I can't seem to get the resource mode map working for Kerbnet!

I have a problem.

Recently, I launched a relay into stable polar orbit around Kerbin, and even though I'm below 600,000 km AND I have the M700 Survey Scanner, I still can't seem to cycle the Kerbnet view mode to resource mode. How can I access resource mode in Kerbnet? I'll post some screenshots below of what I'm trying to get across.

This is the mode I want to see: Resource mode.

This is a picture of my satellite: This is my satellite.

This is my connection to Kerbin and my altitude: This is some information.

30 minutes ago, Chowderpat said:

But, if the M700 is more powerful why wouldn't it work?

Because it has no kerbnet acess. 

And inedeed the Narrow band scanner is the only part that allow acess to resource mode.

The mobile lab(with a scientist aboard) and probecores can ascess both biome and terain mode. Except the Stayputnick, QBE, OKTO and HECS that can only acess terain mode.

55 minutes ago, Chowderpat said:

@Cpt Kerbalkrunch I did perform an orbital survey, it didn't work. I also tried the Narrow Band Scanner, too, but not with a polar orbit. That might be why. But, if the M700 is more powerful why wouldn't it work?

Once an orbital survey is performed (and you can always check with the scanner itself or in the tracking station to make sure you've done so at the world you're orbiting in your current save), the orbit you're in won't matter anymore; except in which part of the planet/moon you can see. And though the survey scanner is more powerful, it just doesn't have the ability to see resource mode in Kerbnet. Only the Narrow Band Scanner. The survey scanner however, doesn't really need to. You can toggle the ore concentration on your map view just using the scanner's own ability. Until I checked it a little while ago, I had never looked at resource mode in Kerbnet before.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.