Galileo Exploration Challenge

zanie420

Summary:

I choose my strategy and do an Iota flyby. Then I put the Research Bodies telescope into polar orbit and scan the Ciro/Grannus binary system. Awarded a decent chunk on science for doing so and spending it gladly in R&D.

Edited by zanie420

Video summary:
Contacts on launchpad done for funds. Telescope orbit altered for contract. Iota lander and relay sent. 3 biomes landed and contract completed. Lots of science acquired. Observatory and R&D upgraded. 4th tier science cleared. Gael radar and biome scans completed. Rescue sent with all veterans. New Gaelan named Crisys :)  Grabbing the Advanced Exploration node grants me access to MPL.

Edited by zanie420

Summary:

Lander sent to Ceti, getting 5 biomes before returning the data core for 1162 science. Buildings upgraded and science spent. Iota program  set as strategy and manned lander sent with all Gaelans aboard. Landed on Iota and planted many flags. Ceti program set as strategy and mission renamed and diverted to Ceti. Landed on Ceti and planted flags.  Just enough fuel left to orbit. Sent remotely operated rescue tug. Got vessel to 70km orbit above Gael and then deorbited and landed safely. 497 science this time,  everyone to level 2, and a ton of badges received.

Edited by zanie420

Summary:

New celestial bodies discovered with the telescope and science acquired for it. First interplanetary transfers planned. Launched MPL Station to get ALL the science!! Took station to Iota orbit, then Ceti landings in 5 biomes and planting flags,  before finally escaping Gael briefly. Scientists both now level 3. Several more celestial bodies discovered with the telescope, and over 1500 science gained. Research started on Thalia and Tellumo in the observatory. 5th tier science cleared in R&D.

Edited by zanie420

Summary:  Niven Lander sent. Much science processed and returned from MPL and spent in R&D.  Landed MPL in 5 Iota biomes, collecting science/data to process. Planted flags on Ceti. Sent rescue mission to return stranded Gaelan. Debris recovered and new recruit Jullite returned to Gael. Sentinel telescope sent to orbit Ciro. Landed rover on Niven and completed strategy contract.

Edited by zanie420

Summary:  Maybe this episode should have been split, but it all just goes together thematically.

Niven program strategy taken. Other Niven contracts accepted to do a fly-by, plant a flag, surface science, and return to Gael. Rescue missions add Kimrys, Sanissa, Lismie and Chuck Gaelan to the roster. MPL farmed over and over for science and transmitted to GSC. This allows me to purchase the rest of the 7th tier on the tech tree.  Multiple tourism contracts allowed me to test out life support, escape pods, nuclear power,  and mining operations. First Sentinel asteroid mapping satellite deployed. All GSC buildings upgraded. Gearing up to plant my first interplanetary flag!

Edited by zanie420

Summary

New mod installed, Tarsier Space Technology, with link at the bottom.

Initial research begun on the outer planets in the observatory. Tarsier Deep Space Telescope launched into polar orbit and many pictures taken of the inner planets and their moons . MPL farmed many times, resulting in the next science tier in the tech tree to be fully acquired. SENTINEL telescope contract completed. Niven mission with Galileo, Chuck, and Sanissa aboard launches. Excess funds used to photo the outer planets and their moons, researching them completely. Successful insertion, aerobrake, and landing on Niven. Flags planted, and much science transmitted.  Episode 9 will exploit the now closing window to Icarus from Gael.

Edited by zanie420

On 10/19/2017 at 10:44 AM, Geschosskopf said:

Impressive program, although it's hard to watch so many long videos in a row.  Perhaps some screenshots to hit the highlights?

I was thinking of doing a highlight video of just the flag plantings. Currently that would only be Iota, Ceti, Niven, and as of just minutes ago Icarus. But I have a mission already sent to Thalia...

I am grateful for the insight, and wonder what you would consider highlights? It's hard for me to know what to cut, and what to keep. I am no Scott Manley, that's for sure! I wish I were more entertaining :)

1 hour ago, zanie420 said:

I am grateful for the insight, and wonder what you would consider highlights? It's hard for me to know what to cut, and what to keep. I am no Scott Manley, that's for sure! I wish I were more entertaining :)

Well, you give a list of highlights in each post.  And it's your game, so those are what you consider the most important points.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.