Kerbal Capitalism Program

So, remember Emulating real life in Kerbal Space Program by @TheEpicSquared from the way-back-when of April?

It's back.

This time, we're calling it the "Kerbal Capitalism Program" to distinguish it from the old one. With the new-fangled technology like Discord and GitHub!

2017-10-06 | We're staying on 1.3 for a bit until the mods are updated.

>> Sign me up, Scotty! <<

WOBSITE

MODLIST | SAVEFILE

ROLE INFORMATION

Spoiler

LAUNCH PROVIDERS

Spoiler

LPs build rockets. Rocket development costs money. In fact, the development cost of the rocket is exactly 5x the rocket's cost. The cost of a rocket launch is 110% the rocket's cost. (launch pad fees, etc.) If a stage is recovered, the LP is refunded 80% of the funds gained from the refund (refurbishment, etc). If a rocket design is modified, the cost to develop the modifications is 5*abs(Vn - Vn+1) i.e., 5x the difference in price.

PAYLOAD PROVIDERS

Spoiler

PPs design satellites. Currently they don't have a budget, but we're working on it. See #math on the server if you have any ideas.

HOW TO PLAY

Spoiler
  1. Choose a role. You can either be a Launch Provider (LP) or Payload Provider (PP)
  2. Choose a corporation. You can create your own or join an existing one (see corp index below). Pick a 3-character abbreviation.
  3. Design vehicles
  4. Negotiate with other players
  5. Make a deal
  6. Launch to SPAAAAAACE!
  7. ???
  8. PROFIT!
  9. Repeat from step 3 or 4

LINKS

Spoiler

ALL OF THESE PAGES ARE WIP AND PROBABLY DON'T WORK

Corp index.

Rocket index.

Payload index.

Edited by icantmakemodels
Rocket development section now redundant

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:39 PM, icantmakemodels said:

@MajorMushroom -- Very, very carefully. Also, PPs get paid yearly by the government for their satellites.

I really don't like that system, are we planning to change it sometime later? because that is a very badly made system for satellite budgets

I'd rather have PPs not have a budget yet, and when we do we just make them unavailable, and we have to launch new satellites

1 minute ago, StupidAndy said:

I really don't like that system, are we planning to change it sometime later? because that is a very badly made system for satellite budgets

I'd rather have PPs not have a budget yet, and when we do we just make them unavailable, and we have to launch new satellites

i posted a new system on discord, check it out

I'm having trouble making a corp but whatever. The main reason I'm making a post is to give some suggestions some income ideas.

Since this is supposedly to be somewhat realistic, I thought I would mention some current government contracts.

Those who are fans of SpaceX might be familiar with NASA's COTS program. It basically contracted out commercial resupply and astronaut transportation to the ISS. There has been rumor about a possible COTS program for a cis-lunar or lunar base. Orbital ATK also finished parts of the COTS program.

Those who hate ULA might know that as a part of USAF assured access to space directive. ULA gets 1 billion dollars a year subsidy to essentially be launch ready and do absolutely nothing. ULA and (very recently) SpaceX are the only US launch providers certified to launch USAF and NRO satellites. You may want to have requirements for unlocking USAF contracts like a reliability rate.

Also, in the past week the USAF released a request for bids to develop new engines to replace the Russian RD-180s. SpaceX has recieved partial funding for a Raptor powered upper stage. Blue Origin has already received funding for their BE-4 engine. ULA has received funding for developing their Vulcan rocket that will use the BE-4 engine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.