some simple parts request

nascarlaser1

Hi guys!

I was wondering if someone in the moding community would be willing to make me some simple parts. All I 'd like is a grey  colored version of the stock fuel cells and a light blue colored version of the monopropellant radial tanks. I am making my own LS mod for personal use and I am going to turn them into oxygen tanks and a carbon dioxide reclaimer.

Thanks!

Edited by nascarlaser1

9 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Hi guys!

I was wondering if someone in the moding community would be willing to make me some simple parts. All I 'd like is a grey  colored version of the stock fuel cells and a light blue colored version of the monopropellant radial tanks. I am making my own LS mod for personal use and I am going to turn them into oxygen tanks and a carbon dioxide reclaimer.

Thanks!

Sounds like a really good reason to learn to make a simple part. I wont make it for you, but would be more than happy to share any advice or answer any questions you might have, assuming you decided to build it yourself. There is this common conception out there that you need some special talent to learn how to make a basic mod. And I am here to tell you that simply is not case. For example, I am a finance major with no artistic or coding background. Yet I have created a small parts mod. Its super easy if you are a person who naturally has the drive to educate themselves in things they find interesting. Which I assume is a common trait among most KSP players. As you really have to educate yourself slightly to play this game successfully.

30 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Sounds like a really good reason to learn to make a simple part. I wont make it for you, but would be more than happy to share any advice or answer any questions you might have, assuming you decided to build it yourself. There is this common conception out there that you need some special talent to learn how to make a basic mod. And I am here to tell you that simply is not case. For example, I am a finance major with no artistic or coding background. Yet I have created a small parts mod. Its super easy if you are a person who naturally has the drive to educate themselves in things they find interesting. Which I assume is a common trait among most KSP players. As you really have to educate yourself slightly to play this game successfully.

I have the basic parts built, but my wings3d copy is glitched and wont let me make the UV map needed to texture them. I don't have the time irl nor the internet speed to reinstall the program again, so I'm at a stand still :(. Thank you for the advice though :).

Edited by nascarlaser1

10 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I have the basic parts built, but my wings3d copy is glitched and wont let me make the UV map needed to texture them. I don't have the time irl nor the internet speed to reinstall the program again, so I'm at a stand still :(. Thank you for the advice though :).

I knew I recognized ur name. Man you still haven't figured out that issue, that stinks. I feel for you man. I guess I have always taken for granted the fact I live in America close to a major city. Internet speed is not something I have had to worry about since the days of dial-up.

13 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

I knew I recognized ur name. Man you still haven't figured out that issue, that stinks. I feel for you man. I guess I have always taken for granted the fact I live in America close to a major city. Internet speed is not something I have had to worry about since the days of dial-up.

yeah. Hopefully 1 day I'll get it fixed. 

I was wondering though, if I sent you the download for 99% completed models, would you be willing to just color them in for me? all I want is for the fuel tank to be blue and the other part to be 1 solid color of gray.

14 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Hey @nascarlaser1 are these tanks that you are making the same as stock tanks? You can open up the textures with paint.net or other image editing program and color them the way you like, then use the MODEL node in the config files to use the stock tank and your new texture. 

really?? Thanks! I thought that I'd have to recreate the UV map for each new texture!!

I've encountered an Issue again (why does this always happen to me :(). I was following @Benjamin Kerman's idea of just editing a texture from a stock RCS radial long fuel tank, but I cant figure out how to open up the texture in MS paint in order to edit it. The texture is a DDS image, which isn't an accepted file type to be opened in paint. Does anyone know how to make this file open?

Thanks!

Edit:

Also, does anyone know how to create 2 new resources for in game and make it so a kerbal consumes them? I'd just like to make it so that my kerbal consumes oxygen and creates carbon dioxide. I haven't done anything outside of part config so if there is a tutorial somewhere it would be much appreciated

Thank you again!.

Edited by nascarlaser1

18 minutes ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Try using paint.net (free, download at https://www.getpaint.net/) or in photoshop for the .dds files. 

For making the kerbals consume resources, i dont know about that. Creating resources is easy, but i think you might need to write a plugin for that part. 

thxs!

I will open up a separate question in the plug in help section about the Kerbal consuming part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.