[KSP 1.5.*] Outer Planets Mod[2.2.1] [25 April 2018]

Galileo

I'm posting here because I can't seem to find the kopernicus thread. IT seems like all links that lead to it are broken, probably due to some forum change. 

My question is; is it possible to use kopernicus to reverse the direction that a planet spins? And if so, how would I do that? I want to make Eve spin backwards, like Venus does. 

4 hours ago, Errol said:

I'm posting here because I can't seem to find the kopernicus thread. IT seems like all links that lead to it are broken, probably due to some forum change.

The Kopernicus thread is here:

[snip]

Edited by adsii1970
A portion of the post not directly related to OPM was removed.

• 3 weeks later...

I've not done this before so i hope i got it right and sent the right files etc...

The planets from OPM don't appear for me in the the game. could someone tell me what i'm doing wrong please :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fYrHGJ0VHcWjqH3QppWAvMNwHFcUxP6h?usp=sharing

Thank you.

Edit: Never mind, i reloaded the game a few times and now it's working for me :D

Edited by TRN Noodle

On 4/2/2019 at 10:41 PM, TaintedLion said:

How can I get clouds and SVT to work with this mod?

SVT only modifies the textures of the stock system, it should be indifferent to OPM. For clouds, you need EVE, and then you need SVE, which will give you clouds for both stock and OPM. OPM-VO might work, but I don't think it's been updated for recent versions of the game. GPP also has cloud configs for stock and OPM, in addition to its own.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Ribby Kerman said:

I am still on KSP 1.3.0, which version of this mod and its dependencies do I need to download?

In the description of each release on Github, it says what version it was developed for. You will have to go there and scroll down a bit.

18 minutes ago, Ribby Kerman said:

Ok, but would the newer versions work?

All of Galileo's releases will work. Planet mods (that use Kopernicus) tend to never break. Just be sure you have the right Kopernicus for your KSP.

31 minutes ago, Ribby Kerman said:

I also need module manager.

Definitely. ;) The vast majority of mods need MM.

Did you follow the instructions in the download page on GitHub?

Did you install CTTP which is required by OPM?

Did you install ModularFlightIntegrator which is part of Koperncus? That mod is not optional.

Did you get nyancats? (If yes then you did not install Kopernicus for your exact version of KSP.0fk15vd68hu01.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 1:25 AM, 123nick said:

is this the most recent thread for OPM? i thought someone made a threat "reviving" OPM for 1.6 or 1.7, but i am not sure.

I asked that question in literally the first post on this page, and it was answered immediately after that;

Hi and big thanks concerning Outer Planets Mod addon! I'm using it (v2.2.2) against KSP v1.7.0.

I have just two questions (maybe they're stupid questions), can are considered as suggestions however:

1/ is it possible to remove Dress planet? (maybe Dress is remaining in OPM for some reason I unknown - eg technical/KSP limitations, or other)? or maybe - if possible - Dress orbit can be relocated between Duna and Jool (in order to "simulate" Ceres into asteroids belt, for example).

2/ is it possible to enhance Duna moons system (like Phobos/Deimos) by redesign Ike orbit, and by adding small rock like Deimos?

The "third" question was already asked in this forum (about Eve retrograde rotation, like Venus does), so I don't ask it again ;)

TIA.

Dominique.

Edited by DomiKamu

1 hour ago, DomiKamu said:

Dress orbit can be relocated between Duna and Jool (in order to "simulate" Ceres into asteroids belt, for example).

I don't know how to break this to you, but they wouldn't need to "relocate" Dres very far, seeing as how it's already right between Duna and Jool anyway.

Also, my gut feeling is telling me that the Outer Planets Mod probably doesn't want to do much changing to any of the inner planets. You may need to look elsewhere (or try your own hand at modding) if you want to change Duna's satellites. 

1 hour ago, TBenz said:

I don't know how to break this to you, but they wouldn't need to "relocate" Dres very far, seeing as how it's already right between Duna and Jool anyway.

Also, my gut feeling is telling me that the Outer Planets Mod probably doesn't want to do much changing to any of the inner planets. You may need to look elsewhere (or try your own hand at modding) if you want to change Duna's satellites. 

@TBenzOh yes it's okay about Dres location (between Duna and Jool). I've said mines questions may are stupid, so... this is one! ;) Okay also for Duna satellites - but unfortunately I don't have enough skills to do by myself. And it's not important. Thanks for your reply, appreciated! ;)

I've released an update that fixes a few minor issues and tagged it as compatible with 1.7.*.

The release can be grabbed from the usual place (https://github.com/Poodmund/Outer-Planets-Mod/releases/tag/2.2.3) and will be updated on CKAN in due course when the metadata gets re-parsed.

Changelog:

v2.2.3

• Fixed Eeloo's normal map texture
  • Corrected a localization string on one of Wal's biomes
  • Bumped version file to give compatibility with KSP 1.7.*

And with that, all issues listed on the Git repo have been resolved. THEREFORE, if anyone knows of any further or outstanding issues with the mod, please let me know by creating an issue on the Git repo: https://github.com/Poodmund/Outer-Planets-Mod/issues

EDIT: I'll be posting up a new thread for this tomorrow, please be patient. Also please allow CKAN some time to reflect the new download URL's as the NetKAN metadata will need changing.

The new thread for Outer Planets Mod can be found by following this link: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/184789-17-outer-planets-mod-v224-27th-may-2019/