modded science tree mostly empty

Morgan927

I modded my KSP a while back with a bunch of mods, I think there are 32 of them.  Mostly to put unmanned before manned flight, and to expand the tech tree.  However, I notice that 6 of 22 of the 550 level science nodes and above don't actually have any parts in them.  At the next level 1000, only 4 of 20 have parts in them.  At the 1500 level, only 2 of 21 have parts, yet these empty nodes are prerequisites for other nodes that also seem empty.  Did something not install correctly?  do I have some conflicting mods?  How would I even START to debug this?  I am afraid of removing modules, because many of my existing ships and flying probes, relays, etc. may have parts removed by any mods I remove.  I have science to spend, but not to get nothing!

My KSP is running 1.3.0.1804 and these are my current mods:

KSP: 1.3 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.13
Community Category Kit - 2.0.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.7.2
CommunityTechTree - 3.2
Crowd Sourced Science - 4.1
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.10
Contract Parser - 1.0.7
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.5.6471.31118
K2CommandPodContinued - 1.1.8.2
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.7.6468.41490
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
KSPRescuePodFix - 1.1.0.7
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE - 1.0.2
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7
PartOverhaulsSETI - 0.9.2
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.5.2
SCANsat - 1.1.8
SETI-CareerChallenge - 1.3
SETI-Greenhouse - 1.2.2
SETI-MetaModPack - 1.3
SETI-ProbeParts - 1.3.0.2
SETI-Rebalance - 1.3.0.2
SETI-RebalanceMaterialsGoo - 1.3
StationScienceContinued - 2.3
TakeCommandContinued - 1.4.9
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2
Universal Storage - 1.3.0.1
Unmanned before Manned - 1.3.0.2
[x] Science! - 5.10

Edited by Morgan927

Use Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes to hide the nodes that do not have parts in them. This does not delete them, just hides them from view. All your parts should remain. After installing, delete all MM generated files in your GameData folder to make sure the effects take place, as MM uses a cache to reduce load time. This needs to be regenerated for your tech tree to be pruned with this mod. 

On the Community Tech Tree thread there's a list of mods that use the tree. I think a major mod you're missing is KSP Interstellar extended, which adds sci-fi and high tech propulsion methods, and the USI suite, which adds life support, base building, resource processing.

Yes, many later tech nodes are used by interstellar (which has some learning curve comparable to colonization mods :)).

But also keep in mind that CTT is a framework for modding in progress, so for some nodes there might not even be mods (yet).

Edited by Yemo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.