Ohh My GOSH!!! Look what I did!!! Yes finally YES!!!!!!

IAmNotCreative_21

Mother of God.... how did you do this??

46 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Maybe that's just what the VAB looks like when you tip it over by shoving a giant space rock in it!

More like the VAB after being squished by a giant space rock.

yeah sorry about the SPH and VAB

I can give you the *mod( it's just one part in a folder called rock.) We need a name for it, how about "The Magic Potato".

in the save file there is a section in for each asteroid module, the seed name weight resources and what type( magic or not, its called the" state" if its set to 1 it's normal if it's set to 2, its "magic") I was testing on my mac but might transfer this to my pc. That is a class E asteroid, and I can give you any class you want. The asteroid when placed will always be the same one. It is not random but a specific asteroid. And this mod does not effect other asteroids in the game. I can give guide to creating and editing these asteroids. In other words a guide to EDITING THE UNIVERSE. I'd be happy to. (you can edit mass, resource ratio, if it's magic or not, the shape/seed.) I downloaded a mod that adds the Potatoroid to the game(placable) and I took the config for module asteroid out of a save game and put it under the potatoroid. Now I have custom asteroid part thats magic and behaves as a normal asteroid when launched.

Edited by 534n888
I forgot to include stuff......

Asteroids are random blend of PQS mods that are normally for terrain. They are random and each has a seed( that asteroid identity kinda) you can have you're own asteroid in a save file and edit the heck out of it. Want to always have magic asteroids Done! Want super heavy asteroids? done! The bad part is you can't edit size of asteroid. The seed determines size and shape of the asteroid. The "state" determines if it is magic or not.

If you tell me what you want i can give you the mod.(the "mod" might have to replace the potatoroid .cfg depending on what the mod does, the "mod" for the magic one in SPH doesn't affect other asteroids. or the original poatatoroid .cfg. Normally the chance for a magic asteroid is 5% if your're wondering.

Edited by 534n888

yes it is a normal asteroid the largest i've seen the seed is 48.8 meters cubed, it is a normal asteroid but hacked around, there is a little cube if zoomed in. Also sorry if i don't instantly reply you might want to sub to the thread. If you want the file then just ask i'm post a repository on GitHub. so yeah i'm lonely. and you can mine it and stuff. it's drag is pretty much just like normal asteroids.

I tried a resale factor to asteroid module but it didn't do anything. I might give blender a try and make massive 200 meter asteroid. I'm smarter than the average cow and every one i know says i'm a genius but my spelling needs work so yeah.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.