Solar Arrays start extended, cannot ever toggle

I realize this is a very vague question, but, uh...

Spoiler

unknown.png

All of my solar arrays start out extended when I attach them to a craft, and they're all unable to ever be retracted, both in the VAB and if I stick 'em out on the launchpad as a test. 

I honestly don't have any idea what specifically could be causing this.  I use a lot of mods, but I'm not exactly sure which one might be behind this, and going through using process of elimination would be... well...

Spoiler

unknown.png

Let's just say that if I don't have to use process of elimination, I'd prefer not to use process of elimination.

I'm hoping that someone out in the gallery might have run into this before and knows off-hand either what is causing this to happen, or where the appropriate places to look might be.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit:  I'm realizing belatedly that this somehow ended up in the "Unmodded" tech support forum instead of the "Modded" tech support forum.  If anyone with the power to do so could move this over the "Modded" forum, that would be great.  Sorry for the mix-up.

Edited by Landwalker

15 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It sounds like a bad install, or Amy mod which was removed and not in completely.

We would need to see your log file to know what is going on

See my signature for a link as to how to get the log file..

Ah, of course.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv513cmxpa47awo/output_log.txt?dl=0

I'm afraid I might have mucked up the log by attempting some crude troubleshooting of my own over the course of a few game launches, but that's what I've got to work with.

I see that AutoAction is throwing errors, I wonder if that's your problem, so is Tweakscale.

Try removing those two and see what happens.

Other than that, you have a lot of mods installed, so make a full copy, then remove 1/2 of the mods and see if that resolves the problem,  if it does, then add back 1/2 of the removed mods and try again.  Repeat and rinse

If removing the first half doesn't resolve the problem, then remove the other half and put the first half back.

Doing this, you will be able to zero in on the bad mod fairly quickly.

It's been a bit of downtime, as I got sucked into the early access for Airport CEO, but I've good news:  The problem has been solved!

For anyone ultimately encountering the same problem, here's the solution:

It seems that, as of this writing, there is a conflict between changes made as part of Ven's Stock Revamp (version 1.9.6) and Kopernicus (version 1.3.0-8) when running on KSP 1.3.0.  I was able to get the solar arrays working again by removing \GameData\Kopernicus\Config\SolarPanels.cfg.  I did a quick test and have not noticed any problems in my game associated with removing this config file—the solar panels still soak up sunlight, face Kerbol, etc.  There may be some lingering, not-instantly-obvious repurcussions to this, and if I notice any I'll follow up here, but until then, I can finally start building long-term satellites capable of enjoying Kerbol's glowy sustenance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.