How to recreate Big Freaking Rocket in KSP with RSS?

raxo2222

1 hour ago, memes in space said:

The gees would be freaking insane on that that thing, that won't happen. I mean you could try putting a mk3 plane on top of a big srb

Not really. Manned launches are generally only going to see max G of 3 or so, even when coming back down, and there's roller coasters that make you pull more g's than that.  Coming back down shouldn't be any more than that either. 

9 hours ago, memes in space said:

The gees would be freaking insane on that that thing, that won't happen.

What you are talking about the real rocket? You do realize it can throttle and regulate the G force for the crew right? And that big rockets always have low Thrust To Weight ratios? If there is anything that will be a problem on that rocket, it wont be G-forces.

Well, back on track. You could try and use procedural parts and procedural wings, it makes everything a whole lot easier.

9 hours ago, memes in space said:

The gees would be freaking insane on that that thing, that won't happen. I mean you could try putting a mk3 plane on top of a big srb

Also, the MK3 isn't near any dimension of the real thing, it's about 9 meters in diameter. Plus is just doesn't look the same

I would also suggest to just use the PP parts for now. Strap some cool windows on it and you're good to go. You could put some manned parts just inside the big part. And put one pod at the side of the cabine so it can function as an airlock. 

I think releases of the BFR will come in a few days/weeks

Hmm, the RD-270 from the SovietEngines pack are nice for making launch vehicles that lift 1000+ tons to LEO.

ProceduralParts are more or less obligatory.

If you fiddle around enough, you can put a whole Saturn V into orbit, or an entire launchpad with LV, like Maccollo on his "Flags and footprints on Venus" video on YT^^

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:12 PM, raxo2222 said:

lol I saw there is SpaceX mod, but they don't have proper BFR yet - that is methalox using engine.

Why don't you just make it methalox by yourself since you classify a methalox engine as a proper BFR? Its only a simple CFG. edit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.