Looking for good mods

Hey guys. I am going to be starting a new career mode, and was curious which mods are best. Usually I play stock. But I want a little extra difficulty. I want to use the stock solar system for the moment, as I have yet to conquer it entirely, but I'm looking for some mods that might add some interesting parts and some added difficulty. If anyone has any recommendations. I appreciate it. 

Also worth looking at is something like Surface Experiment Package, Station Science, or MOLE.  All of these offer more science, but make you put more effort into getting it.  (Typically having to put something in place for a period of time, and possibly to have to return it.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 5:23 AM, Rocketscience101 said:

I'm looking for some mods that might add some interesting parts and some added difficulty.

For added difficulty, I'd put a life support mod top of the list. probably USI. Or Kerbalism if you want more challenge.
Next would be FAR, for aerodynamics that aren't ridiculously forgiving, and aircraft that fly like aircraft.
Then KIS & KAS, for some EVA fun, and a way to salvage that mission you inevitably screw up.
For more interesting career mode, Contract Configurator (and some contract packs), plus Strategia to make the admin building useful.
A few more parts are always nice, pick those that take your fancy. Near Future & MKS add some nice end-game stuff. I also run M2X/M3X for planes, MRS or KWRocketry for rockets.
For spicing up the visuals, I highly recommend Stock Visual Enhancements.
I also consider Editor Extensions, RCS Build Aid, Kerbal Alarm Clock & Waypoint Manager to be pretty much indispensable for quality of life and reduced frustration.
If you want an autopilot (warning, makes game "easier" in some scenarios), you can't go past MechJeb. If you just want the information without the piloting help, Kerbal Engineer.

The list goes on, I have 66 mods installed ATM and it took me a while to settle on the important ones. Best just try some and see.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.