but I've been looking through the post for some info and can't figure it out, so... Do I have to use the Community Resource Pack to get resources on the new planets etc, or do they come with the "stock" resources on them?

23 minutes ago, UltraVires said:

Hey guys, great mod, but I've been looking through the post for some info and can't figure it out, so... Do I have to use the Community Resource Pack to get resources on the new planets etc, or do they come with the "stock" resources on them?

They will have ore like the rest of the stock bodies if you don’t use CRP

18 minutes ago, UltraVires said:

If you install Community Resource Pack, you will have access to its resources on all of the bodies-- whether in the ground, in Tekto's oceans, in atmosphere or even in space. If you don't install it, you only get Ore. That's how it works, and it applies to any and every planet mod. :) 

--NINJASSSS