Galileo

[KSP 1.5.*] Outer Planets Mod[2.2.1] [25 April 2018]

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

kXdNFMZ.png

 

Why do your folder names have the version numbers in them, like CTTP.v1.0.4.  That's not going to work.  You have to go into the .zip file, find the GameData folder, and then move the contents of that folder to the GameData of your KSP install.  The folder names must be exactly as they are inside the GameData folder of the .zip.  For instance:

CTTP
Kopernicus
ModularFlightIntegrator
OPM

What you have is all messed up.  It's never going to work like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, obney kerman said:

kXdNFMZ.png

Every single mod you have is installed incorrectly.

 *edit: ninja’d by OhioBob

 

there are a lot of YouTube tutorials that cover installing mods for KSP.

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, obney kerman said:

kXdNFMZ.png

 

Judging by this screenshot you are not installing any of the mods correctly that you have downloaded, hence why it is not working correctly.

Please read and follow this thread for instructions as to how to install mods for KSP: 

Or alternatively if you are not that comfortable with dealing with low-technical manipulation of computer files and folders, use CKAN instead as it will automatically download and install mods for you: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/download/v1.25.3/ckan.exe

As far as your issue is concerned, this is no longer an issue with the OPM mod as it is an issue with you being able to install mods so, as a developer of this mod, I would ask you to refrain from posting to request any further support on this issue within this thread. I would like to direct you to the Technical Support (PC, modded installs) sub-forum where you can ask for general modded KSP support there to receive further help.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. I had no idea how bad I was at installing mods. Fixed, and it works great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, obney kerman said:

Wow. I had no idea how bad I was at installing mods. Fixed, and it works great.

Good to hear that you got it sorted. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some others are helping more directly, but getting that GameData folder sorted out is going to be crucial.

On 11/14/2018 at 9:02 AM, obney kerman said:

That is the most intimidating thing I've ever seen on this website.

:D I would lean more toward "direct" in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

My Kopernicus gives error

Can’t help you based on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eaten by Black Hole The mesage in your screenshot actually tells you that some files like the KSP.log, MM configCache, etc. pp are required in order to help you. Without these files, all we can do is guessing and keep asking you questions, waiting for an answer, ask more questions...

If you can actually provide the required files, your problem can probably solved within a few hours or even minutes ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

@Eaten by Black Hole The mesage in your screenshot actually tells you that some files like the KSP.log, MM configCache, etc. pp are required in order to help you. Without these files, all we can do is guessing and keep asking you questions, waiting for an answer, ask more questions...

If you can actually provide the required files, your problem can probably solved within a few hours or even minutes ;)

Should i sent you GameData folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Should i sent you GameData folder?

No, we need:

  1. KSP.log (located in your KSP install directory, literally next to your KSP_x64.exe)
  2. ModuelManager.ConfigCache (located inyour GameData directory. It is possible that this file doesn't exists due some config issues)
  3. Logs (This is a whole folder in your KSP install directory)

Upload them to a filehoster/online cloud of your choice (i.e. dropbox, google drive, one drive, mega...) and share the download link here. You may want to put all files into a .zip or .rar archive so you just need to upload a single file, but this is not necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

No, we need:

  1. KSP.log (located in your KSP install directory, literally next to your KSP_x64.exe)
  2. ModuelManager.ConfigCache (located inyour GameData directory. It is possible that this file doesn't exists due some config issues)
  3. Logs (This is a whole folder in your KSP install directory)

Upload them to a filehoster/online cloud of your choice (i.e. dropbox, google drive, one drive, mega...) and share the download link here. You may want to put all files into a .zip or .rar archive so you just need to upload a single file, but this is not necessary.

Just there:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b1rwp633u3ujdyk/AACTHg1Pgi8ZnKwTuUBUVxnUa?dl=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Thanks :)

Unfortunately, the 'Logs' folder (which contains the kopernicus logs) is still missing, please add this folder as well since this seems to be a bit more tricky than expected.
So far, there are two things I can find:

  1. ModularFlightIntegrator is not up-to-date (it is required by kopernicus and bundled in the download)
  2. You don't even have OPM installed but SVT, snarkiverse, better looking oceans and ascension (these are at least the four mods I can find which require kopernicus) but their patches seem to be applied properly

If updating ModularFlightIntegrator doesn't fix your issue, we'll definitly need the kopernicus logs from the 'Logs' folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Thanks :)

Unfortunately, the 'Logs' folder (which contains the kopernicus logs) is still missing, please add this folder as well since this seems to be a bit more tricky than expected.
So far, there are two things I can find:

  1. ModularFlightIntegrator is not up-to-date (it is required by kopernicus and bundled in the download)
  2. You don't even have OPM installed but SVT, snarkiverse, better looking oceans and ascension (these are at least the four mods I can find which require kopernicus) but their patches seem to be applied properly

If updating ModularFlightIntegrator doesn't fix your issue, we'll definitly need the kopernicus logs from the 'Logs' folder.

I see OPM doesnt works,then i unistalled it.I will try to update MFI.Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Thanks :)

Unfortunately, the 'Logs' folder (which contains the kopernicus logs) is still missing, please add this folder as well since this seems to be a bit more tricky than expected.
So far, there are two things I can find:

  1. ModularFlightIntegrator is not up-to-date (it is required by kopernicus and bundled in the download)
  2. You don't even have OPM installed but SVT, snarkiverse, better looking oceans and ascension (these are at least the four mods I can find which require kopernicus) but their patches seem to be applied properly

If updating ModularFlightIntegrator doesn't fix your issue, we'll definitly need the kopernicus logs from the 'Logs' folder.

It didn't fixed my problem.Here is my Kopernicus Logs:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/49248ad19ikiqbc/AAA88NqYZGluZHFHhwqCfb8Oa?dl=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have CustomAsteroids installed, but ever since the 1.5.0 update I'm not getting any asteroid moons in orbit of the gas planets. Anyone have any ideas?

 

EDIT: Just saw the change log... anyone have any ideas regardless?

Edited by Asmosdeus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since I downloaded OPM and its dependencies I seem to have quite a problem. First, most stock parts under version 1.2 turned into this pink texture (This was not happening before I downloaded OPM).

Second, it takes 4-8 seconds to open the map or the Tracking Station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Celuta said:

Second, it takes 4-8 seconds to open the map or the Tracking Station.

What version are you using?  If 1.5.0, there's a bug in Kopernicus that causes this.  The only thing you can do to fix it is upgrade to 1.5.1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, OhioBob said:

What version are you using?  If 1.5.0, there's a bug in Kopernicus that causes this.  The only thing you can do to fix it is upgrade to 1.5.1.

Alright thanks i'll try this. Im using 1.5.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What mod gives telescopes to see all these planets? I have a TST, but its most powerful telescope can't see beyond the Urlum. And very poor vision even a small moon of Sarnus, for example Hale. Or maybe it has something to do with the fashion Research Bodies? I tried in sandbox mode without these mods to watch all the planets OPM, the result is the same: at maximum approximation only Urlum and its moons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sokol_323 said:

What mod gives telescopes to see all these planets? I have a TST, but its most powerful telescope can't see beyond the Urlum. And very poor vision even a small moon of Sarnus, for example Hale. Or maybe it has something to do with the fashion Research Bodies? I tried in sandbox mode without these mods to watch all the planets OPM, the result is the same: at maximum approximation only Urlum and its moons.

You may need to launch probes with telescopes to known bodies to be able to see past them? To be honest I've not made it far enough in a career game + research bodies + OPM to know how to do it, yet. Does TST have any supercharged parts?

Also -- there may be some lingering problems with Contract Configurator (hasn't been updated to 1.5*) that could be messing with how Research Bodies discovers things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

You may need to launch probes with telescopes to known bodies to be able to see past them? To be honest I've not made it far enough in a career game + research bodies + OPM to know how to do it, yet. Does TST have any supercharged parts?

Also -- there may be some lingering problems with Contract Configurator (hasn't been updated to 1.5*) that could be messing with how Research Bodies discovers things.

TST has two telescopes: zoom 6 and 10. I have both in orbit right now. The most powerful is now in a circular polar orbit with a height of about 80 thousand kilometers, that is, at the very edge of the Kerbin system. He sees Urlum and his companions. And I discovered this planet just looking through space through the control panel TST. After that, she appeared in the tracking station and began to be issued contracts for re-examination of all open bodies in the system. Now I have almost 70% studied all open bodies, their orbits and appearance are known. Except Hale, his telescope can't see. More precisely, sees a piece of stone, and you will receive a message that there is no scientific value. I already thought I'd probably have to launch the telescope roughly into Jооl orbit to see further. But in my career, I've only landed automatic probes on Dune and sent the first machines to Eve. Jооl is still far away, although open technologies allow to do it.

Sorry for my English.

Edited by Sokol_323

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been covered before, but what do I do/install/change to make the GPP system the primary system, with the Kerbol+OPM system orbiting it? Do I need to install GPP_OPM? I think that's what I have to do (same idea as installing GPP_Secondary except it does it for the Kerbol/OPM system), but I want to make sure before I mess up an existing Science mode save (of course I'll make a backup, but I want to avoid needing a backup if I can).

I know from looking at the GPP configs that Kerbol will be renamed to Robau's star or something like that (can't remember exactly), and that's what gave me the idea to install OPM on-top of my GPP/GEP systems.

Just trying to make sure that by installing GPP_OPM I'm not making the Ciro system orbit Kerbol.

EDIT 1:

I'm going to be running all of this on KSP v1.5.1 in d3d11 mode. I fully realize that GPP and GEP are not yet updated for KSP 1.5.1, but I have not had any problems with using GPP and GEP so far because I installed the 1.5.1 version of all the required dependencies. (I know I'll get no support if I post bug reports because of using not-updated mods, but I'll either figure out a workaround {in which case I'll post the workaround}, or I'll just live without it).

EDIT 2:

Now that I'm actually trying to find GPP_OPM, it seems Google can't find it (Usually I use google to search the forums because the forum search function doesn't do what I want it to 90% of the time, or at least that's how it used to behave a while ago). Any help on that front?

EDIT 3:

Looked in the OPM zip's Optional Mods folder to see if it was there, because that's where GPP_Secondary is in the GPP zip, but no luck. Any help would be much appreciated!

Edited by SciMan
I know what I'm doing, I promise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SciMan "Kerbol" is not renamed to Robau's Star. Robau's Star is entirely new and a different star type (K, in the class of older, orange stars, not G class like Sun and Kerbol). OPM gets its own star because there's no room around Grannus for GEP and OPM simultaneously.

GPP_OPM is the config that controls where and how OPM is placed when GEP is present or absent, and is not a whole mod on its own.

There is no option to make the stock planets their own star system. GPP and GEP were made for players who are bored of the stock planets.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.